• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How intolerant is the Left becoming...

How intolerant is the Left becoming...

• Total voters
How intolerant is the Left becoming? We have Ellen being attacked... Kathy G with that Trump head... Whoopi G constantly shrieking about stuff... It seems that their tolerance is becoming more and more intolerant. They are tolerant until you disagree with them

Intolerance has always existed on both sides. As partisan politics becomes more of the norm, the more intolerant some become.

Is the whole of the left intolerant? No. So why the ridiculous title?

How intolerant is the Left becoming? We have Ellen being attacked... Kathy G with that Trump head... Whoopi G constantly shrieking about stuff... It seems that their tolerance is becoming more and more intolerant. They are tolerant until you disagree with them

Tolerance is often determined by the subject.

Tolerance to racist, sexist, treasonous **** stains who are actively trying to destory America? Pretty low.

We need less tolerance for racists, sexists and overall ****ty people.

Disagreeing with Trumpian propaganda is not intolerance. The word you're looking for is intelligence.

Intolerance has always existed on both sides. As partisan politics becomes more of the norm, the more intolerant some become.

Is the whole of the left intolerant? No. So why the ridiculous title?

A liberal disagreed with him. In their book, that's intolerance.

I am afraid to tell you mate... but your posts are pretty incoherent lately.

What are you talking about in this one? How does Compton have anything to do with the fact that the Left is extremely intolerant?

Have you seen what the left has done to Compton... They're intolerant of their own constituents...

Tolerance doesn't mean you let people walk all over you. Tolerance means live and let live. If someone isn't hurting you or doing anything wrong then you should leave them alone. But if someone is doing something stupid and ****ty that is causing harm to innocence or being genuinely disrespectful you have a responsibility to call them out on their bull****.

Right now there are thousands of innocent little children who have been taken from their families and locked in cages. Their parents have been sent half way around the world never to see them again. That is morally impermissible and we have a responsibility to do everything we can to stop that from happening.

Right now thousands of our Kurdish Allies who fought beside us in the war terror are being slaughtered needlessly while the ISIS prisoners they helped us capture are being set free and allowed to re-engage in the killing of our people and our allies. That is morally impermissible and we have a responsibility to do everything we can to stop that from happening.

Right now we have a criminal president who is very clearly and incontrovertibly guilty of more than 20 different felonies. All of which should require his removal from office. He regularly abuses the power of his office on a daily basis and has obliterated the credibility of the United States radically reducing it's standing in the world and leaving us with little or no moral authority. That is unacceptable and we have a responsibility as Americans do do everything we can to stop this from happening.

Right now there are thousands of innocent little children who have been taken from their families and locked in cages.

Link?

Their parents have been sent half way around the world never to see them again.

Good. **** them and their parents.

Right now thousands of our Kurdish Allies who fought beside us in the war terror are being slaughtered needlessly while the ISIS prisoners they helped us capture are being set free and allowed to re-engage in the killing of our people and our allies. That is morally impermissible and we have a responsibility to do everything we can to stop that from happening.

Those f*ggots are not are allies. They're asshole we arm because they say they'll act in our interest(which they or groups like them never do). The cold war ended decades ago, we need to stop funding goat ****ing terrorist to destabilize the middle east. These people don't like us or our ideology, if they want to throw gays off of roofs or behead women for being raped I say let them.

It's not the white-mans burden to civilize these cretins.

Right now we have a criminal president who is very clearly and incontrovertibly guilty of more than 20 different felonies.
:lamo post of the day...

This is an absurd thread and your examples don't work because, one, you have removed the context, and two, you are just looking to denigrate "the left." Ellen, who has long been a spokesperson for "the left," is gay and maintains a friendship with someone of "the Right," who has publicly made statements of the anti-gay. Clearly, those two are tolerant of each other, no matter what others (who don't matter) demand, which means ultimately the issue is BS. And Whoopi G has always shrieked and bitched.

But you imply that tolerance means allowing others to behave as decrepit as possible without criticism; as in, frowning on a person who wishes to call another a "faggot." I'll give you an example of my point:

- Christian Conservatives rightfully held Jimmy Swaggart, Jim Baker, and Bill Clinton accountable for their immorality and sexual misconducts in the 1990s. In this, they were intolerant.

What some of "the Left" are doing today smacks of obnoxiousness. But this is a counter-reaction to how irresponsibly tolerant Conservatives have become. Trump and Roy Moore certainly belongs in that group of names I mentioned, yet the average Conservative shrugged and supported. We live in a politically extreme era where both sides are seeking to define themselves against each other. From this, stupid and obnoxious people will make insignificant headlines. Whoopi G, and others, do not define "the Left's" intolerance anymore than the neo-Nazi or White Supremacists defines the Right.

But, like I stated, this thread is only about an attempt to denigrate "the Left." See what I mean about people's political extremism?

I tolerate her intolerance... what I wonder is why she is intolerant of Trump's intolerance. But she is on the Left and I am not.

Karl Popper dealt with this issue a long time ago. There is no need to tolerate intolerance.

Since the Far Right has zero justification for existence, it depends on scapegoats for its survival. The OP contains several examples.

These are individuals who are making statements. Whether you agree or disagree with them this is not the entire Democratic Party. Your headline should reflect that.

Link?

Good. **** them and their parents.

Those f*ggots are not are allies. They're asshole we arm because they say they'll act in our interest(which they or groups like them never do). The cold war ended decades ago, we need to stop funding goat ****ing terrorist to destabilize the middle east. These people don't like us or our ideology, if they want to throw gays off of roofs or behead women for being raped I say let them.

It's not the white-mans burden to civilize these cretins.

:lamo post of the day...

The **** are you on about? We are talking about Kurds who helped us fight those who throw gay people off rooftops.

I am intolerant of intolerance.

I acknowledge my bigotry of nazis, ethnic nationalists/supremacists, jew haters/holocaust deniers, racists of all colors, religious fanatics of all stripes, and commies.

the only group I truly hate that is not an chosen individual ideology are pedophiles.

Considering that Trump has allowed/empowered any number scumbag far right wing fringers to express their particular twisted poison, its no wonder many an average person might conclude that the much larger reaction on the left to that sad state of affairs is actually the cause and not the effect.

I don't understand how you can prove to be this ignorant and still operate a computer. If you know absolutely nothing about the Kurds, Muslims, or other subjects, why not take some good advice and shut your ****ing mouth? I mean, it's not hard to present yourself with maturity and intelligence; and obviously the subjects of foreign policy, history, and the global reality are far too hard for you to comprehend. One only needs to ask a school child for a lesson or two and your posts would improve greatly.

For example: You call them "faggots" and then accuse them of tossing gays off of roofs. Why would "faggots" hate gays? Seems a very dumb thing to declare.

The Kurds were absolutely our allies and have been well before 9/11. Tell you what, remove yourself from your personal altar of worship to Donald Trump, and discover a book. It's a thing that Donald Trump has declared not to care about, but this shouldn't discourage you from discovering a better education.

Last edited:
Progressives are not "on the left," ie not liberals. They are the anti-thesis of liberals: pro-war, anti-free speech, anti-freedom of thought, fixated on people's race and appearance, government control freak fascists, and the most anal people on earth - radically xenophobic and fixated on hate-mongering and perpetually terrified - hating themselves and everyone else.

There are hundreds of anti-Trump threads... this is not one of them. Post about this topic.

Yeah, enough threads about the guy who is supposed to lead the free world. Let's talk about Whoopi. :roll:

Most of my RL friends are conservative. They know I am a flaming liberal. We like each other anyway :)

This website is not the country.

Exactly. I work with conservatives all day long, no problem whatsoever. The smart ones know not to bring up politics, the dumb ones can't resist themselves.

Progressives are not "on the left," ie not liberals. They are the anti-thesis of liberals: pro-war, anti-free speech, anti-freedom of thought, fixated on people's race and appearance, government control freak fascists, and the most anal people on earth - radically xenophobic and fixated on hate-mongering and perpetually terrified - hating themselves and everyone else.

:lamo

I have posted threads about some of the silliness coming from the left. Have you done the same on the Trumpcult?

If someone can't have a "beer & laugh" with a person from an opposite political ideology without either one's fellow whatever throwing a **** fit over it, then someone might as well drop the biggest nuke they can find on America, because we are done.

When we have that kind of intolerance, it proves we are no longer able to function as a society that can put aside the dog**** bag of politics ONCE IN A WHILE and BE CIVIL WITH EACH OTHER. What's the point?

*drop mic*

It is *mic drop*

JESUS... You can't even get that right!!!

I have posted threads about some of the silliness coming from the left. Have you done the same on the Trumpcult?

What silliness of theirs should I be posting about?

Yeah, enough threads about the guy who is supposed to lead the free world. Let's talk about Whoopi. :roll:

So you prefer to dominate all of your time on Trump and would prefer that all threads be about Trump?

Well said...

I am intolerant of intolerance.

I acknowledge my bigotry of nazis, ethnic nationalists/supremacists, jew haters/holocaust deniers, racists of all colors, religious fanatics of all stripes, and commies.

the only group I truly hate that is not an chosen individual ideology are pedophiles.

Considering that Trump has allowed/empowered any number scumbag far right wing fringers to express their particular twisted poison, its no wonder many an average person might conclude that the much larger reaction on the left to that sad state of affairs is actually the cause and not the effect.

This tread is about the LEFT being intolerant... so of course you start talking about Trump.

Why are you posting such amateur pivoting tactics?

These are individuals who are making statements. Whether you agree or disagree with them this is not the entire Democratic Party. Your headline should reflect that.

The Thread title clearly shows that I was not talking about the Democratic Party... right?

Who? Antifa?

Back
Top Bottom