• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Long Until the Trumps Are Jailed?

Though I wish he could be jailed, I don't think it will happen, he will tie up the courts for years, and given his age, he will cease long before he gets jail time. I have said this to others: it is time to STOP giving Trump air, simply ignore him, let the prosecutors for other jurisdictions charge him for financial crimes, but the federal government needs to govern, not pursue vengeance.
YES, Trump is guilty, but one has to consider the time and energy that will be devoted to prosecuting him that could be better spent in undoing the damage he has done: I am even against impeachment since it ties up valuable time in the Senate and will alienate half the public.
Trump belongs in jail if the U.S. is indeed a nation of laws, but he should be jailed mainly as a deterrent and precedent for any such behavior in the future.

Trump belongs in jail if the U.S. is indeed a nation of laws, but he should be jailed mainly as a deterrent and precedent for any such behavior in the future.
Like I said, I agree, the process of getting him into jail will be time consuming, and will have the nation fixated on Trump, when we should be moving past him.
Just my opinion.

The actions on that day do not check all the boxes for "levying war against the United States".
If those actions don't then nothing will. A violent, insurrectionist attempt was made to stop the government from doing its sworn duty in a joint session of congress to confirm the results of the election, one of the most important things they do as representatives of the democratic republic. People died, and weapons and means of restraint were found. The intent is perfectly clear, even to those in sympathy with the traitors who are now lying. The attempt was unsuccessful, and you can't now say well it was just a peaceful protest (built on lies).

Like I said, I agree, the process of getting him into jail will be time consuming, and will have the nation fixated on Trump, when we should be moving past him.
Just my opinion.
You can't not do your job, and the right thing under law by the way, just because it will take time. Many investigations of illegal activities take months and years. Trump isn't going anywhere anyway, he's laying low now forming his strategy for a return to the limelight, which he craves, so fixating on him will not stop even if they don't pursue justice.

Serious question.

Why do the Trumpists refuse to acknowledge that yelling fire in a crowed theater is not protected speech?

Can you link to the actual real world report of any of the Trumps "yelling fire in a crowed theater"?

If those actions don't then nothing will. A violent, insurrectionist attempt was made to stop the government from doing its sworn duty in a joint session of congress to confirm the results of the election, one of the most important things they do as representatives of the democratic republic. People died, and weapons and means of restraint were found. The intent is perfectly clear, even to those in sympathy with the traitors who are now lying. The attempt was unsuccessful, and you can't now say well it was just a peaceful protest (built on lies).

wonderful....i agree with that entire statement

now PROVE that Trump led the revolt....or did anything other than give a speech similar to many other ones he had previously given

Show where he TOLD HIS FOLLOWERS to go down and attack the capitol.....

We will wait.....

Those that attacked the capitol committed crimes and need to pay for those crimes

I wish all of you would think the same way about those rioters/looters from last years in so many cities

They need to face the music and the law also

Clearly Inciting the Insurrection and Open Rebellion that followed:

Especially Don Jr. They want to take the country "back", when actually it's just take the country. Take it back? From what, democracy? What a traitorous bunch that should, if the U.S.A. is a nation of laws that no man is above, be arrested, charged, and tried according to the law, and the Constitution, which calls for death in the case of convicted traitors.
Yeah, just let the corrupt grifters use you to take control of the country for themselves, what a great idea, except for the part about getting arrested, charged and facing serious prison time. Drain the swamp indeed, and replace it with an even worse swamp. Don't fall for the BS from this grasping slime.

jail time for what? LOL

wonderful....i agree with that entire statement

now PROVE that Trump led the revolt....or did anything other than give a speech similar to many other ones he had previously given

Show where he TOLD HIS FOLLOWERS to go down and attack the capitol.....

We will wait.....

Those that attacked the capitol committed crimes and need to pay for those crimes

I wish all of you would think the same way about those rioters/looters from last years in so many cities

They need to face the music and the law also
Have you seen the video from the crowd while Trump was speaking where they are taking his words to mean go to the Capitol and violently break in and stop the sworn duty of the Congress? If it wasn't for Trump inviting them and riling them up with provable lies that the election was stolen they wouldn't have even been in D.C. that day:
https://news.yahoo.com/video-shows-crowd-reaction-trump-172206556.html

Now I await your denial of the obvious.

Have you seen the video from the crowd while Trump was speaking where they are taking his words to mean go to the Capitol and violently break in and stop the sworn duty of the Congress? If it wasn't for Trump inviting them and riling them up with provable lies that the election was stolen they wouldn't have even been in D.C. that day:

So holding a rally now is an impeachable act?

Who knew....

And lying is an impeachable act....again who knew....

You all keep trying to pin this on him in so many ways....

1. he held the rally
2. he spoke about fighting for their rights
3. he lied yet again about their votes not counted

None of those are impeachable acts.....none of that is treason or incitement to insurrection

I will say this one last time...

When and IF the senate trail starts, the senate will not find him guilty....and all of you are again going to be oh so disappointed (but you shouldnt be)

So the house impeached him 2x, and the senate will acquit him 2x....oh yea, this will forever be etched in the history books

Though I wish he could be jailed, I don't think it will happen, he will tie up the courts for years, and given his age, he will cease long before he gets jail time. I have said this to others: it is time to STOP giving Trump air, simply ignore him, let the prosecutors for other jurisdictions charge him for financial crimes, but the federal government needs to govern, not pursue vengeance.
YES, Trump is guilty, but one has to consider the time and energy that will be devoted to prosecuting him that could be better spent in undoing the damage he has done: I am even against impeachment since it ties up valuable time in the Senate and will alienate half the public.
They'll never stop, he gets good ratings for the media corporations to incessantly air his insanity and bullshit.

So holding a rally now is an impeachable act?

Who knew....

And lying is an impeachable act....again who knew....

You all keep trying to pin this on him in so many ways....

1. he held the rally
2. he spoke about fighting for their rights
3. he lied yet again about their votes not counted

None of those are impeachable acts.....none of that is treason or incitement to insurrection

I will say this one last time...

When and IF the senate trail starts, the senate will not find him guilty....and all of you are again going to be oh so disappointed (but you shouldnt be)

So the house impeached him 2x, and the senate will acquit him 2x....oh yea, this will forever be etched in the history books
Holding a rally that incited the crowd that was immediately followed by an Insurrection Against the United States with video evidence is! LOL Still looking for a way out of your self erected labyrinth of lies and disinformation?
I do agree that the Senate is still filled with too many gutless traitors to get a conviction. The people will need to seek justice.

Holding a rally that incited the crowd that was immediately followed by an Insurrection Against the United States with video evidence is! LOL Still looking for a way out of your self erected labyrinth of lies and disinformation?
I do agree that the Senate is still filled with too many gutless traitors to get a conviction. The people will need to seek justice.

So every politician that spoke at any BLM rally, or Antifa rally last year, and a riot started after can be held LIABLE for the actions of others?

Is that really where you want to go with this?

You arent holding the ADULTS responsible for their own actions, you want to place the blame on the person holding the rally before things got out of hand?

That really is your train of thought? Holy kerist.....we really have gone over the edge

So every politician that spoke at any BLM rally, or Antifa rally last year, and a riot started after can be held LIABLE for the actions of others?

Is that really where you want to go with this?

You arent holding the ADULTS responsible for their own actions, you want to place the blame on the person holding the rally before things got out of hand?

That really is your train of thought? Holy kerist.....we really have gone over the edge
Nope. They want to ruin Trump is all. The hate runs deep.

Nope. They want to ruin Trump is all. The hate runs deep.
tenor.gif

What is the thing Trump told them they needed courage to fight for on Jan 6, two months after the election?

To act in accord with their oaths of office to defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic.

To act in accord with their oaths of office to defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign and domestic.
If that is the goal, the crowd should have attacked itself.

The people gathered that he told to fight 2 months after the election needed courage to perform their oath of office? You sure about that? Those folks bearing the cop were sworn in somehow? Who swore them in and under what authority?

Yes...i have watched the video

And i have heard, and read the speech

Normally i wouldnt have...but i did because i wanted to see if what he said was a crime...was incitement to to insurrection or violence

What you are telling me, is that politicians or any speaker for that matter, are RESPONSIBLE for the ACTIONS of the people in their rally....

I asked this question before...and no one on the progressive/liberal/democratic side wanted to touch it

"is a politician or speaker now responsible or liable for anything that their constituents do?"

because that seems to be the standard you want to hold Trump to right now.....yet i can bring up a number of speeches by prominent politicians right before major rioting/looting of our cities in the last five years

I dont seem to recall them being held to the same standard....why not?

And dont say it was because it is the capitol...and that makes it different....bullcrap

rioting is rioting....wherever and whenever it happens

Back
Top Bottom