• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How it all went wrong (again) in Europe as second wave grips continent

yeah, i'd change the subject, focus on me and not make any other predictions if i were you too. you've been so off on COVID numbers that looking even worse isn't the thing you should do.

yeah, i'd change the subject, focus on me and not make any other predictions if i were you too. you've been so off on COVID numbers that looking even worse isn't the thing you should do.
Did you make any predictions?

Adults clearly don't take care of themselves, as over 200,000 (and climbing), US deaths demonstrate. These are the arrogant libertarian idiots whining that nobody tells them what to do because 'freedom!'; just like the idiot bishop who stated categorically that, 'god is larger than this dreaded virus', and died a couple of days later but not before he infected his family. Being six feet under prematurely isn't the sort of 'freedom' which appeals to most normal folk.
We are going to do some quick math here and Im going to keep it simple so that you can follow along. Ready? The US is 5 times the size of your country. Right now the UK has 42,000 coronavirus deaths. To compare your numbers with ours, you would multiply 42,000 by 5. That number is 210,000. What that means, if I havent lost you, is that the UK and the US have almost an identical death rate from this virus. Yet you come here every single day and blast us for how we have handled it. 😂 Thats too stupid for words.

Did you make any predictions?

no

now, you had us at 60% (total population infected) after around 6 months. so i guess you'd have us around 70% infected since we're about 7 months in.

so, do you think that 229.7 MILLION Americans have/had COVID?

no

now, you had us at 60% (total population infected) after around 6 months. so i guess you'd have us around 70% infected since we're about 7 months in.

so, do you think that 229.7 MILLION Americans have/had COVID?
You can never be wrong when you don’t state a position can you?

You can never be wrong when you don’t state a position can you?

so you're not gonna state your position on how many are infected (when you were so sure before)?

We are going to do some quick math here and Im going to keep it simple so that you can follow along. Ready? The US is 5 times the size of your country. Right now the UK has 42,000 coronavirus deaths. To compare your numbers with ours, you would multiply 42,000 by 5. That number is 210,000. What that means, if I havent lost you, is that the UK and the US have almost an identical death rate from this virus. Yet you come here every single day and blast us for how we have handled it. 😂 Thats too stupid for words.
It gets even worse when one compares case numbers. Getting Covid 19 in the U.K. is 3x as deadly as in the United States for some reason.

It gets even worse when one compares case numbers. Getting Covid 19 in the U.K. is 3x as deadly as in the United States for some reason.
Maybe the fact that our population density in 8x that of the US might have something to do with it. What do you think?

Death figures in Florida have been dropping on 7 day rolling average for months. They're at their lowest point since the middle of June. What are you even babbling about?

The US and FL should have dropped to much lower figures than now. In September, we should be getting dang close to zero. We are so ridiculously worse than the rest of the world in per capita figures, there are very few states that can justify reopening as FL is, with no restriction allowed. FL reopened before with figures looking even better than now and the results were disastrous. FL is no better than the US avg, which is really bad. FL isn't alone in being stupid about having no restriction/guideline/safety for the virus. A number of other red states doing the same that don't have the data to support opening with no restriction.

Maybe the fact that our population density in 8x that of the US might have something to do with it. What do you think?
Why would population density make a virus more deadly? More cases, sure, but why would that lead to more deaths per case? Should be the opposite due to increased access to healthcare.

Why would population density make a virus more deadly? More cases, sure, but why would that lead to more deaths per case? Should be the opposite due to increased access to healthcare.
Oh dear. More people packed closer together increases the chance of infection, leading in turn to more deaths. I thought that was obvious. Bear in mind that these spikes, coincidentally, have occurred mainly in university cities with kids returning to schools and colleges, ignoring regulations and advice because partying is more fun. The biggest incidences in infection are now among 17-24 year-olds.
Prematurely reopening was an insane idea, and now we're heading back to square one:

Last edited:
Oh dear. More people packed closer together increases the chance of infection, leading in turn to more deaths. I thought that was obvious. Bear in mind that these spikes, coincidentally, have occurred mainly in university cities with kids returning to schools and colleges, ignoring regulations and advice because partying is more fun. The biggest incidences in infection are now among 17-24 year-olds.
Prematurely reopening was an insane idea, and now we're heading back to square one:

Yes, more cases. Maybe even more cases per unit population. But why more deaths per case? It should be obvious that a person contacting covid in the U.K. is 3x more likely to die than a person contacting covid in the USA.

The question is why. Can your healthcare system not handle it? Are people in the U.K. significantly less healthy than people in the USA? Surely there is some reason.

Back
Top Bottom