• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How far is Russia from the United States?

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Anyone know?

Anyone know?
Not very far. Ill test my knowledge so I won't look it up before answering. Seems like I heard there are either Russian or American islands within sight of one another or the other's mainland between Alaska and, what is it, Kamchatka?

Pretty close, Putin thinks, according to his comments in the Onion:

I wonder what @American thought he was accomplishing with this thread.

He can't actually believe that the best way to answer his "question" is by spamming general politics instead of introducing himself to google or a map.

Last edited:
I think it’s time to put about 700,000 troops in the Akaska area. Bring in about a hundred military ships. Call it an exercise. This could put Russia in a bind not wanting to spread itself thin with troops.

I can't see Russia from my front porch... But I guess there are people in Alaska who say they can... So I guess it's pretty close...

There's a big house in Washington DC that Russia essentially rented for a while. I believe that they also have an embassy there.

I can't see Russia from my front porch... But I guess there are people in Alaska who say they can... So I guess it's pretty close...
I once heard someone say that they're our next-door neighbors, and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

There's a big house in Washington DC that Russia essentially rented for a while. I believe that they also have an embassy there.
:unsure:

Back
Top Bottom