• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How long have you been with Current Partner?

It was 8 years Monday. We stay together because our home has been filled with laughter since the day we met. It seems some days that's all we do is laugh...at each other, at ourselves, at the dogs, and the world.

Grats Joey!

We've been together 19 years (I think?) and will hit our 10 year wedding anniversary next month. Instead of the hassle of a wedding we (including her son and our son) hopped on a train and got married at Niagara Falls. What a memory!

Like Jallman said, our house is filled with laughter and a whole lot of craziness. I once heard my 7 year old tell his friend, "That's my dad. He's a whacko." I can't think of a better compliment. :mrgreen: Our kids' friends are at our house so much our neighbors just call us when they're looking for their kids. Sometimes they're in their own living room but, mostly under our feet. :lol:

Life is good, very good. :2wave:

Look, you're a religious person. The soul leaves the body upon death. At that point 300lbs or a bullet in my ass...I had to make a choice. As a result I was able to carry on, which I'm sure she would have wanted. And I'm sure she would have wanted a proper burial too, but as this incident has shown me, life isn't a picnic sometimes...especially when picnics end in gunfire.

Oooookay...:doh

Don't worry, the elephants never leave their dead behind. You've heard of the "Elephant Graveyard." Elephants never forget.

We've been together for almost 26 years, married for 24 of them! My husband is a good man and a wonderful father. We finish each other's sentences and get each other's jokes.

And..... I love him! :2wave:

Thank you very much!!! Congrats to you guys on 37 years. That's amazing. We're all excited because we will be hitting 10...in a couple of years. We'll really have done something once we catch up with you.

You will find that each year becomes better and fuller. It has been a joy. We had our tough times when she wanted to kill me and when I wanted to push her from the balcony but conflict comes with deep affection. It is the times of conflict that bring us so much closer. Over the years i don't think we have had ten really huge fights. There is just nothing more important in my life than her. She is the beginning and end of my everyday. I hope that your experience of loving is every bit as good and even better if possible.

You will find that each year becomes better and fuller. It has been a joy. We had our tough times when she wanted to kill me and when I wanted to push her from the balcony but conflict comes with deep affection. It is the times of conflict that bring us so much closer. Over the years i don't think we have had ten really huge fights. There is just nothing more important in my life than her. She is the beginning and end of my everyday. I hope that your experience of loving is every bit as good and even better if possible.

That's a good sign...that you don't have many fights. Everyone keeps telling Josh and me that we are doomed because we don't fight enough. We have had 2 in eight years. We spat once in a while, like when I put his betas in the same bowl while he was off in New York for his internship. But we pretty much have a working system: he gets his way all the time except for the very few times I put my foot down and say "no way". Since he pretty much gets full run in almost every situation, he doesn't argue with the once or twice a year that I put up a fuss. :mrgreen:

That's a good sign...that you don't have many fights. Everyone keeps telling Josh and me that we are doomed because we don't fight enough. We have had 2 in eight years. We spat once in a while, like when I put his betas in the same bowl while he was off in New York for his internship. But we pretty much have a working system: he gets his way all the time except for the very few times I put my foot down and say "no way". Since he pretty much gets full run in almost every situation, he doesn't argue with the once or twice a year that I put up a fuss. :mrgreen:

Sounds great. My Alice and i find that we have so much in common. We have grown together instead of apart like so many say. Last year was a hard year for us in the sense that my health really took a beating and she was there. Then her dad passed away and her mother moved in with us. We never missed a beat. It was just us working together that made the struggles so simple and beautiful.

I know our life can't be perfect but it sure looks like it from where I sit. I would change nothing that we have ever done in our lives. If It work a painting I would not change a brush stroke and the hies would all remain the same.

I am so happy for you and your Josh. It sounds like it is wonderful. I am truely happy for you.

I seriously want to get old with my wife. I want to be that old couple that sits there and lovingly insults each other in front of the children and grandchildren. Basically I want to be the old couple from Everybody Loves Raymond.

Awww.. This thread is bringing tears to my eyes.

I hope those of you that are in such loving realationships really grasp just how very lucky and special that it is to have such a bond with another human being..

I am happy for you all and a tad jealous.

Look, you're a religious person. The soul leaves the body upon death. At that point 300lbs or a bullet in my ass...I had to make a choice. As a result I was able to carry on, which I'm sure she would have wanted. And I'm sure she would have wanted a proper burial too, but as this incident has shown me, life isn't a picnic sometimes...especially when picnics end in gunfire.

Are you serious? I mean WTF:doh

Awww.. This thread is bringing tears to my eyes.

I hope those of you that are in such loving realationships really grasp just how very lucky and special that it is to have such a bond with another human being..

I am happy for you all and a tad jealous.

I don't take my Alice for granted for a moment. She is my special sweety and means everything to me.

:rofl

OMG, Jallman. That's me and Gary to a T. He usually always indulges me and my ideas...except the few times he doesn't. It works for us.

Of course, I have very good ideas :mrgreen:

OMG, Jallman. That's me and Gary to a T. He usually always indulges me and my ideas...except the few times he doesn't. It works for us.

Of course, I have very good ideas :mrgreen:

Josh handles anything to do with running our household, I deal with disciplining the kids (our dogs), and we both sit down together and write out the bills once a month. Our investments are handled solely by me and he decides everything else. I don't even bat an eye when I come home and everything's been rearranged or I'm told guests are going to be over in an hour. He lays out my clothes for me, he adjusts the cash in my wallet for me, and he actually does most of my clothes shopping for me. In exchange for all that, I don't really complain about much else he does because he's like having a personal valet, assistant, driver, and housekeeper. And he's perfectly happy doing it and his happiness is what's important. All he wants is something shiny every couple weeks and for me to do my best to be nice to his mother.:mrgreen:

Franki and I will have been married for 4 years this year. Some days I want to kill her. Some days I want to do her at the market with everybody watching. It's a very Yin Yang relationship.

Franki and I will have been married for 4 years this year. Some days I want to kill her. Some days I want to do her at the market with everybody watching. It's a very Yin Yang relationship.

Seems interesting though.

Alice and I just celebrated our 37th anniversary. I am thrilled about that.

2 years dating
4 years living together
9 years married
----------------
15 years

We nearly broke up dating because it was a long distance relationship and that sucked. We had many fights the first few years together but never considered ending the relationship.. Now we don't really fight....can't remember the last one it's been so long, but we do argue about politics and current events.

2 years dating
4 years living together
9 years married
----------------
15 years

We nearly broke up dating because it was a long distance relationship and that sucked. We had many fights the first few years together but never considered ending the relationship.. Now we don't really fight....can't remember the last one it's been so long, but we do argue about politics and current events.

15 years is wonderful. You are to be congratulated on that. There were a couple of years long ago when Alice and I were in college and we were apart. That was tough on us. Some years we were were working in different cities a lot. She would be a week there and I would be a week there. It did drain us. But love overcomes that if it is really from the heart and real.

There is no place that is so far that our love can't reach.

10 years.

We met in a bar, she asked if she could buy me a shot I accepted and we got married 5 months later.

how many shots later?

Well that night we had 3 each before her friends wanted to go to another bar. We exchanged numbers and had a date a week later. After that we got together every day sooooo I'd say at least a million and three.

Back
Top Bottom