• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How far do you believe gun restrictions should go?

Your comments are miles form the truth of what I said.

They are exactly what you said. You meant something else? Care to explain?

Well, that's a sort of open ended question. I think that modern military style assault weapons, quick release magazine change buttons and all high capacity magazines/ clips should be restricted from the market until the country can get control of the threat they pose within the criminal element and the proliferation of such weaponry in the country is thinned to all but nonexistence. Very hard restrictions on imports of such weaponry should be put to use, wherein such weaponry is banned from importation during the period of time it takes. Extremely tough penalties should be placed on criminals who use such weaponry in the commission of their crimes: perhaps 10 years for a first offense. That alone should have some effect.

The weapons you would ban are responsible for like 1% of shooting deaths and there is already penalties you ask for they are just not enforced.

The weapons you would ban are responsible for like 1% of shooting deaths and there is already penalties you ask for they are just not enforced.

The more I read his posts, the more I see a desire to make the rest of the USA suffer the same idiotic laws california imposes on its gun owners. Who knows, he might be some low level bureaucrat in California. The same mindless excuses California purveys for its stupid laws are brought here by him

The more I read his posts, the more I see a desire to make the rest of the USA suffer the same idiotic laws california imposes on its gun owners. Who knows, he might be some low level bureaucrat in California. The same mindless excuses California purveys for its stupid laws are brought here by him

They have no choice but to go after the low hanging fruit in the incremental agenda. These weapons may be responsible for 1% of the deaths but they are scary and that is an easy sell to an increasing liberal populace that has no reverence for their own rights and freedoms any more. They can barley get "Assault Weapons" banned, they know there is no way they will be able to ban hand guns anywhere but liberal run hell holes like Chicago. At least not yet. That is why it is so important the we the people and the NRA not budge an inch for these people.

You didn't offer a rebuttal to my point at all. All you did was dance around my point instead of actually trying to address it.

And I've already explained my rebuttal to you, but I'll state it for you again:

"Banning assault rifles would only create a violent black market and make the problem even worse."

I refuted that opinion. So, how would it make it worse?

Ugh. No you didn't. Like I said, all you did was dance around it like a ballerina.

And It's pretty self-evident to see why creating a violent black market for assault rifles would make things even worse.

I'm not banning them. In several states they are already banned. There was a federal ban as well and everybody and the second amendment survived. We just don't want crazies or terrorists mowing people down with them. Your rhetoric sounds as though it's okay in your mind for US terrorists to have them.

Ugh. No you didn't. Like I said, all you did was dance around it like a ballerina.

And It's pretty self-evident to see why creating a violent black market for assault rifles would make things even worse.

Sorry, but I don't think you know what you're talking about. s I said, the Black market is already violent, that's why it;s called a black market: it's full of thugs and thieves and murderers. Thinning out the assault rifle population among them will only help the rest of us.

uh no you didn't Jet. You have never given a rational reason for any of the bans you want. You have bloviated about banning "assault weapons" for an indefinite period of time because you claim its needed when the facts suggest that is a lie. What you want to do is make the rest of the USA suffer the same silly idiocy that Governor Moonbeam and his Democrap allies have foisted on that state.

everything Jet posts on guns is an attempt to spread the misery

Sorry, but I don't think you know what you're talking about. s I said, the Black market is already violent, that's why it;s called a black market: it's full of thugs and thieves and murderers. Thinning out the assault rifle population among them will only help the rest of us.

more stupidity. the only "thinning" that takes place is the amount of honest people who can exercise their rights. and that is what you want

I'm not banning them. In several states they are already banned. There was a federal ban as well and everybody and the second amendment survived. We just don't want crazies or terrorists mowing people down with them. Your rhetoric sounds as though it's okay in your mind for US terrorists to have them.

blacks were oppressed for years yet the 14th amendment survived. Your attitude that its ok to rape the second amendment because it "will survive" is one of the most pathetically inane arguments I have seen from someone who is leading the board in silly anti gun comments. Banning honest people from getting firearms that are almost never used in murders does not prevent terrorists from getting them. Your own stupid state and the recent massacre there proved it

What makes you think laws apply to the lawless?

How exactly does that work?

He lives in California and is mad he cannot own stuff like we do In freer states.

he thinks a federal ban will make him feel better that we cannot own stuff his nanny government in California doesn't trust him to own

How exactly does that work?

Easy: when assault rifles and high capacity clips are banned from public sale, the supply of them begins to dry up and our chances of safer streets gets better and better as time goes on. As I said earlier, such weaponry does not grow out of the ground and the only reason enthusiasts want them is because they're cooool!!! So they have no real practical use in the public market.

I'm sorry, where did I say that?
You implied it in post #58,
I said, the Black market is already violent, that's why it;s called a black market: it's full of thugs and thieves and murderers.
Thinning out the assault rifle population among them will only help the rest of us.
The black market clearly does not pay attention to gun laws.
So why would additional gun laws thin the assault rifle population among them?

You implied it in post #58,

The black market clearly does not pay attention to gun laws.
So why would additional gun laws thin the assault rifle population among them?

(chuckle)

I never implied anything of the kind. Please note: if they can't get their hands on assault weapons, they won't be able to use them will they.

Easy: when assault rifles and high capacity clips are banned from public sale, the supply of them begins to dry up and our chances of safer streets gets better and better as time goes on. As I said earlier, such weaponry does not grow out of the ground and the only reason enthusiasts want them is because they're cooool!!! So they have no real practical use in the public market.

A former FBI agent and a Navy veteran, estimates the number in the United States now "somewhere around 8 or 9 million."

They are just going to dry up huh?

A former FBI agent and a Navy veteran, estimates the number in the United States now "somewhere around 8 or 9 million."

They are just going to dry up huh?

there are at least 100 million normal capacity magazines fro AR style rifles. dozens of people I know are stocking up on them. The US Government sold about 2 million MI carbines to US citizens as well.

that's a lie because the ten year clinton gun ban didn't do squat. and unless you ban all semi auto rifles (40+ million in US circulation) and confiscate them, criminals will still get them.

Someone who is as bankrupt in your understanding is in terms of what firearms are used for is in no position to say why others should or shouldn't have common semi auto rifles

(chuckle)

I never implied anything of the kind. Please note: if they can't get their hands on assault weapons, they won't be able to use them will they.
If there is a market demand black or otherwise, it will be filled, and it may be worse.
Currently AR style rifles are semiautomatic, if the black market begins making their own,
there are no restrictions. (because they do not pay attention to the law.)
FYI, most criminals do not want a rifle, it is a bit difficult to conceal!

Well, that's a sort of open ended question. I think that modern military style assault weapons, quick release magazine change buttons and all high capacity magazines/ clips should be restricted from the market until the country can get control of the threat they pose within the criminal element and the proliferation of such weaponry in the country is thinned to all but nonexistence. Very hard restrictions on imports of such weaponry should be put to use, wherein such weaponry is banned from importation during the period of time it takes. Extremely tough penalties should be placed on criminals who use such weaponry in the commission of their crimes: perhaps 10 years for a first offense. That alone should have some effect.

I think this will be my first post on any gun issue, It sure isn’t my preferred topic. That said, we all know when any anti-gun liberal wants anything temporary It means forever.

And the continued use of the term assault weapons is incorrect, these semi automatic rifles are not assault weapons. To want to ban certain rifles because they look scary or military like is rather silly. The banners then fall back on ease of use, Well, with the AR type of guns, that’s why they are so popular as a sporting gun and popular at the target range. Should we now ban cars that look to fast and sporty, should we ban Jeeps that are painted green, hell, they could be military looking.

I own a few guns five to be exact, the scariest one is a single shot trap load 45/70, It shoots a 405 grain cartridge. If a bear was hiding behind a tree, the bullet may not go cleanly thru the tree but it will knock the tree over to kill the bear. I also own a Henry lever action in the same caliber, not as scary because It’s a modern rifle.

It comes down to this in my opinion, the anti-gun crowd will do anything, say anything, incorrectly classify anything, spin anything to get all guns banned. What they don’t understand that this is not a solution to violence. The key to that is in the moral compass of our society , the same compass they stomp on each day.

It comes down to this in my opinion, the anti-gun crowd will do anything, say anything, incorrectly classify anything, spin anything to get all guns banned. What they don’t understand that this is not a solution to violence. The key to that is in the moral compass of our society , the same compass they stomp on each day.

That might be one of the best posts ever made on the gun control forum :applaud

Back
Top Bottom