• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many attachs have been thwarted since 9/11.

SutraK

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I live about two miles from Fort Dix in NJ. In 2007 the attempt to bomb the base was big news around here. When I spoke to friends from around the country, only a few even knew about it. I was surprised to find out the national news barely covered the story. In a time when many Americans feel that not enough is being done at home I find it hard to believe that every single possible thwarted attack wouldn't be capitalized upon if for no other reason than to make the country feel safe. I also had lived in Princeton during the anthrax scare and the fear was palpable. It makes sense to keep some of this from us and I'm sure for security reasons there is much kept from us but the incident in 2007 makes me wonder how many small local busts never made my news page.

Back
Top Bottom