• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Long does it take Sen. Leader Mitch McConnell to change a light bulb?

Oh, so you're a pundit and a comedian. You suck at both.

And you are a right wing Trump follower , it seems like a majority of Right wingers are these days .
Tell me is it the Senate leader McConnell you follow or is it just another Trump follower??
None of the Republicans are leading these days they just follow Trump , tell him how great he is , and make excuses for him when he screws up.

And you are a right wing Trump follower , it seems like a majority of Right wingers are these days .
Tell me is it the Senate leader McConnell you follow or is it just another Trump follower??
None of the Republicans are leading these days they just follow Trump , tell him how great he is , and make excuses for him when he screws up.

We sure are, get use to it.

I've said it before , I'll say it again .
When "not if WHEN" Trump goes down the Republicans standing with him will become collateral damage

This bill was passed in the House back in September.
It went to the Senate back in September, it was on the Senate leaders desk in September about the stimulus package Trump said go big or go home aka a big bill
So what happened ?
The house didn't block it , the president supported it, even ask for a big bill.
So a majority of the Democrats support it lead by Pelosi.
Well who does that leave the Senate and who is the Senate leader???

Theres 99 other Senators. And as you pointed out, the Dems passed a bill, that Republicans who also have a say, dont like. When they knew they wouldnt like it. So, the House needs to go work on it with the Senate to come up with something they both agree with. The house can pass all the bills it wants, but if they know the Senate isnt going to agree why bother?

So they can use it as a wedge issue of course. During an election.

We sure are, get use to it.
Why should I get used to it, when Trump falls it won't bother me I never was for him in the first place.
Anytime if I ever have to make excuses for a politician's actins My support will be in question.

Answer don't know if a light bulb blows instead of replacing it with a better one , he will stumble around in the dark looking for a cheaper one .

That is in fact what he has done with the second Stimulus package, While many American people are in dire straights , McConnell is still playing politics.
Watch your back Sen. Leader , you just might lose that title very soon , The American people that are waiting for that stimulus package that you continue to block ., Well many of them VOTE check the polls lately have ya?,
4 years in this case. LOL! And it was Nancy who held up the last one, get your facts correct.

Answer don't know if a light bulb blows instead of replacing it with a better one , he will stumble around in the dark looking for a cheaper one .

That is in fact what he has done with the second Stimulus package, While many American people are in dire straights , McConnell is still playing politics.
Watch your back Sen. Leader , you just might lose that title very soon , The American people that are waiting for that stimulus package that you continue to block ., Well many of them VOTE check the polls lately have ya?,

And Pelosi is refusing the pass the Senate version. It takes two here.

When "not if WHEN" Trump goes down the Republicans standing with him will become collateral damage
Considering they picked up seats in the House, no state legislatures were even close to flipping Democrat, and the Senate will stay in Republican hands, and the Democrats are outright panicking over the disintegration of the blue wave they were expecting----what collateral damage?

The one that doesn't cost trillions, again.
I haven't heard any stimulus package from the republicans , all I've heard from the Republicans is it shouldn't cost that much.
Besides , the Republicans are too busy trying toget Trump reinstated.

Considering they picked up seats in the House, no state legislatures were even close to flipping Democrat, and the Senate will stay in Republican hands, and the Democrats are outright panicking over the disintegration of the blue wave they were expecting----what collateral damage?
The Republicans should be the ones panicking the American people do not forget nor forgive any indiscretions when it comes to money.
And right now. a stimulus package to help a lot of Americans is sitting on a desk in Congress gathering dusk it has been since September.
Some Americans just move on , but some want to know WHY???
If the Republicans don't stop being fixated on Trump and step up, the blue wave will become a trickle so small it won't be noticed.
Some Republicans are starting to ask questions about what's the hold up?
After all aren't Republicans capable of passing a bill through Congress without Trump?????

The one that doesn't cost trillions, again.
How much money was spent on the corporations when the stimulus package was passed ?
How many corporations are getting a tax cut for paying taxes?

I haven't heard any stimulus package from the republicans , all I've heard from the Republicans is it shouldn't cost that much.
Besides , the Republicans are too busy trying toget Trump reinstated.

"Senate Republicans have twice offered a roughly $500 billion GOP-only bill that was blocked in the Senate. McConnell, if there’s going to be a year-end deal, wants it to be similar to that legislation, which included another round of Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) aid, money for schools and testing and the GOP leader’s red-line of protections against coronavirus lawsuits. "

There are ongoing negotiations. You dont hear about it because all the media talks about is Trump. Pelosi didnt want to negotiate something both houses could agree on, so she just passed what she wanted in the house before the election, knowing the Senate wouldnt agree, but she could blame the Senate for it. Both houses are now closed for vacation.

"Senate Republicans have twice offered a roughly $500 billion GOP-only bill that was blocked in the Senate. McConnell, if there’s going to be a year-end deal, wants it to be similar to that legislation, which included another round of Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) aid, money for schools and testing and the GOP leader’s red-line of protections against coronavirus lawsuits. "

There are ongoing negotiations. You dont hear about it because all the media talks about is Trump. Pelosi didnt want to negotiate something both houses could agree on, so she just passed what she wanted in the house before the election, knowing the Senate wouldnt agree, but she could blame the Senate for it. Both houses are now closed for vacation.
Did you compare the stimulus package offered for corporations to the one offered to the average people?
Question ; How did she know the Senate would disagree without negotiating??
Question; what ever did happen to that Stimulus package that was on McConnell's desk in the Senate in September?
Perhaps McConnell was too busy trying to get Trump reelected after Biden had won??
Which calls McConnell's knowledge of the election process in question.
For if he question's Biden's win in Michigan and Georgia.
Then can not we question his win in Kentucky which is the only place he's won in a head to head race.

Did you compare the stimulus package offered for corporations to the one offered to the average people?
Question ; How did she know the Senate would disagree without negotiating??
Question; what ever did happen to that Stimulus package that was on McConnell's desk in the Senate in September?
Perhaps McConnell was too busy trying to get Trump reelected after Biden had won??
Which calls McConnell's knowledge of the election process in question.
For if he question's Biden's win in Michigan and Georgia.
Then can not we question his win in Kentucky which is the only place he's won in a head to head race.

She WAS negotiating. Thats how she knew the Senate didnt agree. And since she couldnt get what she wanted, she just passed something to say she passed something. And thats what happened to the package that was on McConnels desk in September. It was dead on arrival because it was not something both houses would agree on. Unilaterialism does not work.

She WAS negotiating. Thats how she knew the Senate didnt agree. And since she couldnt get what she wanted, she just passed something to say she passed something. And thats what happened to the package that was on McConnels desk in September. It was dead on arrival because it was not something both houses would agree on. Unilaterialism does not work.
And still on his desk in November.
Don't you find it odd that every proposal the House Democrats sent to McConnell has been turned down.
while other stimulus packages to help the American people have been sitting on McConnell's desk.
If McConnell ever left Kentucky his political career would be over .

And still on his desk in November.
Don't you find it odd that every proposal the House Democrats sent to McConnell has been turned down.
while other stimulus packages to help the American people have been sitting on McConnell's desk.
If McConnell ever left Kentucky his political career would be over .

There is still only the same one, not other ones. Nothing has changed.

Pre-election, I think McConnell and Pelosi both tacitly agreed there would be no stimulus in order to weaken Trump. Now, McConnell is waiting to negotiate with Biden.

No they won't. Anything else?

She added that the current proposal "has simplicity, it's what we had in our bills, it's for a shorter period of time, but that's O.K. now because we have a new president."

"I'm going to tell you something," she said, pointing her finger. "Don't characterize what we did before as a mistake, as a preface to your question, if you want an answer. That was not a mistake. It was a decision, and it has taken us to a place where we can do the right thing without other, shall we say, considerations in the legislation that we don't want."

There you go. Proof that McConnell wasnt the problem. Pelosi 'decided' that winning was more important than governing. Standard politician.

There you go. Proof that McConnell wasnt the problem. Pelosi 'decided' that winning was more important than governing. Standard politician.
I suspect she and McConnell were in tacit agreement to do nothing to help Trump.

Theres 99 other Senators. And as you pointed out, the Dems passed a bill, that Republicans who also have a say, dont like. When they knew they wouldnt like it. So, the House needs to go work on it with the Senate to come up with something they both agree with. The house can pass all the bills it wants, but if they know the Senate isnt going to agree why bother?

So they can use it as a wedge issue of course. During an election.
And Christmas.

"All we got from Santa this year was this eviction notice."

Back
Top Bottom