• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many countries have you been in?

How many countries have you been to?

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • 2-5

Votes: 5 13.9%
  • 6-10

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • 11-15

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • 16-20

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • 21-30

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • 31-40

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • 41+

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

JoeyJoystick

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I just want to take a previous poll regarding the number of states visited a little further and ask in how many countries you have been.

Residence:

The Netherlands, Canada, Malta, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore.

Temporary for either work or leisure:

Belgium, Luxemburg, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Yugoslavia (now Slovenia), Czechoslovakia (Now The Czech Republic), Poland, Italy, Abu Dhabi, Tunisia, South Africa, Unites States, Laos, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Japan, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, India, Dubai.

Airport stop-over only:

Malaysia, Turkey.

Last edited:
Germany, Italy, and the Us, of course.

Residence:

Kenya, Seychelles, Mauritius, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland, United Kingdom, Nigeria.

Temporary for either work or leisure - minimum of 10 days:

Switzerland, Monaco, Egypt, Turkey, Greece, Spain, Turkey, Germany, France, Denmark, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Malawi, Mali, Netherlands, Poland, Hungary, Tunisia, Cameroon & Tanzania

I'd check the polls rules next time though..

Been all the way through Europe, been to Japan numerous times, the U.S., Canada, Mexico, most of Central America and a couple of places in South America.

Had to estimate. Desert Shield and Desert Storm had me all over the place. I wrenched on helicopters from the desert, so I was always on the move to new countries. Took a rail system tour of Europe for a month and actually got to see some tourist attractions, instead of the usual boring military stuff.

I just want to take a previous poll regarding the number of states visited a little further and ask in how many countries you have been.

Residence:

Belgium, Luxemburg, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Yugoslavia (now Slovenia), Czechoslovakia (Now The Czech Republic), Poland, Italy, Abu Dhabi, Tunisia, South Africa, Unites States, Laos, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Japan, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, India, Dubai.

Airport stop-over only:

Malaysia, Turkey.

Not many, I'm guessing more than 10 but less than 15. I've never been to Africa or South America. So, the list is going to be pretty short.

Let's see.

1. Taiwan
2. Japan
3. Germany
4. Belgium
5. France
6. Italy (Northern only)
7. Denmark
8. Netherlands
9. Luxembourg
10. Iceland (airport only for layover due to mechanical problems)
11. Canada (touched every province/territory except Nunavut)
12. Mexico (All over the north and clear down to Vera Cruz and Acapulco)
13. US (49 states, except Alaska)

Residence:

Kenya, Seychelles, Mauritius, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique, South Africa, Swaziland, United Kingdom, Nigeria.

Temporary for either work or leisure - minimum of 10 days:

Switzerland, Monaco, Egypt, Turkey, Greece, Spain, Turkey, Germany, France, Denmark, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Malawi, Mali, Netherlands, Poland, Hungary, Tunisia, Cameroon & Tanzania

I'd check the polls rules next time though..

What do you do for a living?

Relatively few.

I've only lived in the US but have also spent time in: Canada, Mexico, Switzerland, Italy, Netherlands and Japan.

On the list of places I want to visit are Colombia, Cuba, Costa Rica, Kenya, China, New Zealand, Argentina, Turkey, Germany, France and Spain. As well I would like to revisit Italy and Japan and spend extended periods of time in both.

Residence:

The United States, Ecuador, Chile, Panama

Temporary for leisure:

Belgium, Monaco, Germany, England, Scotland, Wales, France, Italy, Denmark, The Netherlands, Argentina, Peru, Colombia, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Canada, Mexico, Bahamas

On the train through them but never got off:

Austria and Switzerland

Various Autonomous Sovereign Indian Reservations or Domestic Dependent Nations:

Seminole Tribe of Florida, Miccosukee Tribe [Florida] Laguna Pueblo, Navajo Nation, Jicarilla Apache, Pueblo of Isleta [New Mexico] Ute Mountain Ute Tribe [Colorado]

How many countries have you been in?

one so far. i don't like traveling in a pringles can 35k feet in the air. that's going to have to change, though, because there are places that i'd like to see.

In order:

USA
Mexico
Canada
Germany
Switzerland
Netherlands

I had planned to see a lot more, but I have pretty much lost interest, dont expect it to return.

The Netherlands (virtually all of my life), frequent visits to Germany and Belgium (live close to the border), The UK (London), France, Switzerland, Austria and Italy so that would be 8

Residence:

Airport stop-over only:

Malaysia, Turkey.

I went with 6-10 since I have been to ireland, germany, romania, kyrgistan, afghanistan, kuwait, and mexico. All but one were due to military service, being deployed in afghanistan, i got to stop in many countries, the longest stays were in kyghistan kuwait and afghanistan, with germany ireland and romania being measured in hours. I remember the romanian police yelling you stupid americans this is why the world hates you after some officers thought they could bring their guns into the airport despite being told not to.

We were there under permission of the romanian govt, and they demanded they be left on a plane with a guard to keep from scaring it's citizens, some thought rules did not apply to them. I also have been to mexicali mexico and tj mexico when I was younger, but that was when the cartels were just starting to get nasty, then it was fairly safe but now I would not go back.

In order:

USA
Mexico
Canada
Germany
Switzerland
Netherlands

I had planned to see a lot more, but I have pretty much lost interest, dont expect it to return.

Yes, as I've grown older, I really don't care to go anywhere. I can think of one, maybe two countries I'd like to see, not for the countries but for things that they have there, but chances are, my international travel days are over.

Yes, as I've grown older, I really don't care to go anywhere. I can think of one, maybe two countries I'd like to see, not for the countries but for things that they have there, but chances are, my international travel days are over.

If travel was not so God Damn uncivilized I might feel differently. I got to ride the last of the great American trains, ride the super German Trains, got to fly when it was still fun...before deregulation.

I am never going to be rich, if it is cattle class or nothing then I take nothing.

If I cant do it right then **** it.

That's my motto.

:pimpdaddy:

Been to Canada a couple of times.

Definitely over 40 thanks to the nature of my previous career. Hell, I have lived on 5 continents. Oddly enough, while I have been to obscure places like Suriname and Cambodia, in my own country I haven't even been to places like New York, Alaska or Hawaii.

Lived
Mexico (born), USA (current), Thailand(cumulatively approx 6 years, but its usually in 3-9 month spurts), Cambodia, Hong Kong

Visited
Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, Australia, China, Macau, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, India, Nepal, UAE, Jordan, Canada, Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Jamaica

Might be forgetting a few. Am extremely well travelled in the US, SE Asia, and Central America.

Lived in the US, Canada, Philippines and Japan.

Traveled to Korea, Thailand, Singapore, Australia, Malaysia, Greenland, Honduras (short, but interesting stop), Panama, Bermuda, Bahamas, St. Croix, Mexico and Guam.

Looks like 22 in Europe, 5 in Africa, 2 in Oceania, 13 in Asia and 7 in the Americas. So something like 49 in all. But nothing is precise: are, for example, Andorra, Lichtenstein, Puerto Rico and Hong Kong countries? I was in Aden when it was a colony so can I say I've been to Yemen? Does going through the Suez Canal count as having visited Egypt?

Oops - forgot Iceland where I lived for more than 3 years - so that makes a nice round 50.

Last edited:
Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, Jamaica, Netherlands (transit), Switzerland (transit), Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Hungary, Finland, Norway, USSR (Russia, Latvia), Philippines. I think that's it.

Back
Top Bottom