• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How is Satan god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:4)?

Daisy

"Make sure of the more important things."
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
A conversation in another thread prompted this thread/discussion...

A conversation in another thread prompted this thread/discussion...

The biggest problem with this is that the concept of Satan is corrupted by pagan influences and Persian Dualism. This shows the very strong pagan influences that Paul grafted on to the Jewish religion. In fact, in the Jewish scriptures 'ha-satan' is reference in the book of Job , and Zechariah only.. the other references to satan refer to human adversaries.

The biggest problem with this is that the concept of Satan is corrupted by pagan influences and Persian Dualism. This shows the very strong pagan influences that Paul grafted on to the Jewish religion. In fact, in the Jewish scriptures 'ha-satan' is reference in the book of Job , and Zechariah only.. the other references to satan refer to human adversaries.

lol...you are putting the cart before the horse...Satan is the reason for paganism and false teachings, as brought out in the video...

lol...you are putting the cart before the horse...Satan is the reason for paganism and false teachings, as brought out in the video...

Of course, that is assuming the paganistic, false claims about what Satan is true, which is not.

It is, however, good evidence that the stories from the Ebonites about Paul have a good amount of truth in them.

You see it every single day when people regularly attempt to compel and control other people... Compulsion does not come from God; compulsion comes from Satan...

Of course Christians think all other religions were false, and other gods were Satan. That's just typical human egocentrism.

But in the Old Testament, Satan is the "adversary." He is a servant of Yahweh, whose job is to test human beings.

When Christianity redefined Satan, they created the whole ridiculous "problem of evil" that kept philosophers spinning their wheels for centuries.

I think Satan is what tells people they understand more than they possibly could understand. The opposite of Satan is humility.

Of course Christians think all other religions were false, and other gods were Satan. That's just typical human egocentrism.

But in the Old Testament, Satan is the "adversary." He is a servant of Yahweh, whose job is to test human beings.

When Christianity redefined Satan, they created the whole ridiculous "problem of evil" that kept philosophers spinning their wheels for centuries.

That is so not true...Satan is Jehovah's enemy, as well as Jesus Christ's and mankind's...Jesus Christ will soon crush him in the head/a death dealing blow...

"And I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your offspring and her offspring. He will crush your head, and you will strike him in the heel.” Genesis 3:15

"You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie." John 8:44

"The one who practices sin originates with the Devil, because the Devil has been sinning from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was made manifest, to break up the works of the Devil." 1 John 3:8

You see it every single day when people regularly attempt to compel and control other people... Compulsion does not come from God; compulsion comes from Satan...

True...neither does human domination...

All of this I have seen, and I applied my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, during the time that man has dominated man to his harm." Ecclesiastes 8:9

"I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him.
It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step." Jeremiah 10:23

Sometimes man puts Satan in the forefront when making bad decisions that effects us all.

There is only one world.

That is so not true...Satan is Jehovah's enemy, as well as Jesus Christ's and mankind's...Jesus Christ will soon crush him in the head/a death dealing blow...

"And I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your offspring and her offspring. He will crush your head, and you will strike him in the heel.” Genesis 3:15

"You are from your father the Devil, and you wish to do the desires of your father. That one was a murderer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie." John 8:44

"The one who practices sin originates with the Devil, because the Devil has been sinning from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was made manifest, to break up the works of the Devil." 1 John 3:8

This is, of course, using the mistaken concept that the snake in the garden of Eden is the serpent. However, this is false. It is an extrapolation of 'the great serpent' is Revelation, but that description is closer to the Leviathan. In genesis, , the snake is cursed to crawling on his belly for eternity, yet in Job, Ha-satan walks around the earth. You can't walk on your belly. (Job 2:2)

Sometimes man puts Satan in the forefront when making bad decisions that effects us all.

It seems to me that a lot of times man blames Satan rather than taking responsibility for his own actions

Hard to do, since Satan doesn't exist.

Whatever...lol.
I wish the liberal/Demo party.
I will compromise...same sex marriages sadly exists,Satan in disguise.

Back
Top Bottom