• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How I Know I Backed The Right Horse...

ChezC3

Relentless Thinking Fury
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The hack attack against Sen Cruz which can be succinctly summarized here:

The World Isn't Sure What to Make of Ted Cruz: the 'Man Who Blocked America' | FP Passport

-- tells me beyond a shadow of a doubt, that when he first came on the scene, when he first fired up the generator of his wave pool that would crash tide after tide down upon Leviathan, those tides that would send members of both parties scrambling frantically in search of something to cling to, find any way of staying afloat -- I picked the right horse.

Anyone who has created this much animosity not only in this country, but around the globe for opposing the over-reaching arm of the government, the "Cracken", tells me he is not only a man they fear, but someone who is deserving of my support.

Good show my man, good show.

All of Ted Cruz's Republican Critics - Arit John - The Atlantic Wire

"I don’t think it is possible to heal tensions with Ted Cruz. Hopefully we can heal tensions with some of his supporters. The reason I say that is that he seems intent on doing whatever he has to do without regard to either the party or, quite frankly, to the Senate. So I think what we have to do is reach out to his people and let them know that they are following a false leader here."

"It is just a form of governmental terrorism," King told The New York Times on Tuesday of Cruz's Obamacare strategy. Last week on CNN King also accused Cruz of committing a "fraud against the American people" for arguing that his government shutdown brinksmanship might actually work. "We as House Republicans should stop letting Ted Cruz set our agenda for us. If he can deliver on this fine. If he can't, then he should keep quiet from now on and we shouldn't listen to him," he said. "Either put up or shut up."

New York Rep. Peter King

Johnson went on to say that Cruz and others are misleading voters into thinking they can defund healthcare. "They just want anybody who offers them a path, whether it’s realistic or not," he said.

Sen. Ron Johnson

I didn’t go to Harvard or Princeton, but I can count -- the defunding box canyon is a tactic that will fail and weaken our position. –BC
— Senator Bob Corker (@SenBobCorker) September 19, 2013

"I think it's the dumbest idea I've ever heard," Burr told public radio reporter Todd Zwilich in August. "I think some of these guys need to understand that you shut down the federal government, you better have a specific reason to do it that's achievable."

Sen. Richard Burr

"Well, this strategy of defunding Obamacare was an ad hoc strategy laid out without consulting with his fellow senators and at every step of the way, it’s been sort of cobbled together on the fly,"

Karl Rove

When Mr. Cruz demands that House Republicans "hold firm," he means they should keep trying to defund ObamaCare even if it results in a shutdown that President Obama will blame on Republicans. It's nice of him to volunteer House Republicans for duty. The supposedly intrepid General Cruz can view the battle from the comfort of HQ while the enlisted troops take any casualties.

The Wall Street Journal

The hack attack against Sen Cruz which can be succinctly summarized here:

The World Isn't Sure What to Make of Ted Cruz: the 'Man Who Blocked America' | FP Passport

-- tells me beyond a shadow of a doubt, that when he first came on the scene, when he first fired up the generator of his wave pool that would crash tide after tide down upon Leviathan, those tides that would send members of both parties scrambling frantically in search of something to cling to, find any way of staying afloat -- I picked the right horse.

Anyone who has created this much animosity not only in this country, but around the globe for opposing the over-reaching arm of the government, the "Cracken", tells me he is not only a man they fear, but someone who is deserving of my support.

Good show my man, good show.

Cruz is the new Newt Gingrich. Nobody liked him, either.

Back
Top Bottom