• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How long have you been with Current Partner?

I just wonder how many people here are in some sort of relationship.
Are you married?
Do you live with someone?

How long have you been with your current partner?
Why do you stay together?

I am lesbian I have been with my wife for 37 years.
We stay together because we love each other. We have respect for each other and we share the same set of values. It doesn't hurt that we have great sex besides. But that is not the whole relationship. We have so much more than that.

The questions are these: How long have you been with your current partner?

16 years, married for the last 9, seporated for the last 2.

I married my highschool sweetheart, we were each other's firsts ;)

Are you married?

We stay together because we love each other. We have respect for each other and we share the same set of values. It doesn't hurt that we have great sex besides. But that is not the whole relationship. We have so much more than that.

47 years....I forgot why.

Hugs back atcha!

:2grouphug

I agree that these threads are nice. So often on a political debate site you end up dealing with people in very heated arguments and never get a chance to see the "softer" side of folks.

There are so many people who are genuinely good people 'round here, from all walks of life, and all political perspectives, that it's good to have threads like these where you can get a different perspective than the one get from seeing them debate a political topic.

Overall, great thread.

I find it so important to get a feel for the person. You may have a huge disagreement with them but if you have a sense of who they are as a person you can get in touch sometimes. It makes the debate more meaningful. It improves the context of the debate.

I think when people see how long I have been with my same sex partner they get an idea why i want same sex marriage to be made legal. A 37 year courtship is a long time. It is about time that we made honest women of each other.

I am so happy that you like the thread. It makes me feel good that people care more deeply than just the politics.

16 years, married for the last 9, seporated for the last 2.

I married my highschool sweetheart, we were each other's firsts ;)

How wonderful for you. That is really beautiful. Hugs on that.

Originally Posted by Inferno
Are you married?

47 years....I forgot why.

After 47 years, forgetting why isn't all that surprising to me. :mrgreen:

47 years is to dance about. Big snoopy dance around the table. If you have been together 47 years the reasons would be many. Great job well done.

My wife was killed during a trip to Tanzania. We happened upon some ivory poachers, it was horrible. They didn't waste anytime shooting at us. It was horrible, but in the end her sacrifice saved my life (she was a big woman and sitting in the front seat with the guide, I was able to take cover in the back seat). The part I regret most about the incident, aside from losing her of course, was the fact that we had to push her out onto the road as we were having a difficult time outrunning the poachers (like I said she was a big woman). I miss her dearly.

I'm very happy for you all.

:shock: Whhhhhhaaaaaa????

Loved her dearly? ...but pushed her carcass to the ground 'cuz she weighed you down? C'mon, Lerxst:2razz:...did she have grey wrinkly skin and looooong nose, too?

Hub and I went to high school together. Been together 21 years.

10 wonderful years on Feb 14th 2010.

Why, because I love her with a passion that knows no domain.

She is much younger and makes me feel horny.

Clic on picView attachment 67109248

LOL.....I often tease my husband about that. I'm not much younger now (I think the years shrink as you mature) but a nine year difference was pretty significant to my mother when I was 19 ;)

Loved her dearly? ...but pushed her carcass to the ground 'cuz she weighed you down? C'mon, Lerxst:2razz:...did she have grey wrinkly skin and looooong nose, too?

That relationship is older than me :2razz:

I think the love in the room got too much for Lerxst.

It pushed him over the edge :mrgreen:

I seriously want to get old with my wife. I want to be that old couple that sits there and lovingly insults each other in front of the children and grandchildren. Basically I want to be the old couple from Everybody Loves Raymond.

I've been with my wife for almost 8 years now. The reason we are still together is because she is insane enough to pop out my little minions hehehehe..No i love her to death and wouldnt trade her for the world.

Forty years June 20th don’t know how she put up with me that long.

Are you married?

It was 8 years Monday. We stay together because our home has been filled with laughter since the day we met. It seems some days that's all we do is laugh...at each other, at ourselves, at the dogs, and the world.

Met my husband in 12th grade, 1990. Started dating him about 1994. Married him in 1997. He gets me like no one else ever has.

It was 8 years Monday. We stay together because our home has been filled with laughter since the day we met. It seems some days that's all we do is laugh...at each other, at ourselves, at the dogs, and the world.

That sounds great :D

Happy Anniversary Happy Anniversary. That is great. Super big hugs to you both.

Told my wife about this thread and she said that I got the "why she stays with me" part wrong.

Her response: "Because it's easier to stay with you than it is to find a place to dispose of your corpse"

:lol:

We'll celebrate our 18th anniversary this July. We still hold hands when we're walking. Kiss each other good night every night. And we still say "I love you" to each other every day.

Happy Anniversary Happy Anniversary. That is great. Super big hugs to you both.

Thank you very much!!! Congrats to you guys on 37 years. That's amazing. We're all excited because we will be hitting 10...in a couple of years. We'll really have done something once we catch up with you.

Look, you're a religious person. The soul leaves the body upon death. At that point 300lbs or a bullet in my ass...I had to make a choice. As a result I was able to carry on, which I'm sure she would have wanted. And I'm sure she would have wanted a proper burial too, but as this incident has shown me, life isn't a picnic sometimes...especially when picnics end in gunfire.

Back
Top Bottom