• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How far will Anti Gun Advocates Go:[W:73:86]

CalGun

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Re: How far will Anti Gun Advocates Go:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.ucsd.visarts.walkingtools.gungeomarker

How about an app to show criminals where the guns are; produced by a state employee through
a program at UCSD and UNIFESP a university in Brazil or university association perhaps - not sure.
Universidade Federal de São Paulo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hope someone who's address pops up on their little application sues the crap out of them for
privacy violations.

Wow, that does take it to a whole new level...... Good grief. Instead of focusing on "Homophobes" why don't people focus on these nut jobs?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.ucsd.visarts.walkingtools.gungeomarker

How about an app to show criminals where the guns are; produced by a state employee through
a program at UCSD and UNIFESP a university in Brazil or university association perhaps - not sure.

I hope someone who's address pops up on their little application sues the crap out of them for
privacy violations.

Actually, I encourage everyone to download this app, and to “mark” guns in as many locations as possible; the less likely there is to actually be a gun at any given location, the better.

Best way to fight cretins such as this is to contaminate their signal with as much noise as possible.

Actually, I encourage everyone to download this app, and to “mark” guns in as many locations as possible; the less likely there is to actually be a gun at any given location, the better.

Best way to fight cretins such as this is to contaminate their signal with as much noise as possible.

I'll take this as an omen, of some divine affirmation of my stated intent.

I just went out on an excursion, to mark as a “Large, out of place arsenal”, a completely and obviously harmless location—a nearby Lutheran church. On the way back, I stopped at the mailbox to check for incoming mail. Just the usual assortment of junk mail, folded so that this piece was on the outside, and was the first thing I saw when I opened the mailbox:

2013-07-09 18.43.52.jpg

I'll take this as an omen, of some divine affirmation of my stated intent.

I just went out on an excursion, to mark as a “Large, out of place arsenal”, a completely and obviously harmless location—a nearby Lutheran church. On the way back, I stopped at the mailbox to check for incoming mail. Just the usual assortment of junk mail, folded so that this piece was on the outside, and was the first thing I saw when I opened the mailbox:

[

the arsenal stuff is primo though the finish on some is not resistant to harsh cleaning fluids

I have a milled receiver arsenal in 762 COMBLOC, several in 556 NATO (they love that steel cased wolf stuff) and a short Krink also in 762 COMBLOC, I bought my father in law a 545x39 ARSENAL made in Russia

I am beginning to suspect that the cretin behind this project is going to be a bit disappointed with the results thereof.

The reviews on this app are hilarious to read. Only 20 “positive” reviews so far, against 525 negative reviews; and most of the “positive” reviews, when you read them, are obviously sarcastic. (A common theme among “positive” reviews is to play the role of a criminal, praising the app's creator for making his job easier and safer.) Several others have expressed the same intent I have, to mark harmless locations, in order to render the data collected by this app useless for its intended purpose.

2013-07-10-01.21.32.jpg

privacy violations.

I hope someones who's address pops up used said weapon to defend home and family by blowing the head clean off an intruder.
And when said intruders pockets are inventoried, the site and address are in there.

privacy violations.

Interesting - why is it that people assume criminals don't already KNOW.

Mr. Stalbaum, the cretin responsible for developing this app, must be dizzy after all the spinning he did in being interviewed for this article. As of when I last looked, less than an hour ago, there were now over a thousand “one-star” reviews, twenty-three “five–star” reviews, and less than half a dozen “two-star” through “four-star” reviews. Further, if you actually read the “five-star” reviews, you find that they are very sarcastic in tone, indicating a certain lack of sincerity behind those ratings.

Many of the reviews express the same intent that I have, to salt the database with as much bogus information as possible, to render it useless for the cretin's purpose in having created it. In encourage everyone to join in this effort by downloading the app at <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.ucsd.visarts.walkingtools.gungeomarker> and using it to mark harmless locations. You can only do so once a day, alas. Yesterday, I marked a nearby church, and today, I marked a high school.

Some of the amusing spin, quoted in the article:

Regarding the now overwhelming evidence that the vast majority of data being submitted to his project is bogus, the cretinous Mr. Stalbaum responds, “Though these fake markers are not useful for identifying dangerous guns and owners, they are certainly representative of the highly paranoid reaction we have come to expect from any attempt to improve gun safety in the United States.”
Only the very most ignorant and gullible still believe that those who advocate any kind of gun control do so out of concern for the safety of anyone other than criminals and tyrants. His project was never about any honest concept of safety; it was only ever about attempting to shame, threaten, and intimidate honest Americans who choose to exercise their Second Amendment rights. His project has backfired, as it rightfully should.

He goes on to say, regarding the overwhelming negative reaction to his project: “This kind of reaction — automatically lining up on the wrong side of reasonable measures to improve the safe use and ownership of guns — aids and abets the crisis of child shooting deaths.” By the most optimistic possible interpretation of the reviews on his app, the public is against him by a factor of about fifty to one. And that is ignoring the fact that many of the “positive” reviews are rather obviously sarcastic in intent. Of course, if one man out of a thousand holds an opinion with which the remaining 999 strongly disagree, it's not impossible that the one is right and the 999 are wrong, but that's not the way to bet. The one is only going to come across as incredibly arrogant if he declares the view that the other nine hundred ninety-nine hold to be “the wrong side”.

I think it'll be interesting to see how long continues to support this project, and continues to defend it, and continues to say that those who oppose it are wrong, as the bogus entries continue to flood into his database, with very, very few, if any, legitimate entries; and while the negative reviews pile upon his app, with very few positive reviews and no positive reviews that appear sincere. How long before he will admit this project to be an abject failure, based on an idea that was bad to begin with.

Anyway, Mr. Stalbaum is an idiot who fully deserves all the shaming, mockery, threats, and intimidation that are coming his way.

I suppose there's a lesson here for tyrants and bullies everywhere. In choosing a victim, choose one that isn't overwhelmingly more powerful than yourself. Pick on the scrawny weakling, and maybe you'll get away with it. Pick on the big, tough, captain of the football team, and you're going to get your ass kicked, hard.

If you're going to crowd source, it is probably best to not tick the crowd off.

If you're going to crowd source, it is probably best to not tick the crowd off.

I guess, in this case, it was an attempt to turn one crows against another; where the latter crowd that was thus targeted turned out to be much, much larger, stronger, firmer, and fiercer than the crowd that this project attempted to turn against it. In fact, the “sourced” crowd doesn't even seem to have shown up at all.

Last edited:
Gun Geo Marker: compromising the safety

http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/feeditem/new-android-app-locates-homes-businesses-gun-owners

What in the hell is the world coming too? The anti gun people have decided that they want to have an app to "mark unsafe" gun owners. So now because their self righteous crap, they want to compromise the safety of someone who owns a gun.

Here are the problems I see with this.

1) what the hell does the "gun control" crowd know about safe handling of firearms? Many don't own guns, or have not spent a lot of time around guns.

2) who thought this was ok? We don't tag unsafe drivers or crappy neighbors? What is this? Essentially the self righteous moron in charge of this app is comparing gun owners to sex offenders.

3) I will say this. While I am not an unsafe gun owner, I would not want someone to think they are qualified to make that decision. This is ridiculous. I am sick of the "gun control" crowd.

Re: Gun Geo Marker: compromising the safety

New Android App Locates Homes, Businesses of Gun Owners | Sunshine State News

What in the hell is the world coming too? The anti gun people have decided that they want to have an app to "mark unsafe" gun owners. So now because their self righteous crap, they want to compromise the safety of someone who owns a gun.

Here are the problems I see with this.

1) what the hell does the "gun control" crowd know about safe handling of firearms? Many don't own guns, or have not spent a lot of time around guns.

2) who thought this was ok? We don't tag unsafe drivers or crappy neighbors? What is this? Essentially the self righteous moron in charge of this app is comparing gun owners to sex offenders.

3) I will say this. While I am not an unsafe gun owner, I would not want someone to think they are qualified to make that decision. This is ridiculous. I am sick of the "gun control" crowd.

To me it looks like an excuse for the government to start up big brother.

It proves what I have been saying for years. Anti gun turds want to harass gun owners

pure and simple. we need to harass them back-anti gun nuts should have their homes listed on a site as GUN FREE ZONES where criminals rape and steal free of repercussions

It proves what I have been saying for years. Anti gun turds want to harass gun owners

pure and simple. we need to harass them back-anti gun nuts should have their homes listed on a site as GUN FREE ZONES where criminals rape and steal free of repercussions

Sounds like another reason to Open Carry.

Sounds like another reason to Open Carry.

They are vermin. terrify the mice!!

They are vermin. terrify the mice!!

Looks like I need to OC my rifle along with my 1911.

Looks like I need to OC my rifle along with my 1911.

Invest heavily in the purveyors of adult diapers and rubber panties for the fearful

Invest heavily in the purveyors of adult diapers and rubber panties for the fearful

That's what Obamacare is for. :mrgreen:

Moderator's Warning:
Merging threads on the topic of Gun Geo Marker.

Sounds like the best way to thwart this stupid intrusion. Jam up the system to ruin its credibility. Mark every house in the neighborhood.

Sounds like the best way to thwart this stupid intrusion. Jam up the system to ruin its credibility. Mark every house in the neighborhood.

Unfortunately, it only lets you mark one location per day. When you mark a location, you must wait 24 hour before you mark another one. The limit seems to be tied to the device, so if you have two Android devices, you can mark two locations per day.

So far, I've marked a church and a high school. My wife and I are going to be out running errands tomorrow, and surely we'll each find some suitable location to mark while we are out.

Unfortunately, it only lets you mark one location per day. When you mark a location, you must wait 24 hour before you mark another one. The limit seems to be tied to the device, so if you have two Android devices, you can mark two locations per day.

So far, I've marked a church and a high school. My wife and I are going to be out running errands tomorrow, and surely we'll each find some suitable location to mark while we are out.

I've got time and friends. This app will be rendered completely useless by the time I'm done. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't let go of a grudge, and if they think they can mark us good ole boys down here, they got another thing coming.

Someone please mark the southern poverty law center :)
DNC headquarters :)

Back
Top Bottom