• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How has Trump affected your life?

enderpotato00

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I'm serious, I wanna know how Trump has affected your life since I constantly hear how he's horrible, and like a dictator.

I'm serious, I wanna know how Trump has affected your life since I constantly hear how he's horrible, and like a dictator.

Trump has not affected my life in any way.
No president has.
They are only in power for four or eight years. That is not enough time to do anything of consequence to affect me personally.
They also do not have much power as our system is full of checks and balances.

However, I do take delight in how the left have gone into a complete meltdown over his election.

Last edited:

He’s pushed for the repeal the ACA without a replacement which directly affects my wife and aunt. His tax cuts for the wealthy has turned it “oh we have to cut social programs now” Which directly affect numerous members of my family.

He’s pushed for the repeal the ACA without a replacement which directly affects my wife and aunt. His tax cuts for the wealthy has turned it “oh we have to cut social programs now” Which directly affect numerous members of my family.

Ok. Thanks for your answer. :)

So why do people bitch about Trump all the time, acting like he's the antichrist?

I blame Political Opinion TV shows. The more they get people riled up over nothing, the higher their ratings get and the more viewers they have.

"Keep them pissed" seems to be the motto of all of them.

Coverage of TrumpSpeak and his tweets (yes, that includes some overlap) leaves little "news" time devoted to much else.

Trump has had zero impact on me IRL.

I got my first ever Christmas bonus (well, beyond a certificate for a ham several years back) due to steel tariffs. My bonus usually comes around April or May, but I got two this year, the 2nd because of the tariffs.

(I work for a domestic steel mill, tariffs allowed us to jack up the prices on steel)

While I am thankful for that $$, I still hate tariffs.

He has mostly affected some of the kids I work with. One was brought to the country illegally via an undocumented adoption. They are now in constant danger of deportation.

In 2006, we decided to pick up and move from Northern CA back to SE GA. Bought a place in the woods. Since I had purchased COBRA insurance from BCBS and maintained it for a year (at $996.00 a month) I thought we would be insured. We were not. It ceased the moment we became residents of GA. I tried to get meaningful insurance and was, with my wife's conditions, laughed at. Moving into a 5 acre rural property and making renovations with 8 steps into the house blew out her knees. Over the next two years we tried multiple therapies but ended up paying out of pocket for bi-lateral knee replacement. I also cleared land and put in homes for two additional family members.
I spent 9 years in the submarine force. 5 years in telcom valley. 20 years in the care of the elderly. And the last 10 building cool new crap for the Navy. I just want to retire in three freaking years. I've never been unemployed since I was 16. Never even drawn an unemployment or disability check. Why should I, have to pay a price for the life I have lived. I have lived a life of service. As did my father and my brothers.
I don't even know what to say anymore. But, I am really, really pissed. I am a economic conservative/social liberal and I really don't care what you think about it, I care about how you you support your positions. Make your case.
This is why I took the holidays off from DP.

Be specific. How have they been affected?

How has Trump affected your life?

He really hasn't.....aside from the same old rabid carping from all the media ( regardless of lean) which has led me to shut off the TV and spend more time with my family or reading.

Some ways were already mentioned here.

I think even bigger effects will be seen when his environmental deregulations end up polluting our air and water. So when your kids or your loved ones or you get respiratory inflammation, or complications from ischaemic heart disease, stroke, COPD, lung cancer, asthma, ventricular hypertrophy, and even Alzheimer's and Parkinson's and other diseases shown to be related to screwed up environment, you can think back to your question and wonder how much of that was due to Trump allowing companies to earn extra profits on the back of our environment.

To refresh your memory, here is just 2017 environmental damage...

Withdrew from the Paris climate agreement.

Blocked the Clean Power Plan. The plan implemented under Obama focused on reducing greenhouse gas emissions from power plants. In October, The Post reported that the administration would seek to repeal it entirely.

Suspended a rule limiting methane leaks from drilling on federal land. Methane is a much more potent greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide.

Ended a study on the health effects of mountaintop-removal mining. The process involves blasting away the tops of hills and mountains to get at coal seams under the surface.

Rescinded a rule mandating that rising sea levels be considered when building public infrastructure in flood-prone areas.

Reversed an Obama ban on drilling for oil in the Arctic.

Announced a reduction in the scale of several national monuments. In April, Trump signed an executive order ordering a review of monuments added in the past 20 years, opening up the possibility that some areas previously set aside would have that status revoked. Last month, Trump announced plans to reduce the size of two, one after lobbying from a uranium company.

Ignored a deadline to implement a rule regulating smog.

Withdrew a rule regulating fracking on public land.

Announced plans to reconsider controversial protections for the sage grouse in western states. The bird’s habitat has been reduced as sagebrush has been removed in places that are being developed, often for oil and grass drilling. While not officially endangered, conservation groups worry about the sage grouse’s fate.

Postponed an EPA rule that would have had chemical plants better evaluate and inform the public about possible safety issues. This decision, made in June, drew new attention after Hurricane Harvey flooding led to an explosion at a facility near Houston.

Rejected a proposed ban on the pesticide chlorpyrifos. The month after this decision, a group of farmworkers were sickened by exposure to the chemical.

Repealed a ban on lead bullets. The bullets were banned under Obama because the lead can poison wildlife.

Rescinded a limit on the number of sea animals that can be trapped or killed in fishing nets.

Delayed and potentially rolled back automotive fuel efficiency standards.

Began repeal of a rule that would weaken emissions standards for some truck components.

Repealed the Waters of the United States rule. This rule expanded the definition of water bodies that were protected by the Environmental Protection Agency.

Ended a rule banning dumping waste from mining into streams.

Removed more than a dozen academics from the EPA’s Scientific Advisory Board.

Last edited:
Be specific. How have they been affected?

You are requesting personal information from another poster; no poster is required to offer any personal information just because someone wants it.

I got my first ever Christmas bonus (well, beyond a certificate for a ham several years back) due to steel tariffs. My bonus usually comes around April or May, but I got two this year, the 2nd because of the tariffs.

(I work for a domestic steel mill, tariffs allowed us to jack up the prices on steel)

While I am thankful for that $$, I still hate tariffs.

The steel companies made a mistake doing that. They should have went after market share first.

Back
Top Bottom