• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How important in your privacy to you?

How important in your privacy to you?

• My privacy is somewhat important, I am lax regarding my privacy information

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My privacy is not important to me.

• Other

• Total voters

digsbe

Truth will set you free
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I was wondering how important people would rate their privacy. Please vote :) To clarify. I am talking about privacy in regards to personal information like your phone number, address, financial things, medications you are on, etc. Not necessarily having a 12 ft fence so no one can see what you are doing, I am talking about personal information of all kinds (and obviously some things are more important to keep private than others). To clarify the top poll option. By no one I mean NO ONE (Including spouse, family, closest friends). How important is your personal information to you? Which pieces of your personal information are more important? Please explain your poll choices. BTW, can a mod please change the polling options so that they are public? I don't want spammers voting in the poll.

Last edited:
Privacy can mean 1000 different things, so I'm not sure.

Privacy can mean 1000 different things, so I'm not sure.

By privacy I mean more like personal information. Like medications one is on. An address, financial info (bank acounts/credit cards), phone numbers, etc. Basically, personal information.

By privacy I mean more like personal information. Like medications one is on. An address, financial info (bank acounts/credit cards), phone numbers, etc. Basically, personal information.

Having been a victim of identity theft, I have to say that my private information needs to STAY private. Nobody should have certain information without my knowledge and/or consent.

I'm fairly neutral about it. I take basic protective measures to keep people from getting hold of private information, but I don't go out of my way to make sure every little detail is kept under lock and key. It's just not worth the effort.

I was wondering how important people would rate their privacy. Please vote :) To clarify. I am talking about privacy in regards to personal information like your phone number, address, financial things, medications you are on, etc. Not necessarily having a 12 ft fence so no one can see what you are doing, I am talking about personal information of all kinds (and obviously some things are more important to keep private than others). To clarify the top poll option. By no one I mean NO ONE (Including spouse, family, closest friends). How important is your personal information to you? Which pieces of your personal information are more important? Please explain your poll choices. BTW, can a mod please change the polling options so that they are public? I don't want spammers voting in the poll.

I voted "Very Important." Don't give a twit about my phone number, though, since it can be helpful for people I'm not regularly in contact with to get in touch...though, now that I think about it, I only have a cell, so it's irrelevant. Same with address. Medications, I don't much care either, frankly. Now, my financial information? Nobody's business but mine and those I care to share it with. If I were married, I'd share it with my spouse provided our finances were mingled. Otherwise, nope. Unfortunately, it's probably irrelevant because if someone wants every nitty-gritty about a person, they're going to find it. But I won't be making it easy. I shred. Everything with my name on it.

My privacy is very important I even change my IP address at least once a week.

Very very important to me.
I rarely share my number let alone any other detail

It's very important to me. I'm a fairly private person in general and I need to establish trust with most people before I share intimate details about myself. As for my address, phone number, etc... that is all a matter of public record, so if someone finds it out then oh well. I've never been contacted by someone who is creepy or stalking me. The main thing that bothers me in the privacy department is the lack of good faith that companies show by selling my personal information to third parties for their own profit. This should be illegal.

I also hate implied consent to privacy violations by signing up to sites that have ridiculously long and perplexing privacy policies, like Facebook. Such things should be stated in simple language.

My financial information sure and definately my address. The rest of the crap, like what books I check out at the library, what medications I take (none), etc. Who gives a **** if someone knows that? What exactly can someone DO with that knowledge really? What I purchase with an expectation of privacy is one thing ('adult novelties.. if I purchased them that is..) What I buy in public, I have no expectation of privacy for that so why bother.... Vehicle I drive? Everyone can see it, duh. Etc.

I think you get the point.

I'm not really bothered about my privacy, I'm only concerned about financial info, even then, it'd probable be a net loss for the thief that raided my bank account. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom