• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many countries has Russia invaded since 2000?

Antiwar

Green Party progressive
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I looked at a Wikipedia list and it seemed incomplete for Russia and the US.

How many countries has the US invaded since 2000?

I'm just looking for well-reasoned facts; try to keep the sniveling to a minimum.

I looked at a Wikipedia list and it seemed incomplete for Russia and the US.

How many countries has the US invaded since 2000?

I'm just looking for well-reasoned facts; try to keep the sniveling to a minimum.

Are all invasions equal?

When the Western Allies invaded Normandy, was that equivalent to Nazi Germany invading Poland?

One is too many. But off the top of my head, Russia has invaded Georgia, and Ukraine twice, first eastern and Crimea, second the whole country.

Invasions, off the top of my head, the US invaded Afghanistan in response to the government providing some protection to Al Queda, and Iraq. You should also ask about things other than invasion, such as US arms sales and support for Saudi's war on Yemen, though if I recall we've ended that. I don't find 'counts' that useful for discussing the issue.

One is too many. But off the top of my head, Russia has invaded Georgia, and Ukraine twice, first eastern and Crimea, second the whole country.

Invasions, off the top of my head, the US invaded Afghanistan in response to the government providing some protection to Al Queda, and Iraq. You should also ask about things other than invasion, such as US arms sales and support for Saudi's war on Yemen, though if I recall we've ended that. I don't find 'counts' that useful for discussing the issue.

"They used to say" that Obama expanded the GWoT from four to eight countries, or something like that.

"They used to say" that Obama expanded the GWoT from four to eight countries, or something like that.

Yet only two of those countries were invaded.

For instance, The Philippines were part of the GWOT and US military forces fought there, but it wasn’t an invasion as we were invited in.

And the confusion grows…..

That falls under the 'things other than invasion' I mentioned.

According to the Wikipedia list Russia has invaded Ukraine and Georgia, and the US has invaded Afghanistan and Iraq. The GWoT wasn't limited to two countries.

According to the Wikipedia list Russia has invaded Ukraine and Georgia, and the US has invaded Afghanistan and Iraq. The GWoT wasn't limited to two countries.

Are all invasions equal?

So drone warfare and other military incursions aren't invasion?

Social and economic. Not to mention the metal invasion.

It’s hard to see, but it’s there.

The TDS example is self explanatory in the facts of its weaponization.

Back
Top Bottom