• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Lang can Trump stay on message- without stepping into another mess?

How Lang can Trump stay on message- without stepping into another mess?

• Total voters

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
How long can Trump stay on message- without stepping into another mess?
Pls not your political affiliation. Republican or Democrat-

Where is the "less than one sentence" option?

You didn't have options that I could use.

If they were there my choices would be:

I am neither
30 seconds

Where is the box for, "Until the left blows up another inconsequential word"?

Let's face it...if Trump says the word, "is", some lefty is going to take faux offense and the media is going to splash the story about how Trump doesn't care a bit about anybody but himself.

Where is the box for, "Until the left blow up another inconsequential word"?

Let's face it...if Trump says the word, "is", some lefty is going to take faux offense and the media is going to splash the story about how Trump doesn't care a bit about anybody but himself.
He creates his own mess.

Since all the anti-Trumps out there consider picking up (but not using) the wrong fork at a formal dinner a major problem for Trump that will doom his campaign, open the US to ridicule and cause millions of Americans to die a horrible death, I'd say the poll needs to be in minutes, not days.

How about starting a poll about how many major issues will come up in the Clinton camp that the media will pretty much ignore?

Then you could start another poll about how much money super-PACs and billionaire corps. will be donating to Clinton's campaign.

After that you could start a poll about how many times the media will actively campaign for Clinton.

Since all the anti-Trumps out there consider picking up (but not using) the wrong fork at a formal dinner a major problem for Trump that will doom his campaign, open the US to ridicule and cause millions of Americans to die a horrible death, I'd say the poll needs to be in minutes, not days.

How about starting a poll about how many major issues will come up in the Clinton camp that the media will pretty much ignore?

Then you could start another poll about how much money super-PACs and billionaire corps. will be donating to Clinton's campaign.

After that you could start a poll about how many times the media will actively campaign for Clinton.

Seeing as you have a handle on that I will leave it to you.

He creates his own mess.

Yeah...you keep on believing that.

Mark my words...in the next couple of days Trump is going to say, "Hillary is..." and before he can get the next word out, the media will be howling about how Trump is a mean, nasty man for saying that about a wonderful woman.

Trump is a odd guy so I picked all the odd numbers of days given. Like Hillary and Obama, Trump will lie and either stick to that lie or expound on it. What Trump seems to be counting on is that the MSM is more disliked by many than he is - reasoning they think that if despised MSM journalist or commentator X is against Trump then that deserves being for Trump.

Yeah...you keep on believing that.

Mark my words...in the next couple of days Trump is going to say, "Hillary is..." and before he can get the next word out, the media will be howling about how Trump is a mean, nasty man for saying that about a wonderful woman.

Let me be clear - HRC is as crooked as hell. I have stated that time and again. Started many threads on her corruption including the Clinton Foundation. So I am no shill for her
Trumps makes his own mess, they come from his mouth. Unless he has been using a ventriloquist- his words - he owns them
He has been a Godsend to political reporters and pundits.

Last edited:
Let me be clear - HRC is as crooked as hell. I have stated that time and again. Started many threads on her corruption including the Clinton Foundation. So I am no shill for her
Trumps makes his own mess, they come from his mouth. Unless he has been using a ventriloquist- his words - he owns them
He has been a Godsend to political reporters and pundits.

Regardless what you think about Hillary, I maintain you are wrong about all this brouhaha being Trump's own fault.

But I'm glad you mentioned the "political reporters and pundits". The bulk of them are in the tank for Hillary or in the tank for the GOP Elite and are the primary sources of the faux outrage that emerges every time Trump opens his mouth.

Regardless what you think about Hillary, I maintain you are wrong about all this brouhaha being Trump's own fault.

But I'm glad you mentioned the "political reporters and pundits". The bulk of them are in the tank for Hillary or in the tank for the GOP Elite and are the primary sources of the faux outrage that emerges every time Trump opens his mouth.

The Republican Party has been split for years - from the far right to the moderate. This years platform is very conservative. The far right, those Evangelicals who despise Gays helped write and had significant influence.
if the Republicans want to regain the presidncy, thye need to gather the moderates and Indepenadts to their Party.

If HRC is elected- there will be next to no changes on 2 A
When you have a candidate state, RvW will be overturned. that ain't happening.
Same as removing 2 A as many think will happen. that ain't happening

I watched the Libertarian Town-hall and was quite impressed
1 gentleman, cannot recall who, when questioned on AR 15 and same type weapons, stated there are 30 million of these weapons in the public domain. if banned, some would be turned in, but the vast majority would not.
Will there be changes on the AR, possible, will security - background checks be increased, I would say yes.

I think your comment on the media would be bang on if you were referring to Obama's skate thru the 1st run and I am in 100 % agreement, that the press gave him a cake walk.
But when looking over time Trumps comments, he made his own mess.

The Republican Party has been split for years - from the far right to the moderate. This years platform is very conservative. The far right, those Evangelicals who despise Gays helped write and had significant influence.
if the Republicans want to regain the presidncy, thye need to gather the moderates and Indepenadts to their Party.

If HRC is elected- there will be next to no changes on 2 A
When you have a candidate state, RvW will be overturned. that ain't happening.
Same as removing 2 A as many think will happen. that ain't happening

I watched the Libertarian Town-hall and was quite impressed
1 gentleman, cannot recall who, when questioned on AR 15 and same type weapons, stated there are 30 million of these weapons in the public domain. if banned, some would be turned in, but the vast majority would not.
Will there be changes on the AR, possible, will security - background checks be increased, I would say yes.

shrug...

Even though you raise some points that deserve consideration, nothing in your post relates to anything I've said and none of it is relevant to the topic of this thread.

So it goes...

I think your comment on the media would be bang on if you were referring to Obama's skate thru the 1st run and I am in 100 % agreement, that the press gave him a cake walk.
But when looking over time Trumps comments, he made his own mess.

Actually, Obama skated through his 2nd run, too...thanks to similar tactics to those being employed now and by the media. Why, it took constant attacks against Romney including outright lies...later fully and unapologetically admitted by the perpetrator of the lies...to take him down. But take him down they did.

The only thing different this time around is the intensity and the fact that Trump has much more populist support than Romney had.

What message lol

His only message is, "Donald Trump is great," and he'll stay on that message for the rest of his miserable life.

One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi...

How long? 3 days.

The more interesting question is how many micro-seconds pass between Trump's creation of the next mess, and online posters saying things like "but look at this other thing Hillary did six months ago" or "he didn't actually say what he is recorded in that video you just linked to, saying".

We have a winner, imo — finebead, with four days.

"Hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish the Second Amendment. By the way, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks," Trump said before pausing and adding: "Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is."​

The former head of the CIA, retired Gen. Michael Hayden, told CNN's Jake Tapper: "If someone else had said that said outside the hall, he'd be in the back of a police wagon now with the Secret Service questioning him."​

In another poll, I said I think Frumpy will lose by ten points, which would more or less be a landslide in modern-day presidential elections. But imo there exists the possibility of a meltdown for this clown — the Republican party leadership (Ryan, McConnell, etc) may at some point decide that their interests and the party's long-term interests are threatened more by sticking with him than they are by abandoning and disavowing him. Then you could be looking at a thirty-point margin. Harding over Cox in 1920 by twenty-six is the current all-time record.

The biggest LOSER evah. Wouldn't that be great?

Back
Top Bottom