• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How does Trump still have support after praising Putin?

SonOfDaedalus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
“I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, ‘This is genius.’ Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine—of Ukraine. Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. So, Putin is now saying, ‘It’s independent,’ a large section of Ukraine. I said, ‘How smart is that?’ And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s the strongest peace force. We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. There were more army tanks than I’ve ever seen. They’re gonna keep peace all right. No, but think of it. Here’s a guy who’s very savvy, I know him very well. Very, very well.”

The entire free world and all our allies are vociferously denouncing Putin's invasion. Not a single word denouncing Putin from Trump. Trump calls Putin smart, savvy, and genius but not a single negative adjective like tyrant, despot, or evil.

As Americans, surely we're united in our belief in freedom and democracy over Putin's authoritarian state. Opposition leaders are murdered or imprisoned in Putin's Russia. Putin is trying to reassemble the Soviet Union. The Soviet F-in Union and Trump is praising the former KGB agent.

I'm baffled that this man still has support.

The entire free world and all our allies are vociferously denouncing Putin's invasion. Not a single word denouncing Putin from Trump. Trump calls Putin smart, savvy, and genius but not a single negative adjective like tyrant, despot, or evil.

As Americans, surely we're united in our belief in freedom and democracy over Putin's authoritarian state. Opposition leaders are murdered or imprisoned in Putin's Russia. Putin is trying to reassemble the Soviet Union. The Soviet F-in Union and Trump is praising the former KGB agent.

Twenty-five percent of Americans today WANT the kind of country that Putin represents.
Ignorance is one of our biggest products in the last twenty years.
In Trump's America, it's cool to be an idiot.
I can't wait for the day when these "Americans" get a taste of life as they fantasize it.

Donald Trump is a quisling.

Look up the word.

Never heard that word before. Since we're not occupied, I guess you mean Trump is a traitor.

Quisling (/ˈkwɪzlɪŋ/, Norwegian: [ˈkvɪ̂slɪŋ]) is a term originating in Norway, which is used in Scandinavian languages and in English for a citizen or politician of an occupied country who collaborates with an enemy occupying force – or more generally as a synonym for traitor.

What has Putin ever done to us?

Twenty-five percent of Americans today WANT the kind of country that Putin represents.
I can't wait for the day when these "Americans" get a taste of life as they fantasize it.

One thing I've realized about Trump is that he has no moral character. He is completely immoral.

So, the rest of the world is morally outraged by Putin's actions but Trump just sees Putin's actions as "savvy" and "genius." In other words, he doesn't consider the morality of Putin's actions. He wishes he could do the same on our southern border.

His lack of morality explains why he could gleefully watch the Jan 6th chaos and enjoy it while guards were being injured. The man has no moral conscience. Yet people support him.

What has Putin ever done to us?

What did Hitler ever do to us before WW2? What did Saddam Hussein ever do to us?

A burglar breaks into a house in your neighborhood. What did the burglar ever do to you?

That's a shockingly immoral and selfish view of the world.

Putin is a former KGB agent and tyrant who is trying to rebuild the Soviet Union. Putin is an enemy of freedom and democracy.

Talibornagains and incels. All frustrated and sexually repressed.

What did Hitler ever do to us before WW2? What did Saddam Hussein ever do to us?
Neither of them did anything to America. FDR wanted a war with Germany for ideological reasons, and Bush Jr was an idiot.
A burglar breaks into a house in your neighborhood. What did the burglar ever do to you?
He threatens the security of my neighborhood, which is in America.
Putin is a former KGB agent and tyrant who is trying to rebuild the Soviet Union. Putin is an enemy of freedom and democracy.
Putin is the leader of a democracy.

Neither of them did anything to America. FDR wanted a war with Germany for ideological reasons, and Bush Jr was an idiot.

He threatens the security of my neighborhood, which is in America.

Putin is the leader of a democracy.

We are aware of your views. You think Putin is a great leader. The vast majority Americans believe in freedom and democracy and don't agree with you.

Trumps opinions about Putin do not fit the Constitutional definition of "treason" but he is still a complete idiot.
Trump’s opinions of Putin don’t make him anymore of a piece of shit traitor than he already is.

More evidence of Trump derangement syndrome form the loony left.

Donald Trump while not the most articulate speaker in the world was NOT congratulating Putin, he was commenting on how Putin outplayed Biden easily, and that Putin's strategy appears to be sound.... within the context of Trump criticizing Biden for being asleep at the wheel and showing total weakness, starting with the debacle in exiting Afghanistan.

Biden all but invited Putin to invade the Ukraine.

Donald Trump while not the most articulate speaker in the world was NOT congratulating Putin, he was commenting on how Putin outplayed Biden easily, and that Putin's strategy appears to be sound.... within the context of Trump criticizing Biden for being asleep at the wheel and showing total weakness, starting with the debacle in exiting Afghanistan.

Lets suppose that everything you say is accurate. Do you think that someone that inarticulate has the right skill set to be president.

Put aside any comparisons to Biden or anyone else.

All very well stated. What we are now seeing is just a continuation of libruls taking Trump statements out of context and attempting to push a narrative that they hope will deflect attention away from Dementia Joe's continued bungling.

This is where the Trump cult bends over backward to reinterpret something horrible Trump said.

Calling Putin genius and savvy is not congratulating? If someone said Osama Bin Laden was a genius for his attack on the world trade center and never condemned him, you would find that acceptable? That's outrageous. Don't you see this is cult thinking?

In that statement, Trump said, "We could use that on our southern border." Is that Trump criticizing Putin? Where in that statement does Trump do what every other world leader has done--condemn this naked act of aggression?

Putin is trying to reassemble the Soviet Union. He is a former KGB agent. Why no condemnation?

Back
Top Bottom