• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How far will Wie go

How far will Michelle Wie do in the Men's Publinx Championship

• Win it all and get an invite to the Masters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lose in the final

• Make it to the semifinals

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Make it to the quarterfinals

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Make it to the round of 16

• Lose in the round of 32

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ludahai

Defender of the Faith
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
15-year old golfing sensation Michelle Wie is playing at the Amateur Public Links with the MEN this week and is kicking the crap out of them so far. How far will she go?

I think Wie will do just fine, she is a phenomenal golfer at her age. The only thing that I think would hold her back is either bad luck or just the fact that she is young and could let inexperience get the better of her, but if she keeps it together she has a legit shot at taking the whole thing.

I have no idea...I'm not old enough to play golf.

Don't you have to be ready for the wheelchair and have a dribble cup under your chin to catch the drool before playing that game ?

She lost in the quarters, but seemed to take it in stride.

http://www.usapl.org/news/FridayEarly.html

By making it to the quarters, she automatically qualifies for next years Publinx Championships. I think she is an amazing golfer at any age, much last at the age of 15 and she has a great career ahead of her. I wouldn't be surprised if twenty years from now, we are talking about Michelle Wie pushing Jack Nicklas' record on major victories.

galenrox said:
lol, I think that the starting age for non really preppy kids is between 20-25 (I'm thinking of taking it up soon)
It's a great(and humbling) game, I got into it because my buddies told me it was a great excuse to get away and drink beers with the guys, truth is, I found out that I loved the game as well as the brews. The trick is though, that true enjoyment of it comes from not taking it too seriously, just relax and let the slow pace of the game distract you from everyday problems and you'll enjoy it immensely.

ludahai said:
She lost in the quarters, but seemed to take it in stride.

http://www.usapl.org/news/FridayEarly.html

By making it to the quarters, she automatically qualifies for next years Publinx Championships. I think she is an amazing golfer at any age, much last at the age of 15 and she has a great career ahead of her. I wouldn't be surprised if twenty years from now, we are talking about Michelle Wie pushing Jack Nicklas' record on major victories.
No argument, she is definitely a great player and with more experience will probably be quite a bar raiser.

Back
Top Bottom