• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How long until NICS is shut down?

Arbo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Due to the government 'shutdown' of course. Kinda surprised with the anti-gun agenda of this administration they didn't pick on that one to shut down first.

Due to the government 'shutdown' of course. Kinda surprised with the anti-gun agenda of this administration they didn't pick on that one to shut down first.

well if a negative answer does not come back in three days the dealer can make the sale

works for me even though there should be no wait whatsoever

Good. But I'm pretty sure if they can push a 10 minute check out to 3 days, they'd gladly do it.
I don't think even they are that stupid, it would show the ineffectiveness of that law and open up debate to take every single gain away from them, all the way back to the NFA from the Roosevelt years.

I don't think even they are that stupid, it would show the ineffectiveness of that law and open up debate to take every single gain away from them, all the way back to the NFA from the Roosevelt years.

yeah, the public is turning against the Crying wolf idiocy of the democrats on gun issues

yeah, the public is turning against the Crying wolf idiocy of the democrats on gun issues
Pretty much on everything, the only folks panicking about the shutdown have "something" invested in either side getting their way. Pretty much the entire two party system are showing themselves to be inept, petty, and their programs useless. Any Democrat strategist who honestly looked at the current results and said "let's use this for gun control" would be laughed out of their own party, the leaders of the progressive movement know they can't afford one slip up more.

In which case I hope they are that stupid.

In which case I hope they are that stupid.
Myself, I just don't think they are. I would love to see them go for it all and wake some people up, but I don't think they are that foolish, even by their standards.

I'd like to see the Moody's assessment of the debt ceiling get more traction. The Dems are implying that no signed budget means no money is coming into the Treasury. Since money is always coming in there is money to pay for things.....like interest on the debt.

Md. is already showing the ineffectiveness. They are so overwhelmed by the rush ahead of the new gun laws that they were or considered, allowing purchasers to take new guns home before check was completed - if they failed for what ever reason, the buyer was supposed to return gun to store. That's INSANE given the "reason" (Sandy Hook) these new laws were pushed through.

Md. is already showing the ineffectiveness. They are so overwhelmed by the rush ahead of the new gun laws that they were or considered, allowing purchasers to take new guns home before check was completed - if they failed for what ever reason, the buyer was supposed to return gun to store. That's INSANE given the "reason" (Sandy Hook) these new laws were pushed through.
Yeah, the thing is though that it's not a big enough story to really show nationwide how badly these laws can fail. There is still a plausible deniability going on, if the nationwide system were to be shuttered with no real changes(which would likely be the case) it would expose the entire gun control movement as ineffective. Md. is definitely a case study though.

Yeah, the thing is though that it's not a big enough story to really show nationwide how badly these laws can fail. There is still a plausible deniability going on, if the nationwide system were to be shuttered with no real changes(which would likely be the case) it would expose the entire gun control movement as ineffective. Md. is definitely a case study though.

I'd like to see that but as we witness daily here, "facts be damned" by the anti-gun crowd.

I'd like to see that but as we witness daily here, "facts be damned" by the anti-gun crowd.
Well, I'm of the mind that you'll never win over people on the anti-gun side, at least not people who are deep in the beliefs. It's people who are on the fence or open minded that have to be reached out to, there are more of them than hard core gun control advocates.

Back
Top Bottom