• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How easy is it to take the Capitol?

vegas giants

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Imagine if that attack had been done by a group of highly trained soldiers dressed as protestors. They could have easily taken over congress. the Capitol needs to be secured

This was something that was running through my mind as well...I was imagining a scenario (however ludicrous it might be) similar to the events portrayed in the movie "Olympus Has Fallen" wherein a highly trained force of Secret Service protection was overrun by a determined and organized terrorist group. With how easily the capitol building was breached by a bunch of yahoos with no organizational structure, could a group bent on doing real harm to the capitol seize control of one of the major seats of government? After these recent events, I imagine such a group wouldnt even have to break a sweat. Security in the nations capitol needs a serious overhaul.

Very easy if you're white and has a Confederate flag.

Oh you're talking about a hypothetical scenario, not what happened recently.
I repeat, they would have it super easy if they're white and come with Confederate flags.

I think a very different result would happen today and I'm sure windows won't be broken out with a shield and a 2x4 in the future. It will cost U.S. millions but, in the very near future, Wednesday's siege won't be easily repeated.

This was something that was running through my mind as well...I was imagining a scenario (however ludicrous it might be) similar to the events portrayed in the movie "Olympus Has Fallen" wherein a highly trained force of Secret Service protection was overrun by a determined and organized terrorist group. With how easily the capitol building was breached by a bunch of yahoos with no organizational structure, could a group bent on doing real harm to the capitol seize control of one of the major seats of government? After these recent events, I imagine such a group wouldnt even have to break a sweat. Security in the nations capitol needs a serious overhaul.
I think the White House is more seriously protected. Those gates make a big difference

But the Capitol was a walk through

I think the White House is more seriously protected. Those gates make a big difference

But the Capitol was a walk through

does it not occur to you that may have been by design?

does it not occur to you that may have been by design?
Then it's a horrible design. Does it occur to you that that Congress could have easily been taken hostage?

Then it's a horrible design. Does it occur to you that that Congress could have easily been taken hostage?

It's like the Tylenol scare or 9/11. A crazy person or crazy people go way over the line and suddenly every one thinks, "How did we let that happen?"

Overthrowing the government is a feature, not a bug? Seems legit. That's why the 2nd amendment exist after all.

Overthrowing the government is a feature, not a bug? Seems legit. That's why the 2nd amendment exist after all.
So you support an easy overthrow of the government.

Uh.....ok. lol

Back
Top Bottom