• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How long till there is an american woman as president?

Yeah, why are we worried about gender? It's just a coincidence that every single president has been a man. Nothing to see here. lol

You need to open your eyes.

“Women can’t be men, and men can’t be women.” - IQ57

Yeah, why are we worried about gender? It's just a coincidence that every single president has been a man. Nothing to see here. lol
Nothing prior to 1920 counts because, prior to 1920 it was generally acknowledged that women weren't eligible for the office of President of the United States of America because they weren't eligible to vote for the office of President of the United States of America.

Now, name me the women, AFTER 1920 who [1] spent their whole adult life seeking and gaining political office and/or [2] earning the equivalent of an eight figure annual income.

Can't do it, can you?

Well, it is a de facto requirement for holding the office of President of the United States of America that the candidate for that office MUST fall into at least one of the two above categories (and, of preference, both).

You need to open your eyes.

“Women can’t be men, and men can’t be women.” - IQ57
"Whatever women do, they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
-- Charlotte Whitton --​

"Whatever women do, they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult."
-- Charlotte Whitton --​

“Whatever men do, they must do twice as well as women to be though half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult” - IQ57

Do you see how this works?

Last edited:
Does it matter? The UK has has two women Prime Ministers, one superb and one dreadful.
If I was an American my choice would be Nikki Haley, btw. Not 'because she's a woman' but because II think she would be a very good president.

Could the abortion issues be the hammer that breaks that glass ceiling?
Women can do as men choose and grab a gun or they can become political and start dominating the government seats.

No, the abortion issue will not bring a woman .

No one cares any longer if its a man or woman running for office. They want someone that agrees with them

The sex issues are over. But do try to keep them alive.

“Whatever men do, they must do twice as well as women to be though half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult” - IQ57

So, you are saying is that what was true in 1935 may be the opposite today.

I would agree.

Corporate America has been hammered to hire women for so long that a man must be head and shoulder better than a women to get a job today.

I thought sex was “all in the mind”?

So, you are saying is that what was true 8n 1935 may be the opposite today.

I would agree.

Corporate America has been hammered to hire women for so long that a man must be head and shoulder better than a women to get a job .

The women’s rights movement turned into women doing to men what they didn’t want done to them and crucifying all men.

My statement stands.

I thought sex was “all in the mind”?

Sort of. Gender, not sex, is in the brain, not mind.
This are important differences. People not making the right distinctions adds greatly to the confusion.

Sort of. Gender, not sex, is in the brain, not mind.
This are important differences. People not making the right distinctions adds greatly to the confusion.

You just confused me.

I think my mind is messing with my mind, or brain.

I almost feel, “liberated”.

The women’s rights movement turned into women doing to men what they didn’t want done to them and crucifying all men.

My statement stands.

The thing is, men never did any if that to women. It was simply a natural evolution of the culture and family dynamics.

The thing is, men never did any if that to women. It was simply a natural evolution of the culture and family dynamics.

So men should be men, and women should be women.

That’s a great idea. Now why didn’t I think of that.

Stop the projection and hate?

Sounds great!

You just confused me.

I think my mind is messing with my mind.

I almost feel, “liberated”.

Gender and sex are not the same

Brain and mind are not the same.

You must learn these distinctions to communicate adequately.

Many... maybe most people, think these terms are interchangeable. They are not.

So men should be men, and women should be women.

That’s a great idea. Now why didn’t I think of that.

Stop the projection and hate?

Sounds great!

Yep. Men and women are equal, not the same.

Gender and sex are not the same

Brain and mind are not the same.

You must learn these distinctions to communicate adequately.

Many... maybe most people, think these terms are interchangeable. They are not.

Thanks for the clarification. It will come in handy.

I get confused so easily these days.

Yep. Men and women are equal, not the same.

Someone should tell the world this. I bet there would be a lot less confusion.

Wait…..

Isn’t this instinctual knowledge?

It's up to the women of this country. I'm disappointed by how little enthusiasm they've shown regarding the lack of representation by women in the Oval Office. There are more women than men so...

It's complex though. Women overall did vote for Hillary Clinton, but white women did not.

All men: Clinton 41, Trump 52, other 7
All women: Clinton 54, Trump 41, other 5

White women: Clinton 43, Trump 52, other 5
Black women: Clinton 94, Trump 4, other 2
Latina women: Clinton 68, Trump 26, other 6

My interpretation is that white women thought of Clinton as privileged, whereas black and latino women didn't mind that because it's what they expect from any white woman. There's also the popular theory that Clinton was "fake" with an indeterminate accent and turns of phrase which were at best 'quaint' but this aligns with the same theory: black women and latinas didn't mind because they see most white women that way already.

Now, name me the women, AFTER 1920 who [1] spent their whole adult life seeking and gaining political office and/or [2] earning the equivalent of an eight figure annual income.

Can't do it, can you?
I can. Mrs. Fields, Margaret Rudkin and Ivanka Trump fill the [2] requirement. I'm sure there are others.

Yep, matches your "net nick".

I can. Mrs. Fields, Margaret Rudkin and Ivanka Trump fill the [2] requirement. I'm sure there are others.
[1] The company is named after someone who has no connection with it - strike one.

[2] Ms Rudkin was not making the equivalent of an eight figure income - strike two.

[3] Ms. Trump is a product of nepotism and nothing else - strike three.

Does it matter? The UK has has two women Prime Ministers, one superb and one dreadful.
It does matter but not for the reasons you just stated.
These americans boast they are the freest of free. If your white and a male then you have a better chance of that fantasy being easier to believe in.
But if your a woman then one only needs to point to that big glaring glass ceiling to know that no woman in america can say they are free.

60% of women are pro abortion, 57% of women voted democrat in 2020. I don't see much of a gap
That only tells me just how ****ed up american politics are if 60% of women thought they were voting for pro abortion.

Back
Top Bottom