• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Jerry Falwell Jr. Lost His Flock

yeah, i know. i've had to listen to those people (i'm surrounded by them) literally every day of my life.

i'm one million times the Christian that some of those people are.

Mr. Trump, is that you?

yeah, i know. i've had to listen to those people (i'm surrounded by them) literally every day of my life.
i'm one million times the Christian that some of those people are.
So far I have only met those conceited pompous and self-righteous "Bible Christians" in forums. And that's bad enough.

You might want to think about what mocking "pious Bible Christians," as you so frequently do, accomplishes.

They deserve every word of mockery.

There is nothing pious/devout about the man...learn your definitions...:roll:

You should know that the ones that proclaim how pious and devout they are tend not to be. I am sure in your various search for the religion for you , you have seen that often enough.

They deserve every word of mockery.

I apparently missed God's memo that He was resigning and leaving the judgment to you.

I apparently missed God's memo that He was resigning and leaving the judgment to you.

Maybe "He" should, because His spokespeople down here sure do suck the big whopper; in Falwell's case, perhaps even literally.

You should know that the ones that proclaim how pious and devout they are tend not to be. I am sure in your various search for the religion for you , you have seen that often enough.

My experience is they are all hypocrites in one way or another. A few are a little less fraudulent and selfish than the Falwells of the world, but for the most part they are not all that much different. IMO, they are probably following the evil one far more than this so-called God they preach about all the freaking time.

I missed the memo where God specifically mentioned he couldn't either.

I missed the memo where God specifically mentioned he couldn't either.

No one should sit on their thumbs to wait for "God" to judge a crook like Falwell Jr. He needs to be brought before a court, judged, punished and sent off to his Swingers Club so he can no longer ruin the lives of young people, like those poor students attending the school their stupid parents sent them to for a "religious education."

Jerry puts a whole new meaning to Mathew 18:20

20 "For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

My experience is they are all hypocrites in one way or another. A few are a little less fraudulent and selfish than the Falwells of the world, but for the most part they are not all that much different. IMO, they are probably following the evil one far more than this so-called God they preach about all the freaking time.

Do you really believe there are no sincere Christians in the world? That's like saying there are no good atheists, is it not?

Do you really believe there are no sincere Christians in the world? That's like saying there are no good atheists, is it not?

I was referring to the preachers and to hypocrites. Most people are hypocrites, atheists included. But, atheists don't pretend to be pious.

Let's not forget. Falwell punished young people for doing far less than he did. Far less.

It's about his abuse of his professed religion, and his hypocrisy. His actions speak louder than his mealy-mouthed words, managing the family business.

I was referring to the preachers and to hypocrites. Most people are hypocrites, atheists included. But, atheists don't pretend to be pious.

Let's not forget. Falwell punished young people for doing far less than he did. Far less.

Thanks for clarifying and I agree...

It's about his abuse of his professed religion, and his hypocrisy. His actions speak louder than his mealy-mouthed words, managing the family business.

Agreed...

It was a good decision! So I see that God has some sense left - after all! :)
Three cheers for good old God! :peace:peace:peace

No one should sit on their thumbs to wait for "God" to judge a crook like Falwell Jr. He needs to be brought before a court, judged, punished and sent off to his Swingers Club so he can no longer ruin the lives of young people, like those poor students attending the school their stupid parents sent them to for a "religious education."

I agree! :2wave:

God is a good guy. At least mine is. But, I do not hold other people accountable to "Him." After all, that would really just be holding them accountable to me.

If you are our alternative...God help us...:roll:

Man, I see it all the time. It infected 2 of my 5 siblings 30 years ago. The rest of us just have to listen to how religious they are all the time.

I just ignore it.

And, ironically, the rest of us actually help people. We don't flap our gums about it, we just help people.

Everybody misses something once in a while. So don't worry! :2wave:

--------------------

Back
Top Bottom