• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How long have you been with Current Partner?

:rofl

Well that night we had 3 each before her friends wanted to go to another bar. We exchanged numbers and had a date a week later. After that we got together every day sooooo I'd say at least a million and three.

A wonderful love story. Now you are in AA together correct? :lol:

10 years.

We met in a bar, she asked if she could buy me a shot I accepted and we got married 5 months later.

Ya know what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas:2razz:

A wonderful love story. Now you are in AA together correct? :lol:

:rofl

Well not exactly, she doesn't drink anymore and I get a few beers as a treat now and then for being a good boy.

Ya know what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas:2razz:

:lol:

We got married at 'The Chapel Of Love' in the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN. So yeah, kind of a Vegas wedding. No Elvis impersonator though. I wanted to just go to the J.O.P. but her mom wouldn't have it.

:lol:

We got married at 'The Chapel Of Love' in the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN. So yeah, kind of a Vegas wedding. No Elvis impersonator though. I wanted to just go to the J.O.P. but her mom wouldn't have it.

But beautiful none that less.

Sometimes it feels like 300. :2razz:

11 years

Josh handles anything to do with running our household, I deal with disciplining the kids (our dogs), and we both sit down together and write out the bills once a month. Our investments are handled solely by me and he decides everything else. I don't even bat an eye when I come home and everything's been rearranged or I'm told guests are going to be over in an hour. He lays out my clothes for me, he adjusts the cash in my wallet for me, and he actually does most of my clothes shopping for me. In exchange for all that, I don't really complain about much else he does because he's like having a personal valet, assistant, driver, and housekeeper. And he's perfectly happy doing it and his happiness is what's important. All he wants is something shiny every couple weeks and for me to do my best to be nice to his mother.:mrgreen:

Your earlier post sounded just like me and Gary but this post doesn't sound like us at all.

hmmmmmm.

I will be married 30 years come July 1st!!

Been married 6 years as of Jan 26th.

i have been with my partner for 8 years now. we have an adopted son. we adopted him outside of the US as it was to difficult to get a same sex adoption within the borders. we no longer reside in the US. the country treats lesbians and gays as second class citizens. our relationship is wonderful and we hope to stay together for a long long time.

i have been with my partner for 8 years now. we have an adopted son. we adopted him outside of the US as it was to difficult to get a same sex adoption within the borders. we no longer reside in the US. the country treats lesbians and gays as second class citizens.

Ain't no sunshine and roses trying to adopt kids for straight couples, either. That's why the international agencies see so much business.

Ain't no sunshine and roses trying to adopt kids for straight couples, either. That's why the international agencies see so much business.

it is difficult to adopt for straight people. it is illegal in most states for same sexers.

I just wonder how many people here are in some sort of relationship.
Are you married?
Do you live with someone?

How long have you been with your current partner?
Why do you stay together?

I am lesbian I have been with my wife for 37 years.
We stay together because we love each other. We have respect for each other and we share the same set of values. It doesn't hurt that we have great sex besides. But that is not the whole relationship. We have so much more than that.

The questions are these: How long have you been with your current partner?
Why do you stay together?

I miss you Inferno!

I've been married 15 years and it just gets better and better. I stay with my wife because I love her and, even in hard times, choose to love her. She's amazing. She grounds me and makes me a better man. Plus, it doesn't hurt that she's sexy as hell ;).

I do hope Alice had a chance to see this thread. :cry:

LOL after reading this thread ive just realized how lonely i am :lol:

You guys are well lucky!

I have never been with anyone. Does anyone care to explain how it to get one?

Back
Top Bottom