• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How long will it take for Mexico to secure its southern border against illegal invaders?

How long will it take for Mexico to secure its southern border against illegal invaders

• Less than A month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less than 3-months

• Less than 5-months

• Less than 8-months

• Less than 10-months

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zimmer

Educating the Ignorant
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A couple of hours after the Trump administration announced a new agreement with Mexico that will send asylum seekers back south after they ask the U.S. for protection, migrants and Mexican federal immigration officials in Tijuana were equally surprised by the news.

...worried how Tijuana would handle that many people needing food, housing and work. The migrant shelters have been full already, he said.

"What are we going to do?" one man from Nicaragua said. "If they don't want us in Nicaragua and they don't want us in the United States, what do we do?"

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...220-story.html

Considering the above, and the problems just a few thousand invaders have caused in Tijuana, how long will it take for Mexico to secure their southern border from illegal invaders?

Last edited:
Considering the above, and the problems just a few thousand invaders have caused in Tijuana, how long will it take for Mexico to secure their southern border from illegal invaders?

It's gonna be like, forever. You better start a 'gofundme' campaign.

Just as soon as Mexico gets the funding from Guatemala and Belize, I expect construction to begin as soon as the check clears......:2wave:

Until the political/criminal/economic conditions calm enough for people to be satisfied with staying home in El Salvador and Guatemala. They have beefed up border security but have no interest in building a huge physical concrete wall along the entire length of the border with Guatemala.

How-Long is a China man?

It's gonna be like, forever. You better start a 'gofundme' campaign.

They’re fed up in Tijuana already.

Watch... it’ll be a month or so.

They’re not as dimwitted as Congressional Democrats and their equally obtuse base.

Just as soon as Mexico gets the funding from Guatemala and Belize, I expect construction to begin as soon as the check clears......:2wave:

Who said they would use a wall. They’re less civilized. Medieval methods are acceptable down there.

Until the political/criminal/economic conditions calm enough for people to be satisfied with staying home in El Salvador and Guatemala. They have beefed up border security but have no interest in building a huge physical concrete wall along the entire length of the border with Guatemala.
They don’t have to build a wall. They can use primitive methods to discourage invaders.

Have you seen their laws concerning illegal invasion. Not pretty... and the invaders don’t have the 9th Circus Court or some activist judge to throw sand into the gears.

They don’t have to build a wall. They can use primitive methods to discourage invaders.

Have you seen their laws concerning illegal invasion. Not pretty... and the invaders don’t have the 9th Circus Court or some activist judge to throw sand into the gears.

Yeah, those conservative activist judges are terrible. they have never looked at a law. They just judge on their political red neck philosophy.

Yeah, those conservative activist judges are terrible. they have never looked at a law. They just judge on their political red neck philosophy.

I did not realize being faithful to the original intent of The Constitution was “red neck philosophy”.

Helps further shine light on Leftist “thought”.

Thanks for that.

I did not realize being faithful to the original intent of The Constitution was “red neck philosophy”.

Helps further shine light on Leftist “thought”.

Thanks for that.

You are welcomed. Original intent? Like do away with all these new fangled ideas that arrived after the Kawnstitution was written? Like return to slavery and owning human beings as property? Put women back in their place? Freedom to discriminate against anyone? Gettysburg didn't change anything? New inventions didn't happen? Lets just go back to the way Jefferson wanted it, agrarian gentleman farmers across a pastoral land. What a sweet idyllic picture. No child labor laws. Low taxes, wow conservatives would be in heaven.

The Mexicans don' need no stinkin' wall, man.... they got machetes !!!!!!

How long will it take for Mexico to secure its southern border against illegal invaders

However long Mexico wants to take doing so. Doing so -- how, on what schedule, with what resources, etc. -- is entirely Mexico's business.

You are welcomed. Original intent? Like do away with all these new fangled ideas that arrived after the Kawnstitution was written? Like return to slavery and owning human beings as property? Put women back in their place? Freedom to discriminate against anyone? Gettysburg didn't change anything? New inventions didn't happen? Lets just go back to the way Jefferson wanted it, agrarian gentleman farmers across a pastoral land. What a sweet idyllic picture. No child labor laws. Low taxes, wow conservatives would be in heaven.

Seems you have no idea about the US Constitution... Bill of Rights.

Please show me where slavery is permitted in there.

Or specifics related to women?

And the rest of your drivel?

Seems you have no idea about the US Constitution... Bill of Rights.

Please show me where slavery is permitted in there.

Or specifics related to women?

And the rest of your drivel?

You get my drift. Times change, happenings in the world change them. What you call activist and revisionist I call a judge simply looking at a law that Congress passed and Telling Trump he cannot do an end run around Congress. I don't know what you think is activist or revisionist about that or what part of the Constitution you think has been abridged. Of course I have no idea what you have in mind in the way of specifics when you gripe about activist judges.
There are rarely if ever 9-0 votes on the SCOTUS. The last major vote was 5-4 Justice Roberts sided with the 4 Liberal Justices in up holding the California judges stay of Trumps asylum ban proclamation. They issued no opinions of why they voted the way they did. Most if not all of the people on this forum are just people interested in politics who stay somewhat informed. I don't claim to be an expert in any thing. I might be silly at times but I'm not going to be arrogant or disrespectful towards anyone.

While you might be right, the "conservative activist judges" have a very, very long way to go to even get close to the number of liberal activist judges. Funny how both sides think it is only the other side who has activist judges.

You get my drift. Times change, happenings in the world change them. What you call activist and revisionist I call a judge simply looking at a law that Congress passed and Telling Trump he cannot do an end run around Congress. I don't know what you think is activist or revisionist about that or what part of the Constitution you think has been abridged. Of course I have no idea what you have in mind in the way of specifics when you gripe about activist judges.
There are rarely if ever 9-0 votes on the SCOTUS. The last major vote was 5-4 Justice Roberts sided with the 4 Liberal Justices in up holding the California judges stay of Trumps asylum ban proclamation. They issued no opinions of why they voted the way they did. Most if not all of the people on this forum are just people interested in politics who stay somewhat informed. I don't claim to be an expert in any thing. I might be silly at times but I'm not going to be arrogant or disrespectful towards anyone.

LOL. In case you haven't noticed, liberal countries are now changing into being less liberal and many of them are now trying to get rid of immigrants (both legal and illegal) as well as refugees. Nice to see you are on the side of change.

LOL. In case you haven't noticed, liberal countries are now changing into being less liberal and many of them are now trying to get rid of immigrants (both legal and illegal) as well as refugees. Nice to see you are on the side of change.

I am only concerned with what is happening in the US. Change here will come in 2020 or sooner. I don't expect Kentucky to ever become anything other than a Conservative dominated State. If you can get elected in Kentucky you have a job for life because Kentucky is so slow to change anything. Views about immigrants split along partisan lines. You know what they are. My State went for Obama in 2008 and narrowly for Romney in 2012. I think all countries need to manage the influx of immigrants but in a humane way and respond to humanitarian crises equitably with other countries. Immigration from one flashpoint ends and another pops up somewhere in the world.

You made charges which are nowhere in the Constitution or Bill of Rights.

In fact, just the opposite.

The Constitution is the bedrock of our Republic. Destroy it, and you destroy the nation. The law is the only thing binding us... and it’s not surprising Leftists don;t like the Constitution, as it limits their power.

Just look at your post below. It seems you have little reverence for the Constitution... or understanding of it, or the Bill of Rights.

Number 11 It's a stupid idea that will probably never happen.
Number 12 What a stupid waste of money when 13% of our population are going hungry.
Number 13 Yup, Trump is an uber moron.

Number 11 It's a stupid idea that will probably never happen.
Number 12 What a stupid waste of money when 13% of our population are going hungry.
Number 13 Yup, Trump is an uber moron.

Let’s take your #13 and think this through.

30 million illegal invaders and more pouring over the border daily.

Yet, Democrats want more people of this kind entering the country and sucking up hundreds of billions in resources. 30 million illegals being about 10% of the population.

Instead of emotion, Democrats should try clear, accurate thinking.

If you did that, you wouldn’t be Leftists.

PS. Walls work... even in Communist countries.

Let’s take your #13 and think this through.

30 million illegal invaders and more pouring over the border daily.

Yet, Democrats want more people of this kind entering the country and sucking up hundreds of billions in resources. 30 million illegals being about 10% of the population.

Instead of emotion, Democrats should try clear, accurate thinking.

If you did that, you wouldn’t be Leftists.

PS. Walls work... even in Communist countries.

How is that wall working in Germany?

How is that wall working in Germany?

It was tremendously effective for almost 50-years.

The Wall came down because Communism creates such misery, the USSR could ill afford to prop up that failed state, East Germany couldn’t stand on its own, and when Gorby abandoned the DDR, its people rose up to drive a stake through the ****hole state.

But the wall was incredibly effective.

And our wall will be incredibly effective too, and will stand strong because the country is prosperous and it is keeping people out, not enslaving people.

PS. You Leftists really are not strong in the critical thinking department... or understanding of history ... are you?

I am only concerned with what is happening in the US. Change here will come in 2020 or sooner. I don't expect Kentucky to ever become anything other than a Conservative dominated State. If you can get elected in Kentucky you have a job for life because Kentucky is so slow to change anything. Views about immigrants split along partisan lines. You know what they are. My State went for Obama in 2008 and narrowly for Romney in 2012. I think all countries need to manage the influx of immigrants but in a humane way and respond to humanitarian crises equitably with other countries. Immigration from one flashpoint ends and another pops up somewhere in the world.

Democrats want open borders, going so far as to create sanctuary cities and even a sanctuary state. Countries around the world are clamping down on all kinds of immigration. That's the way things are changing. The actual solution to the world's immigration problem is military expansionism where the better off countries such as the US and Europe need to start taking over these sh!thole countries and planting our flags on their soil. Instead of them coming to the US we can bring the US to them. We just sit back and let the sh!thole countries expand and expand their influence, driving their citizens out to emigrate to Europe and the US, leaving more and more territory in the world for us to have to fight with, such as ISIS. Don't you think the Hondurans and the Guatemalans would rather stay where they are and have us bring the US to them instead of them having to come here? Isn't that what THEY would prefer?

Democrats want open borders, going so far as to create sanctuary cities and even a sanctuary state. Countries around the world are clamping down on all kinds of immigration. That's the way things are changing. The actual solution to the world's immigration problem is military expansionism where the better off countries such as the US and Europe need to start taking over these sh!thole countries and planting our flags on their soil. Instead of them coming to the US we can bring the US to them. We just sit back and let the sh!thole countries expand and expand their influence, driving their citizens out to emigrate to Europe and the US, leaving more and more territory in the world for us to have to fight with, such as ISIS. Don't you think the Hondurans and the Guatemalans would rather stay where they are and have us bring the US to them instead of them having to come here? Isn't that what THEY would prefer?

Democrats don't want open borders. That is just a politicians talking point. We do want more humane treatment of immigrants. Good luck tilting at windmills. The days of US expansionism are over.

Back
Top Bottom