• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many Americans become suitable for military service from EACH STATE in the U.S per year?

Dayton3

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I've been unable to find this doing a google search I'm interested in the number of Americans in each of the 50 states that become physically eligible for military service in each year on average.

Don't know why it is hard to find.

I've been unable to find this doing a google search I'm interested in the number of Americans in each of the 50 states that become physically eligible for military service in each year on average.

Not sure exactly what you are asking with the physical eligibility question but here is link to the military demographics, including service members by state Demographics of the U.S. Military | Council on Foreign Relations

Not sure exactly what you are asking with the physical eligibility question but here is link to the military demographics, including service members by state Demographics of the U.S. Military | Council on Foreign Relations

It is a very simple inquiry. How many Americans (males only)...in each state...reach the age...where they become eligible for military service...and how many of these are physically fit enough to serve in any branch of the U.S. military?

It is a very simple inquiry. How many Americans (males only)...in each state...reach the age...where they become eligible for military service...and how many of these are physically fit enough to serve in any branch of the U.S. military?
How would you measure "physically fit enough to serve" based on generally available data? While some people would be automatically excluded due to certain medical conditions, for many people it'd be impossible to determine whether they are (or could become) able to meet the physical (and psychological) standards for military service (which I suspect might vary from service to service and even role to role anyway). Sorry, but the idea that information could be easily found as a simple statistic is ridiculous.

I have no idae what you are asking. This may be why Google can give you no answers. Try again being exact and succinct.

IF they had to have people for the military they would have to set up a draft again and if they did that this time it would have to include women.
It would be discriminatory if it didn't
and I am sure if it didn't this time it would be in court in no time
Remember you can't discriminate because of sex.
Have a nice afternoon

IF they had to have people for the military they would have to set up a draft again and if they did that this time it would have to include women.
It would be discriminatory if it didn't
and I am sure if it didn't this time it would be in court in no time
Remember you can't discriminate because of sex.
Have a nice afternoon

the U.S. Supreme Court has long since held that drafting only men is constitutional.

precedent has been established

does America really need a standing army when it has 100 million people armed to the teeth ... how many of the 100 million have ARs and sniper rifles .... it must run into 10s of millions better to set up a regional/state militia would be much cheaper and no country would ever dream of invading America .... every country knows the American people are armed to the teeth and you have the presumption/habit of shooting anything that moves lol

does America really need a standing army when it has 100 million people armed to the teeth ... how many of the 100 million have ARs and sniper rifles .... it must run into 10s of millions better to set up a regional/state militia would be much cheaper and no country would ever dream of invading America .... every country knows the American people are armed to the teeth and you have the presumption/habit of shooting anything that moves lol

private gunowners would be utterly useless against a trained military force.

especially when how garbage the VA department is-so many veterans are scarred for no apparent reason

private gunowners would be utterly useless against a trained military force.

I disagree, millions of veterans are among that private gun owner group.

So long as a Democrat is breathing, you will never get any of them to give you a straight answer.

The effectiveness of a military fighting force is dependent on a lot more than just how many guns they have.

This is true. However, who would be more familiar with a firearm? A peasant who spent his life working in a rice paddy, was constricted into the military, handled a firearm for the first time, received a few weeks of training then went to war or a kid who started using a firearm before he was 10, went hunting often, operated multiple and different types of firearms, and spent years honing his firearm skills at rifle ranges or shooting targets. As someone who was in the military, I can tell you that the amount of time you spent firing a weapon was a very small part of you training program.

I ask this because this is the you would see between a Chinese Army and most firearm enthusiast in America. The fact is being in the military does not make you a firearms expert or proficient in using one. One of those guys who goes to the rifle range once a month and owns a half dozen guns is far more knowledgeable about the capabilities of his weapon and able to effectively use it than some novice who has been through a few weeks of military training.

This is true. However, who would be more familiar with a firearm? A peasant who spent his life working in a rice paddy, was constricted into the military, handled a firearm for the first time, received a few weeks of training then went to war or a kid who started using a firearm before he was 10, went hunting often, operated multiple and different types of firearms, and spent years honing his firearm skills at rifle ranges or shooting targets. As someone who was in the military, I can tell you that the amount of time you spent firing a weapon was a very small part of you training program.

I ask this because this is the you would see between a Chinese Army and most firearm enthusiast in America. The fact is being in the military does not make you a firearms expert or proficient in using one. One of those guys who goes to the rifle range once a month and owns a half dozen guns is far more knowledgeable about the capabilities of his weapon and able to effectively use it than some novice who has been through a few weeks of military training.

Not buying it.

US Marine vs NVA Soldier: Vietnam 1967–68 (Combat Book 13) Kindle Edition
by David R. Higgins (Author), Johnny Shumate (Illustrator) Format: Kindle Edition
4.5 out of 5 stars

n 1967-68, the United States Marine Corps (USMC) was on the front line of the defense of South Vietnam's Quang Tri province, which was at the very heart of the Vietnam conflict. Facing them were the soldiers of the North Vietnamese Army (NVA), men whose organization and equipment made them a very different opponent from the famous, irregular Viet Cong forces. From the "Hill Battles" in April 1967 to the struggle for the city of Hu? (January-March 1968) this bloody campaign forced the two sides into a grueling trial of strength. The USMC held a general technological and logistical advantage - including close air support and airborne transport, technology, and supplies - but could not always utilize these resources effectively in mountainous, jungle, or urban environments better known by their Vietnamese opponents. In this arresting account of small-unit combat, David R. Higgins steps into the tropical terrain of Vietnam to assess the performance and experience of six USMC and NVA units in three savage battles that stretched both sides to the limit.

Robot Check

You should look at the kill ratio. The US lost 58,000, the NVA and Viet Cong lost over a million and possibly as many as two million. The casualty rates against the Japanese in WW2 were similar to that as well.

The US Military got it's ass kicked by guys wearing sandals?

If you are referring to the Vietnam War that is not true. The irregulars/guerrillas, the Vietcong were all but exterminated during the 1968 Tet Offensive. Thereafter the fighting against the U.S. was almost entirely conducted by North Vietnamese regulars. And when South Vietnam fell in 1975 it wasn't a bunch of guys in sandals storming the main government offices, it was North Vietnamese tankers driving T-55 main battle tanks.

Back
Top Bottom