• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How Donald Trump crushed Ted Cruz

Hawkeye10

Buttermilk Man
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Larry Kudlow

But what hasn't gotten enough attention following New York is how Trump did it, and how it will enhance his position in the rest of the primaries. My theory is this: Trump cleverly turned the tables against Ted Cruz in regard to the nationwide delegate fight, especially in Colorado. Trump outflanked Cruz.

"I believe, even if [Trump] comes up short of a majority 1,237 delegates, he will still get a first-ballot victory."
By calling the delegate-selection process "rigged," and arguing that Colorado had an election without voters, Trump turned a loss into a victory. Why? Because he put Cruz in the unenviable position of defending the status quo delegate-selection process.
Now, Cruz played by the rules in Colorado and elsewhere. And Trump was caught flat-footed, and to some extent was embarrassed by his own weak delegate-gathering team.
However, and this is the key point, Cruz argued time and again that the rules were the rules and that he simply played by them. And as Trump continuously attacked the RNC rules as being undemocratic, disenfranchising to voters, and creatures of out-of-touch Republican-party regulars, he put Cruz in the position of backing the establishment. A bad place for Cruz

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/04/22/how-donald-trump-crushed-ted-cruz-kudlow-commentary.html

Rush is saying the same thing:

Had Trump not gotten into this, Cruz would have been the outsider candidate, and the Republican Party -- everybody from Jeb to Marco, you name it -- would have been aligned against Cruz, and he would have owned that outsider position. He knew that they were gonna use every means at their disposal to beat him. So he knew he had to master the delegate rules in every state in order to have a chance to take these guys on. He was just planning way ahead.

So what happens?

In the midst of all this planning, Trump comes along, co-opts the anti-establishment position almost to exclusive ownership, all of the establishment candidates flop, and the only guy left standing who actually knows how the process works (because he had to know it if he was gonna have any chance to win against the GOP) is Cruz. So Trump paints him as the establishment guy even though Cruz is THE quintessential anti-establishment guy, because he's the one who knows how their process works and how to beat them at their own game, which is what Cruz has been doing. It is amazing the way this has all fallen out.

How Trump Stole Cruz's Renegade Mojo - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Ya see what Trump did? Just has he did with Hillary (Secret weapon Bill, "UP WITH WOMEN!") Trump took what Cruz thought was going to be his ace in the hole and he made into into a weapon against Cruz, then hung it around Cruz's neck to show everyone what a failure he is at this game. Trump just flat out humiliated Cruz.

This is politics at its best, this guy Trump is a political genius.

Last edited:
Time and time again this has happened. I'll be thinking man, Trump just made a mistake. Then later found out, wow, that wasn't a mistake after all, he's just thinking way ahead of the pack. Once, maybe twice could be just good fortune. But he's done this over and over again. This is the reason why I believe the contest between him and Hillary will not go as most expect. Trump has already been laying the groundwork for her defeat. When the time for this other shoe to drop comes, it's going to be epic.

Chapter two: How Trump got Rick-Rolled by Clinton.

Larry Kudlow

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/04/22/how-donald-trump-crushed-ted-cruz-kudlow-commentary.html

Ya see what Trump did? Just has he did with Hillary (Secret weapon Bill, "UP WITH WOMEN!") Trump took what Cruz thought was going to be his ace in the hole and he made into into a weapon against Cruz, then hung it around Cruz's neck to show everyone what a failure he is at this game. Trump just flat out humiliated Cruz.

No part of Trump is a "genius", he's just the lowest common denominator, reality-TV tripe America loves right now. Road Rules vs Real World

An atheist has hoodwinked the Republican party.

Personally, I'm ashamed.

I know that The Donald has a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected P.O.T.U.S but we owe him a debt of gratitude for exposing just how rigged our election process is.

I don't think most American's realized how little their vote actually matters in the grand scheme of things.

And a shout out to Bernie Sander's as well for bringing to the forefront how our economy is rigged to favor the few.

Neither is electable but I think they both made GREAT "message candidates."

We see why Cruz for so long did not engage with Trump, is was not because they had a deal it was because Cruz was never prepared to fight Trump, he needed Trump to go away but he needed someone else to dispatch him. But it turned out no one else had the right combination of foresight and ability to kill off Trump. Now his only play is to try to steal the nomination at Cleveland, in spite of the fact that Cruz is much hated by the establishment and in spite of the fact that stealing the nomination from Trump would also make Cruz hated on the street.

Cruz is toast, maybe even as burnt as Little Marco is ( though some serious people think Trump will pick Rubio as VP. I expect Trump to get someone better).

We see why Cruz for so long did not engage with Trump, is was not because they had a deal it was because Cruz was never prepared to fight Trump, he needed Trump to go away but he needed someone else to dispatch him. But it turned out no one else had the right combination of foresight and ability to kill off Trump. Now his only play is to try to steal the nomination at Cleveland, in spite of the fact that Cruz is much hated by the establishment and in spite of the fact that stealing the nomination from Trump would also make Cruz hated on the street.

Cruz is toast, maybe even as burnt as Little Marco is.

I can't decide if Trump reminds me more of Satan or Hitler.

That's how at least 50 percent of us conservatives feel.

I know that The Donald has a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected P.O.T.U.S but we owe him a debt of gratitude for exposing just how rigged our election process is.

I don't think most American's realized how little their vote actually matters in the grand scheme of things.

And a shout out to Bernie Sander's as well for bringing to the forefront how our economy is rigged to favor the few.

Neither is electable but I think they both made GREAT "message candidates."

I mean, some of us understood this for quite some time now. But at no point has it been so blatantly clear how rigged the system is than it has been shown during this election cycle. Trump may be an idiot, a bigot, a loudmouthed braggart, some spoiled rich kid who go richer because his daddy left him an inheritance he could invest on, some business man who has declared bankruptcy more times than the NSA could even count, but he is a GOP outsider and we see how the Party is moving to ensure only Party Members need apply.

The same is true with the DNC. Sanders, like him or hate him, comes from an opinioned platform built on an actual political ideology. Clinton is just a Corporate Shill. But she is Party and the Party only wants Party Members, others need not apply. This is how the Republocrat Party maintains their power. Status quo only.

Cruz is toast, maybe even as burnt as Little Marco is ( though some serious people think Trump will pick Rubio as VP. I expect Trump to get someone better).

Trump has been throwing out hints:

Trump: Oklahoma governor as VP is 'great' advice - CNNPolitics.com

I doubt it will be her, I don't think Trump likes her last name. :mrgreen:

No part of Trump is a "genius", he's just the lowest common denominator, reality-TV tripe America loves right now. Road Rules vs Real World

Ya ya, the american people suck, I know the argument well.

Silly comparisons, and you should know better. And no on that last. That's koolaid provided for those inclined to drink it. Step away from the edge.

I mean, some of us understood this for quite some time now. But at no point has it been so blatantly clear how rigged the system is than it has been shown during this election cycle. Trump may be an idiot, a bigot, a loudmouthed braggart, some spoiled rich kid who go richer because his daddy left him an inheritance he could invest on, some business man who has declared bankruptcy more times than the NSA could even count, but he is a GOP outsider and we see how the Party is moving to ensure only Party Members need apply.

The same is true with the DNC. Sanders, like him or hate him, comes from an opinioned platform built on an actual political ideology. Clinton is just a Corporate Shill. But she is Party and the Party only wants Party Members, others need not apply. This is how the Republocrat Party maintains their power. Status quo only.

Bought and paid for by the corporate class elite.

I do believe that you are beginning to understand why I have supported Trump since Sep 10 in spite of his obvious flaws, and why Sanders has been my #2.

Ya ya, the american people suck, I know the argument well.

We don't suck, we've just gotten lazy. That's how we've ended up with the system we have now. We were not attentive enough to the necessities of keeping a Republic, and now we're in such dire straights that Trump can lead polls.

“I apprehend no danger to our country from a foreign foe. Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger. I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing. Make them intelligent, and they will be vigilant; give them the means of detecting the wrong, and they will apply the remedy.”
― Daniel Webster

Bought and paid for by the corporate class elite.

I do believe that you are beginning to understand why I have supported Trump since Sep 10, in spite of his obvious flaws.

Trump IS a Corporate Class Elite. He's just not as controllable from a Party standpoint, which is why the GOP doesn't really like him.

Silly comparisons, and you should know better. And no on that last. That's koolaid provided for those inclined to drink it. Step away from the edge.

I know this. I've never voted for an atheist, and I'm not about to start now.

Larry Kudlow

let's see
cruz won EVERY colorado delegate
and that is then presented as tRump crushing cruz
i don't think so

but some are not content to merely smell ****
they must taste it ... and then boast about their 'discovery'

I know this. I've never voted for an atheist, and I'm not about to start now.

Well have fun supporting Clinton. Hahahahhah

GODWIN!! Everyone take a shot.

Maybe more like Nero.

Trump IS a Corporate Class Elite. He's just not as controllable from a Party standpoint, which is why the GOP doesn't really like him.

I know that's the official Trump mantra. And there is no shortage of evidence to suggest that is true. But I have to believe that part of their disdain for him is that he is, first and foremost, un-electable. He is also a babbling buffoon that brings embarrassment to their brand. Trump has obvious character defects and psychological challenges. That is what he projects. I don't think they are comfortable trying to sell a mentally defective candidate to the masses.

I thought for sure that when Trump said that he was going to stop acting like the old Trump and be more "presidential," that would light even the dimmest bulb in the brains of his remaining supporters. "This is me today but don't worry. Tomorrow I am going to act like a different person. And when I get the nomination and go up against Hillary, I will act like that other person you want me to be." If that doesn't make even his staunchest supporters go, "WTF?" then I don't ever think they will come out of their coma.

I know that's the official Trump mantra. And there is no shortage of evidence to suggest that is true. But I have to believe that part of their disdain for him is that he is, first and foremost, un-electable. He is also a babbling buffoon that brings embarrassment to their brand. Trump has obvious character defects and psychological challenges. That is what he projects. I don't think they are comfortable trying to sell a mentally defective candidate to the masses.

I thought for sure that when Trump said that he was going to stop acting like the old Trump and be more "presidential," that would light even the dimmest bulb in the brains of his remaining supporters. "This is me today but don't worry. Tomorrow I am going to act like a different person. And when I get the nomination and go up against Hillary, I will act like that other person you want me to be." If that doesn't make even his staunchest supporters go, "WTF?" then I don't ever think they will come out of their coma.

Ya, ya dont get it, this we know.

Advertising this problem may or may not be a good call, I would not want to say.....

Chapter two: How Trump got Rick-Rolled by Clinton.

trumpeters appear to be more interested in backing Trump than keeping Cankles out of office

trumpeters appear to be more interested in backing Trump than keeping Cankles out of office

I've been told for years that my vote for a 3rd party candidate is a wasted vote. Then the same yahoos want to vote for Trump. smh

Back
Top Bottom