• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Jesus Described His True Followers...

Daisy

"Make sure of the more important things."
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
It ain't rocket science...

Sometimes I’m surprised to hear people’s descriptions of Jesus because they make Him sound like a guy whose only purpose is to make us feel good about ourselves with no concern for how we live our lives (2 Corinthians 11:4).

But the real Jesus doesn't see it that way at all:

“You are my friends if you do what I command.” John 15:14

“Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.” John 14:21

“Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.” John 14:23-24

“Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death.” John 8:51

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.” Matthew 7:13-14
https://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2022/03/the-real-jesus-is-very-concerned-with.html

Sometimes I’m surprised to hear people’s descriptions of Jesus because they make Him sound like a guy whose only purpose is to make us feel good about ourselves with no concern for how we live our lives (2 Corinthians 11:4).

“Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.” John 14:21

“Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.” John 14:23-24

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.” Matthew 7:13-14
https://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2022/03/the-real-jesus-is-very-concerned-with.html

This is more in response to your current sig shown under your OP, "Does the fact that Jesus can give life to others mean that He is God Almighty?"
The answer to that is, "no, because that's not the ONLY fact there is, which is why Jesus is God Almighty."

Your sig ties up with your OP.
All the verses you quoted are actually commands made by God.

And, OBEDIENCE TO GOD is also invoked by Jesus Christ (God in human form).

John 14:21
Whoever has
my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

It was God who gave the commandments. If Jesus is not God - why is He making claims to them?

Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death.” John 8:51

Take note that in that verse - Jesus has now talked as God.
Otherwise, He is usurping the Authority of God.

Acts 5:29
But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must
obey God rather than men.

If Jesus is not God..................... aren't you obeying a man by obeying Jesus?

-----------------------------

Just see how these two following verses below are consistently giving the message that Jesus is God.
Compare:

John 8:31
So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him,
“If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

This is why Jesus had said this:

Matthew 7

True and False Disciples

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

In other words, if you don't obey God, you're not a disciple of Christ...................................because, HE IS GOD!

ALL verses you gave in your OP - ironically - all sum up to.......................................OBEDIENCE TO GOD.

Last edited:
This is more in response to your current sig shown under your OP, "Does the fact that Jesus can give life to others mean that He is God Almighty?"
The answer to that is, "no, because that's not the ONLY fact there is, which is why Jesus is God Almighty."

Your sig ties up with your OP.
All the verses you quoted are actually commands made by God.

And, OBEDIENCE TO GOD is also invoked by Jesus Christ (God in human form).

John 14:21
Whoever has
my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

It was God who gave the commandments. If Jesus is not God - why is He making claims to them?

Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death.” John 8:51

Take note that in that verse - Jesus has now talked as God. Otherwise, He is usurping the Authority of God.

Acts 5:29
But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must
obey God rather than men.

If Jesus is not God..................... aren't you obeying a man by obeying Jesus?

-----------------------------

Just see how these two following verses below are consistently giving the message that Jesus is God.
Compare:

John 8:31
So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him,
“If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

This is why Jesus had said this:

Matthew 7

True and False Disciples

21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

In other words, if you don't obey God, you're not a disciple of Christ...................................because, HE IS GOD!

ALL verses you gave in your OP - ironically - all sum up to.......................................OBEDIENCE TO GOD.

Sounds like a real douche. "Do exactly as I say or I won't love you and I'll let you die."

Argument from bible quotes. Can you show that 1) the bible quotes tell the truth and 2) you are accurately interpreting the bible quotes.

How do you know that is 'the real jesus'.

I expect avoidence of those questions, and snide remarks

You're mocking me for giving Scriptural verses for arguments.

If I had agreed with you, and not corrected the way the Bible is being twisted abd taken out of context, you wouldn't be mocking me.
Therefore, it's not really me that you mock.

You mock THE TRUTH of the Scriptures. 🤷

I give you a new commandment: love one another. Just as I have loved you, you must also love one another:rolleyes:

Well, those are claims by a person who wrote about Jesus decades after Jesus was dead. (if Jesus existed at all).

How do you know that the author of the Gospel of John told the truth?

Sounds like a real douche. "Do exactly as I say or I won't love you and I'll let you die."

The real douche would be the one who has been given the free will to choose, and had also been informed of the consequence(s) for each choice - and yet, still has the audacity to complain that it ain't fair. :ROFLMAO:

Well, those are claims by a person who wrote about Jesus decades after Jesus was dead. (if Jesus existed at all).

How do you know that the author of the Gospel of John told the truth?

Why would he lie?

The real douche would be the one who has been given the free will to choose, and had also been informed of the consequence(s) for each choice - and yet, still has the audacity to complain that it ain't fair. :ROFLMAO:

So, exactly no one. Got it.

So, exactly no one. Got it.
:oops:

Lol - how can you say "no one?"
Didn't you just claim that He said, ""Do exactly as I say or I won't love you and I'll let you die?" :ROFLMAO:

That means, you know you've got the choice................................right?

Didn't you just claim that He said, ""Do exactly as I say or I won't love you and I'll let you die?" :ROFLMAO:

That means, you know you've got the choice................................right?
Yeah, like the Godfather. Make em an offer they can't refuse. Pathetic

No, I claimed that's what Christians claim he said.

I don't believe he existed, let alone said anything of note.

What do you mean, "you can't refuse?"
Who sez you can't?

Lol - just because you don't like the alternative, that doesn't mean you haven't got the free will to choose!

Lol - just reading where some of you atheists are coming from with free will - you're kinda confusing free will with a twisted sense of ENTITLEMENT!
"Well God, I reject you and don't wanna spend eternity with you (that's how much I hate you)............................. but, you're being unfair if the only alternative will be baking forever with the devil. How about another choice like, Club Med? " :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Clearly there are theists who don't give a crap about God or lost souls. Those theists are just haters of atheists, as well as other theists with differing views/interpretations of Biblical scripture.. They actually get their jollies by deriving perverted satisfaction from thinking non-theists, or theists with differing worldviews on matters of religion, will burn eternally post mortem. Sick, sick, thought processes, driven by hate and self-loathing.

Clearly there are theists who don't give a crap about God or lost souls. Those theists are just haters of atheists, as well as other theists with differing views/interpretations of Biblical scripture.. They actually get their jollies by deriving perverted satisfaction from thinking non-theists, or theists with differing worldviews on matters of religion, will burn eternally post mortem. Sick, sick, thought processes, driven by hate and self-loathing.

Of course - trying to shame the messenger - that's a common attempt at rebuttal when there's nothing reasonable to say.
Mind you, some non-believers actually see "smugness" among Christians for having this confidence in their salvation.
They mistakenly think the "smugness" is in knowing the non-believers are condemned, instead of thinking what they misinterpret as "smugness," is actually confidence by the Christians in their salvation -
not because they feel they are above the non-believers................................ but because..................... they have trust and faith in Christ.

Anyway..........
Giving the conditions for salvation, rebuking and exposing false-teachings - are part of the Gospel.
Not only are those stipulated in the Bible, but they are backed by logic too.

The good part that people want to hear, is just only half of the story.
Without the other part (the conditions and requirements from us), the "good" is rendered null and void.

If we're aiming to do as instructed, we might as well try to be as diligent as we can, in giving all the important parts.
Makes sense, no?

Makes sense, no?
What doesn't make sense is a self-professed true, loving, God fearing Christian referring to another person's wife a a "Beast." The apex of sheer religious hypocrisy. Makes absolutely 'no sense' whatsoever.

What doesn't make sense is a self-professed true, loving, God fearing Christian referring to another person's wife a a "Beast." The apex of sheer religious hypocrisy. Makes absolutely 'no sense' whatsoever.

Irrelevant!

Furthermore, I don't know what you're on about.

Not all accusations are accurate
- that's a fact.
And, accusations can be maliciously, deliberately concocted. That's a fact.
Rightly or wrongly - people don't raise the "victim card" for nothing.

Meh. You've got your own personal issues, I see.
Perhaps you should revisit and re-read whatever it is that makes you think that way.

You should strive to stick to the discussion at hand.
This is Elora's thread.

Last edited:
Not all accusations are accurate - that's a fact.
And, accusations can be maliciously concocted. That's a fact.
So when you referred to my wife as a "Beast", you did it with malice aforethought, and the personal attack "concocted" upon another DP member's family member, who is not even here to defend herself, was put forth with "malicious" intent. Got it. Absolutely shameful.

No, I claimed that's what Christians claim he said.

I don't believe he existed, let alone said anything of note.

Obviously you think He said something of note. "Do exactly as I say or I won't love you and I'll let you die."
Otherwise, you wouldn't be reacting to it.

Obviously you think He said something of note. "Do exactly as I say or I won't love you and I'll let you die."
Otherwise, you wouldn't be reacting to it.
🤦‍♂️

Well? Isn't it?

What was quoted is noteworthy to you, right?
It got your attention, you were even compelled to react on it.

Back
Top Bottom