• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How has Covid-19 affected you personally?

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I work retail (Best Buy), so my store is still open. I'm actually getting more hours than I usually do. Yesterday I came in and we sold out of monitors because people are working from home. I did nearly $20,000 in sales because of this. On a good day I usually do $8000-10000. I was not scheduled to work Wednesday but someone called out. So I got more hours. We are keeping our purell under lock and key, some products are sold out.

I have had various job opportunities be put on hold due to the coronavirus.

My father's business is doing well. He owns an autoshop. My brother's school has been shut down for the month. My sister works at a country club and she's worried it may not reopen when it was scheduled to do so in April.

We also cannot visit our grandmother due to her nursing home being on lock down.

Cancelled a trip next week today. Trade shows are being cancelled, customers cancelling meetings, internal memo to our staff went out today, no travel without approval, everyone that enters our building is screened...

Cancelled a trip next week today. Trade shows are being cancelled, customers cancelling meetings, internal memo to our staff went out today, no travel without approval, everyone that enters our building is screened...

My cousin is supposed to get married next month out of state in Virginia...We'll see if that still happens.

I had to go to a Dollar General after Walmart ran out of toilet paper.

I am not traveling today, as planned. Venues I was planning to rent for a summer event are currently unavailable. My Disney trip is cancelled. I am avoiding looking at my retirement accounts.

I have a vivid memory of the 1987 crash. It was early in my saving process, and it literally wiped my savings out. I am avoiding tapping into investment accounts for the next several months. I'll have cash flow problems for at least the next 60 days.

My wife is severely compromised, so we're isolated. I'm making a lot of phone and text connections.

Last edited:
My industry is global, we have experienced a direct slowdown, and have been warned by HQ that ahead of redundancies and forced unpaid leave they're looking at other areas of the company where we could be useful in the interim. Fun times.

I'm pissed off because some of the restaurants I normally patronize have closed.

My industry is global, we have experienced a direct slowdown, and have been warned by HQ that ahead of redundancies and forced unpaid leave they're looking at other areas of the company where we could be useful in the interim. Fun times.

So they are gonna let you empty da trash and answer the phone?

The gas and hotel prices are good right now and I am hoping the prices of hookers deflate also..Although, I bet they won't be as enthusiastic..

My precinct's polling place is a retriement buidling - apartments senior citizens own with assisted living. Elections are held in the lobby. So naturally it was closed to visitors and I had to vote at the nearest libery instead. Mom was panicked Election Day might change in Florida (worrywart; I read it is still on as scheduled), so she ordered me to vote today. I can walk to my Election Day polling place, but not the library, which is the early voting location for us, so she drove me there. Now I am proudly wearing an I Voted sticker days before I was planning to vote for Joe Biden.

I have friends and family members who cannot visit loved ones in long term care facilities for the foreseeable future. Imagine what that is doing to their loved ones.

My precinct's polling place is a retriement buidling - apartments senior citizens own with assisted living. Elections are held in the lobby. So naturally it was closed to visitors and I had to vote at the nearest libery instead. Mom was panicked Election Day might change in Florida (worrywart; I read it is still on as scheduled), so she ordered me to vote today. I can walk to my Election Day polling place, but not the library, which is the early voting location for us, so she drove me there. Now I am proudly wearing an I Voted sticker days before I was planning to vote for Joe Biden.

Yeah Florida seems to be slow in response to this.

While I was out today fondling cart handles, counters, and keypads, my nose developed an itch. It lasted at least thirty minutes. I came home, washed my hands thoroughly, and it was gone.

I am not traveling today, as planned. Venues I was planning to rent for a summer event are currently unavailable. My Disney trip is cancelled. I am avoiding looking at my retirement accounts.

I have a vivid memory of the 1987 crash. It was early in my saving process, and it literally wiped my savings out. I am avoiding tapping into investment accounts for the next several months. I'll have cash flow problems for at least the next 60 days.

My wife is severely compromised, so we're isolated. I'm making a lot of phone and text connections.

Some people used their tax returns to pay for a new piece of technology in the past month. I kinda feel sorry for them now, since that wasn't a purchase they needed to make and obviously it was income they didn't have at the ready. We'll see how much returns i get in the next few weeks.

A number of customers specifically came into the store. Looked at laptops. Said they are waiting for their tax returns, and came back when they got them.

My sister also had to cancel a trip to Walt Disney World. She has a husband and three kids, who don't know if school will be canceled next week.

Yeah Florida seems to be slow in response to this.

I started a thread to post a Politico article about how various states are responding. All four Secretaries of State who will be running elections next week are totally confident that there is no reason to postpone them.

Now can someone explain to me why Alachua County did not ditch the electonic check-in device voters sign with their fingers? Poll workers are usually senior citizens because they can work al day. Good grief, paper is much safer to use and these ladies are old enough to know that!

Last edited:
I started a thread to post a Politico article about how various states are responding. All four Secretaries of State who will be running elections next week are totally confident that there is no reason to do more than wash your hands.

And yet they have major ports for cruise ships where this thing first spread. :roll:

And yet they have major ports for cruise ships where this thing first spread.

Totally different situation. Cruise ships have 2,000 people in close contact, not going in and out sharing pens and touch screen devices.

Both of us are seriously compromised.
So we're not able to do much of anything except stay home and hope for the best.
I just got over what I THINK was a severe case of pneumonia.
The hospital "claims" that it wasn't COVID-19 but they never actually tested me for that, so the only thing I have is their word for it.

If it was, then we're all survivors, if it wasn't, I doubt I could survive anything worse than what I did have.

Karen and I both have COPD, I have Type 2 diabetes on top of that, so we are very much the high risk category the authorities are talking about.

1) Our state's schools are closing for an early and "who knows how long" Spring Break. Fortunately my child is grown. 2) My daughter Is regular staff at an amusement park. They usually open at Spring Break, but they do not have a plan yet what they are going to do this year. 3) The grocery stores are like mob scenes. 4) All sports is suspended for now, even little league baseball. 5) Hubby is working from home, on his computer, as the University, where he works is all operating on line for now. 6) At least 12 in a Nearby VA care facility are positive for COVID-19. I don't know what the positive count was around the state. I think it was 25 to 30 at last count.

My immediate family are fine for now, but I'm very concerned for my 90 year old auntie in a Senior facility, as those facilities are especially susceptible.

I work retail (Best Buy), so my store is still open. I'm actually getting more hours than I usually do. Yesterday I came in and we sold out of monitors because people are working from home. I did nearly $20,000 in sales because of this. On a good day I usually do $8000-10000. I was not scheduled to work Wednesday but someone called out. So I got more hours. We are keeping our purell under lock and key, some products are sold out.

I have had various job opportunities be put on hold due to the coronavirus.

My father's business is doing well. He owns an autoshop. My brother's school has been shut down for the month. My sister works at a country club and she's worried it may not reopen when it was scheduled to do so in April.

We also cannot visit our grandmother due to her nursing home being on lock down.

It makes a big difference if people identify where they live.

You did not so there's little realistic context to apply.

I'm working from home everyday, instead of just some days. :peace

I'm good on my rural property, can still trail ride. I remain here any day I can anyway, if I dont have other plans.

Plenty of food and essentials for 2 months, spares can be used for camping or donated to food banks later if needed.

I'm almost out of olive oil :( I am trying to be really self-disciplined and not leave the property. Not happy I'll need to go to powdered coffee creamer next week. I didnt make any new facial appts. :(

My heart goes out to all that are unwillingly out of work...servers, service people, Broadway/theater actors, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom