• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How far will Anti Gun Advocates Go:[W:73:86]

Re: Gun Geo Marker: compromising the safety

At this stage, an honest person would simply admit that his project was a failure.

But then honesty has never been a common characteristic among gungrabbers.

As can be expected from his ilk, the cretinous Brett Stalbaum has gun into “spin mode”.

From the latest entry in his blog at Geolocate Dangerous Guns and Owners | a project of the walkingtools.net laboratory

An aspect of the project which did not work – nor did I expect it to in this particular case – was the use of anonymous marking of sites. Simply stated, the project suffered numerous hacking attacks that filled the database with false info, not to mention that anti-gun-safety types have also used the app itself as a tool for mischief.
·
·
·​
Secondly, the App was a honeypot. As a gun owner myself, I am all too aware of a smaller component of the community that sees any attempt at improving gun safety as an affront to their second amendment rights.
·
·
·​
So, the project is also a culture-jamming exercise intended to draw out earnest expressions from the radical anti-gun-safety community, expressions that will now become part of a second phase of the project which involves aesthetic manifestations. The app itself will remain online for a time so that people can play with the user interface, after which it will morph into a purely “documentation” application about the project.

So, does this look like the response is entirely from some small fringe minority, from the “radical anti-gun-safety community”?

2013-07-14-00.58.02.jpg

Surely, if any significant portion of the population agreed with this idiot and his methods, then there'd be a lot more than 46 “five-star” reviews against 2,662 “one-star” reviews, and there might even be a few of those “five-star” reviews that actually contained genuine positive remarks rather than the heavy sarcasm that I found in every one that I read.

It is certainly interesting to contrast this result with the lie that the anti-Second-Amednment types were pushing a few months ago about how anywhere from eighty-five to ninety-five percent of the American population supported the policies they were promoting. This isn't exactly a scientific poll, but if we were to assume that all the “five-star” reviews were sincere, this indicates approximately 1.7% support for this loser.

———

After writing the above, but before submitting it, I noticed something. He's updated teh app's description on Google Play to contain teh same spin as in his latest blog entry, and he's added the following line at the end:

“Our app rating is a source of pride. We encourage anyone to look at the reviews and determine for themselves: Is it the quality of app? Or is is what the app does?”

Really? Overwhelmingly bad reviews of his app, and his concept; and he doesn't recognize it as an indication of just how bad his app and his concept were, but rather he takes pride in it, for what he thinks it shows about his enemies?

Either he is far more deeply buried in his ivory tower beneath the huge piles of his own arrogance and narcissism than most of us are capable of even imagining, or else he incredibly is desperate to put a positive spin on what he must fully know is undeniably an overwhelmingly negative result.

Re: How far will Anti Gun Advocates Go:

Interesting - why is it that people assume criminals don't already KNOW.

:mrgreen: They can go to the back of any gun magazine and check the advertisements. The can go to google. They can go to their own contacts, which I'm sure they have. I could get most any gun I want, even automatic, why couldn't criminals do the same. The only difference is-- I would do it legally. chuck

New Android App Locates Homes, Businesses of Gun Owners | Sunshine State News

What in the hell is the world coming too? The anti gun people have decided that they want to have an app to "mark unsafe" gun owners. So now because their self righteous crap, they want to compromise the safety of someone who owns a gun.

Here are the problems I see with this.

1) what the hell does the "gun control" crowd know about safe handling of firearms? Many don't own guns, or have not spent a lot of time around guns.

2) who thought this was ok? We don't tag unsafe drivers or crappy neighbors? What is this? Essentially the self righteous moron in charge of this app is comparing gun owners to sex offenders.

3) I will say this. While I am not an unsafe gun owner, I would not want someone to think they are qualified to make that decision. This is ridiculous. I am sick of the "gun control" crowd.

:mrgreen: How do they define an 'unsafe gun'? To me that's a gun that malfunctions, if you pull the trigger you might be in danger of blowing your hand off. Any gun that works properly, semi, revolver, fully automatic, in the hands of a competent owner is SAFE! chuck.

Once again, here is my argument:

A -It is ethically unjustified to initiate violence against other people's person or property.
B -Eminent domain is the forcible taking of someone's land.
C -Thus, eminent domain is ethically unjustified.

What is your counter-argument?

that you don't even subscribe to your own nonsense and thus have no argument for me or anyone else to concern themselves with. You are debating yourself with your stated beliefs on one side and your contradictory actions on the other side. Its Federalist against who ever you are in actual real life. The debate is strictly a family affair.

To me it looks like an excuse for the government to start up big brother.

:mrgreen: Big Brother is already started to a large extent. Thank you Presidents Bush and Obama! chuck.

that you don't even subscribe to your own nonsense and thus have no argument for me or anyone else to concern themselves with. You are debating yourself with your stated beliefs on one side and your contradictory actions on the other side. Its Federalist against who ever you are in actual real life. The debate is strictly a family affair.

So which parts of my argument are you challenging?

Do you disagree that it is ethically unjustified to initiate violence against other people's person or property?
Do you disagree that eminent domain is the forcible taking of someone's land?
Do you disagree with my conclusion that eminent domain is ethically unjustified?

It proves what I have been saying for years. Anti gun turds want to harass gun owners

pure and simple. we need to harass them back-anti gun nuts should have their homes listed on a site as GUN FREE ZONES where criminals rape and steal free of repercussions

:mrgreen: The anti-gun nuts should like that. They should relish in the fact that their home is listed as a GUN FREE ZONE. But I wonder if they really would! There would have to be just a little bit of fear creeping into their bones. chuck

I've got time and friends. This app will be rendered completely useless by the time I'm done. I'm the kind of guy who doesn't let go of a grudge, and if they think they can mark us good ole boys down here, they got another thing coming.

:mrgreen: If they mark your house as a 'Gun Owners House', that should not be a violation of your rights mentioned in the 2nd Amendment. Notice I said 'should not'! Nowadays there are so many infringements on the 2nd Amendment as to almost render it useless. I do think it would be a violation of your rights mentioned in the 4th Amendment. It's nobody's damn business to know whether you own a gun or not. chuck

So which parts of my argument are you challenging?

Do you disagree that it is ethically unjustified to initiate violence against other people's person or property?
Do you disagree that eminent domain is the forcible taking of someone's land?
Do you disagree with my conclusion that eminent domain is ethically unjustified?
:mrgreen: Sadly to say, there were at least 5 people on the Supreme Court who upheld the eminent domain law in Connecticut. They used the absurd reasoning that taking that private property from the owners and building high rise apartments would generate enormous money in tax revenue. This in turn, would benefit the public. It's a clear violation of the 5th "Nor shall anyone's private property be taken for public use without just compensation". Public use means a highway, a library, a school, etc...etc... tks, chuck

Pushing the jargon of right libertarians with such nonsense as advocating violence against the innocent when you are really talking about the power of eminent domain

But eminent domain IS an initiation of violence against the innocent, and there is no justification for initiating violence against innocent people.

I don't think you really can't understand what I'm saying, I think you just don't like what I'm saying so you lie and say you "don't speak libertarianese". It's sort of like the debate equivalent of covering your ear, and saying, "La la la. I can't hear you."

Moderator's Warning:
The topic is the Gun Geo Maker app. Return to that topic.

It proves what I have been saying for years. Anti gun turds want to harass gun owners

pure and simple. we need to harass them back-anti gun nuts should have their homes listed on a site as GUN FREE ZONES where criminals rape and steal free of repercussions

I say register Democrats (party officials not affiliates) NOT guns.

I am thinking a counter app is in order. Perhaps an app you could use to mark homes that are known to be "gun-free" zones. Note if they have alarms or dogs too...
Start with addresses of known anti gun rights advocates.

It's only fair.

:mrgreen: If they mark your house as a 'Gun Owners House', that should not be a violation of your rights mentioned in the 2nd Amendment. Notice I said 'should not'! Nowadays there are so many infringements on the 2nd Amendment as to almost render it useless. I do think it would be a violation of your rights mentioned in the 4th Amendment. It's nobody's damn business to know whether you own a gun or not. chuck

I don't see this as an infringement. I see it as an act of aggression and I'm responding in kind. If tehy want to track who has guns, they're going to have to sift through a mountain of bull****. They want a war, they got one.

I am thinking a counter app is in order. Perhaps an app you could use to mark homes that are known to be "gun-free" zones. Note if they have alarms or dogs too...
Start with addresses of known anti gun rights advocates.

Yes and make sure all the criminals have Obama phones

The cretin issued a new “update” today, which effectively disables the app. The “updated” version will do nothing more than take you to his web site, where you can read his final batch of lame excuses and lies, trying to put a positive spin on the utter failure and embarrassment of his project.

Restoring the previous version from a backup, I find that for now, it still works as before; but I expect that he'll soon enough take his end of the service offline.

Looks like he's finally shut down the database server.

Earlier today, I was able to bring up the app and see all the “dangerous guns” that had been marked within range of where I was. Now, it just tells me “Sorry, there was a network error, please try again later.” I don't think there's going to be a “later”.

Looks like he's finally shut down the database server.

Earlier today, I was able to bring up the app and see all the “dangerous guns” that had been marked within range of where I was. Now, it just tells me “Sorry, there was a network error, please try again later.” I don't think there's going to be a “later”.

It appears that thus project is indeed, truly dead. After a few days of being unable to access the database from the app, I've deleted the app. My contributions of “dangerous gun sites”, while the database was still live, included…

• A nearby Lutheran church
  • A nearby high school
  • A property which includes a public library, a park, and a children's playground
  • Another park
  • A Mormon church

Yesterday, I was at a Mormon-Church-operated facility that warehouses and distributes food and other basic supplies for the needy. I wanted to mark it as a “dangerous gun site”, but, alas, by this time, the database had already been dead for a day or two.

It's really interesting to see the idiotic spin that the cretinous Brett Stalbaum has been trying to put on the failure of his project, both on the app description and on his web site.

As of about 19:30 PDT on 24 July 2013, this is how the reviews are looking for his now-dead app.

GGReviews20130724_193000.jpg

I don't see this as an infringement. I see it as an act of aggression and I'm responding in kind. If tehy want to track who has guns, they're going to have to sift through a mountain of bull****. They want a war, they got one.

:mrgreen: So registering your gun would be an easy solution thru the 'mountain of bull****.' I would not register a gun after going thru a background check. They'd have to sift thru that mountain to find me owning that gun!!!

Back
Top Bottom