• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How far have we strayed?

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Judge Napolitano's History of Liberty | The FOX Nation

An interesting video series about the history of liberty. I think everyone should watch these, and think about them. Regardless of your lean, are we actually fulfilling the intent of the republican experiment initiated by the founders? It's hard sometimes to be objective, but think about what is wrong with those you admire, and the principles they espoused; and see what you can find wrong.

I can tell you that from these videos I've lost some admiration for Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and GW Bush. I think Bush had good intentions, but his spending was a hugely unconservative move. Classic liberalism has lost a lot of ground in 200 years.

Regardless of your lean, are we actually fulfilling the intent of the republican experiment initiated by the founders?
I don't really care, because I'm not shackled by the hopes and dreams of dead, backward old men.

Back
Top Bottom