• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How Donald Trump crushed Ted Cruz

I've been told for years that my vote for a 3rd party candidate is a wasted vote. Then the same yahoos want to vote for Trump. smh

Trump might beat Clinton. we don't know what would happen. But I have yet to see a trump supporter who seems to think that is the most important issue. Most of them are mad about say McCain or Romney or how the GOP leadership acts etc. or they support a guy who is at best a nouveau-republican because they claim Kasich really isn't conservative.

I find trump supporters to be, for the most part-deleterious to getting this country back on track

After tonight's primaries, there is no doubt in my mind that it is going to be Donald Trump v. Hillary Clinton....

2 cheeks of the same ass.

I find trump supporters to be, for the most part-deleterious to getting this country back on track

Trump seems to think that trade policy is the root of all our problems, but actually exports are a fairly small part (about 13%) of our economy. His foreign policy ideas are whacky.

As a liberal, I'm quite happy that Trump is winning, because in my opinion he all but guarantees another Democrat in the White House. This is 1964 again, and Trump is Goldwater.

Last edited:
Trump seems to think that trade policy is the root of all our problems, and actually imports and exports is a pretty small part of our economy.

As a liberal, I'm quite happy that Trump is winning, because in my opinion he all but guarantees another Democrat in the White House. This is 1964 again, and Trump is Goldwater.

tell us why Hillary is anything other than a lying failure? I find it hilarious that she got to where she is due to being married to Bill

Trump seems to think that trade policy is the root of all our problems, but actually exports are a fairly small part (about 13%) of our economy. His foreign policy ideas are whacky.

Not true. Donald Trump is George McGovern. LOL.

Unlike George, Trump will probably be the next President.

Want to make a gentleman's bet? Winner of the bet gets to pick the loser's avatar, and the loser has to wear it for a month.

Want to make a gentleman's bet? Winner of the bet gets to pick the loser's avatar, and the loser has to wear it for a month.

Yes, I'll make that wager cowboy. You're going to wear the avatar of an inverted pussee for 30 days.

Yes, I'll make that wager cowboy. You're going to wear the avatar of an inverted pussee for 30 days.

The bet is on. Witnesses please.

And, BTW, your avatar is going to read "Dana is God". LOL.

The bet is on. Witnesses please.

And, BTW, your avatar is going to read "Dana is God". LOL.

My word is bond. And dana is already most certainly a god of the Internets, without our approval. Alright daddy badass get ready to eat crow when Trump becomes POTUS.

My word is bond. And dana is already most certainly a god of the Internets, without our approval. Alright daddy badass get ready to eat crow when Trump becomes POTUS.

Won't be the first time I had to wear someone else's avatar. Of course, won't be the first time someone had to wear mine either. :mrgreen:

Won't be the first time I had to wear someone else's avatar. Of course, won't be the first time someone had to wear mine either. :mrgreen:

Good luck old sock. I bet you're wrong-O!

I can't decide if Trump reminds me more of Satan or Hitler.

That's how at least 50 percent of us conservatives feel.

Think he looks a bit like "El Duce"

Trump-Quotes-Mussolini-On-Twit.jpg

Trump might beat Clinton. we don't know what would happen. But I have yet to see a trump supporter who seems to think that is the most important issue. Most of them are mad about say McCain or Romney or how the GOP leadership acts etc. or they support a guy who is at best a nouveau-republican because they claim Kasich really isn't conservative.

Trump's positions are moderate so right away he's going to at least get a look from independents. If you look at the messaging coming Bernie Sanders he's been able to successfully attack her for her Free Trade support and with the recent revelation about the PANAMA PAPERS, Trump can hit her on that too. The U.S. had no reason to want a free trade deal with Panama unless people like Hillary wanted people to hide money overseas. Furthermore she supported and even helped write the TPP deal which Americans are overwhelmingly against.

Her middle eastern policies have been an absolute disaster From Iraq, to Libya, to arming terrorists in the middle east. An absolute trainwreck and she's had her disgusting hands all over bad policies so he can hit her hard there.

Furthermore Trump can hit her on her recent stances that she was forced to move to the left on...like her support for partial amnesty.

This thread is delicious.

Can you imagine how much fun this general election is going to be?

I can't stand Trump, I'll never vote for him. But I got to admit he's made this election a lot of fun, and if he's in the GE, he'll make that fun too.

I know this. I've never voted for an atheist, and I'm not about to start now.

That just proves you're a religious bigot. I doubt anyone is surprised. :roll:

Well have fun supporting Clinton. Hahahahhah

It'll be hysterical when everyone running is an atheist and bigots like that are running around in circles hyperventilating.

I can't shake the feeling that at least half of America is still comfortable with the establishment. Why else would we see such a Clinton support, despite her baggage and shortcomings. Just because she has a vagina doesn't make her other than a DC insider. So what's the deal, really?
I don't quite buy what is going on. It is just too bizarre.
Clinton and Trump as frontrunners. It is a strange world for sure. God help us all.

It'll be hysterical when everyone running is an atheist and bigots like that are running around in circles hyperventilating.

It would be nice, but unlikely in America. Atheists aren't a large percentage and aren't even electable. I mean, Trump even talks about god and the bible and all that nonsense all the time. I don't see where Erod is getting this "atheist" thing from anyway.

I know this. I've never voted for an atheist, and I'm not about to start now.

That is, of course, up to you. Whatever you feel most comfortable with.
But please consider this, we aren't voting for a clergy but someone who, without bias and agenda, seeks to represent all Americans, Atheists, Christians, Jews, Hindus, Sheikh, Muslims.........., keeping us save and prosperous.
If they pray to God, that is great, but I won't vote for them because they do. As a Christian, I do believe that we are governed by a person of God's choosing, whether we like that person or not. We may not understand why. Having faith means that we surrender to God's will.

Well, maybe I can help with that, TD. I am about as conservative as one can get, yet, early on I didn't really "love" any of the candidates, but then Rubio grew on me. Early on it was Rubio, and then Cruz and Fiorina in that order. What happened though was amazing to me; I saw one by one all of them systematically shown that under scrutiny each of them came off as sounding more and more like stump politicians with canned speeches, and empty rhetoric. Cruz was the most disappointing to me, as at first I liked his style, but then hearing him over and over I really came to detest listening to his tone, and delivery. This made me pay more attention to what Trump was actually doing, and saying. He was, and still isn't long on the specifics and details, but, at the same time I get a good feeling from him about his competency, and his ability to make half-time adjustments as all the great executives do.

The "other" factor, for me at least is for at least two years now I've been advocating that the GOP STOP already with using social politics as their main platform for trying to win elections. These matters, although important to some, really aren't at the forefront for any conservative, lest perhaps some evangelicals. Gay Marriage, adoption, even abortion, and now transgender bathroom habits, heck even throw in multiple marriages in the future.. They all just don't matter nearly as much as jobs, the economy, our security and fairness in trade. Trump, is the first candidate I can remember EVER that just willingly shrugs these matters off when pressed on them. I don't think he cares, to his credit about gay marriage, or abortion nearly as much as some staunch republicans, and politically Trump is correct. If these matters were on the minds, or pertinent to ones being and status in life to the point where they were at the very top, then the country would move to make these changes, or at least challenge them more aggressively. They simply aren't on the minds of that many people, and the GOP keeps bringing them up time and again as if they should be, and they campaign on them during primaries and then find it difficult to dial it to the center come the general. By that time, savvy politicians, such as Hillary, will have already defined their opponent, and it's too late.

Trump cannot be defined, all the others not only can, but they were defined successfully by Trump and to a lesser extent the democrats and the media.

So, in short, I'm a conservative, but I'm a new kind of conservative in that, I have caught on, and learned my lesson about identity politics, and what really matters to me, and what really matters to the country in the long run. Social issues, although I have personal opinions on them, some very personal, are issues that we as a people must work out on our own, and over time. They just aren't that pressing anymore..

Hillary won't be able to "label" Trump as a knuckle dragging republican on social issues so ask yourself, what else does she have? A vagina? Not going to cut it this time round. Trump is going to beat her handedly, IMO.

Tim-

Back
Top Bottom