• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many cops were killed in the past year? Does anyone care?

Integrityrespec

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
So cops dies and we hardly hear about it from the media. Why? Does the media not care about cops being killed? It's it ok that suspects fight cops, resist arrest? I wonder because the left wing media doesn't report it.

So cops dies and we hardly hear about it from the media. Why? Does the media not care about cops being killed? It's it ok that suspects fight cops, resist arrest? I wonder because the left wing media doesn't report it.

Yeah, well, guess what. When I started my apprenticeship as an Ironworker I kept track of all the guys I knew who died on the job. I stopped counting at twelve and I only remember a few names today. Not many of them made the mainstream media either. Loggers, fishermen, nobody sheds any tears when they get killed on the job.
There's lots more dangerous jobs than LEO.

Since 1/1/20

Total Line of Duty Deaths: 193

9/11 related cancer
Aircraft accident
Assault
Automobile crash
COVID19
Drowned
Duty related illness
Gunfire
Gunfire (Inadvertent)
Heart attack
Motorcycle crash
Struck by vehicle
Vehicle pursuit
Vehicular assault

Since 1/1/20

9/11 related cancer
Aircraft accident
Assault
Automobile crash
COVID19

Drowned
Duty related illness
Gunfire
Gunfire (Inadvertent)
Heart attack
Motorcycle crash
Struck by vehicle
Vehicle pursuit
Vehicular assault

Irony, look at the OP's rant then look at the numbers by reason.

Since 1/1/20

9/11 related cancer
Aircraft accident
Assault
Automobile crash
COVID19
Drowned
Duty related illness
Gunfire
Gunfire (Inadvertent)
Heart attack
Motorcycle crash
Struck by vehicle
Vehicle pursuit
Vehicular assault

I'm not doubting them, but do you actually have a citation for this?

Back
Top Bottom