• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many genders are there?

Grandpappy

America First Populist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I was always taught there were only two, but I was in the 8th grade health class in 1966. Have things changed?

I was always taught there were only two, but I was in the 8th grade health class in 1966. Have things changed?
Whatever number would trigger cons the most. Every time a con makes a helicopter joke we add another gender.

I'm trying to imagine what the health teacher in 1966 would have done if she asked the class how many genders there were and I raised my hand and said "Over a hundred".
Probably send me to the school nurse to make a needed visit to a psychiatrist. :LOL:

Why do you care? Why does anyone care?
We should all care, if for no other reason, it is confusing our young and the generations to come...

2 sexes

I dont think gender ever came up until this century.

I'm trying to imagine what the health teacher in 1966 would have done if she asked the class how many genders there were and I raised my hand and said "Over a hundred".
Probably send me to the school nurse to make a needed visit to a psychiatrist. :LOL:
Gladly scientific thinking has moved on since 1966.

Yeah well in 1966 people thought black and white people shouldn't marry, so....

She would not have asked you that. We did not talk about sex in school back then at all.

We should all care, if for no other reason, it is confusing our young and the generations to come...
I think it's only "confusing" to older people.

Consider yourself lucky. Had you said the same in 1766 they would have burned you as a witch.

I'm considering doing that now.

Yeah well in 1966 people thought black and white people shouldn't marry, so....
Didn't Captain Kirk make a play for the green woman on Star Trek? I think he kissed Uhura, too, First interracial kiss on TV maybe.

'Genders' are fictitious so one can imagine as many as one likes. If you wish to dream up 58 million Unicorns, each one of a different gender that's fine.

I think it's only "confusing" to older people.
I am not in the least confused being able to recognise idiocy when I see it.

I am not in the least confused being able to recognise idiocy when I see it.
Really, because everybody getting their panties all in a twist over labeling seems pretty idiotic to me.

How many do you want?

Really, because everybody getting their panties all in a twist over labeling seems pretty idiotic to me.
Me too. So neither of us is confused.

It might be confusing to you and other social conservatives, but other people aren't confused by a medical science that is not binary.

Why do you care and try to cancel other people? Other people aren't asking for your approval and they most certainly dont obey you, your religion or your fictional god. If you want to claim that your god isn't factional then post proof of your god existing that doesn't rely on religious faith or belief? The bible (whatever version you want to claim is the truth) was written and edited by sinful men. It is not objective proof of any creator deity.

Young people are not confused by a human sexuality that is not absolutely binary. That confusion comes from old conservative people who are set in their ways and refuse to change with the evidence.

It might be confusing to you and other social conservatives, but other people aren't confused by a medical science that is not binary.

Why do you care and try to cancel other people? Other people aren't asking for your approval and they most certainly dont obey you, your religion or your fictional god. If you want to claim that your god isn't factional then post proof of your god existing that doesn't rely on religious faith or belief? The bible (whatever version you want to claim is the truth) was written and edited by sinful men. It is not objective proof of any creator deity.

Young people are not confused by a human sexuality that is not absolutely binary. That confusion comes from old conservative people who are set in their ways and refuse to change with the evidence.
There is no scientific evidence whatsoever that 'gender' exists. The biological sciences, including genetics. recognise sex.

Why drag in religion? Something left over from primitive and ignorant societies which has mostly vanished from advanced countries like mine - except, of course, among Muslim immigrants.

Two, if we're using gender and sex as synonyms.

Zero, if we're using gender to mean...whatever the hell activists say it means now. Gender isn't real. There is just biological sex. How someone feels about it in their soul is a metaphysical, subjective, unfalsifiable religious belief.
Nothing is more cringe than seeing middle-aged people, insecure about their advancing age, adopting immature and trendy beliefs in a doomed effort to fit in with the youths.

1656153895763.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom