• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How does Trump still have support after praising Putin?

We are aware of your views. You think Putin is a great leader. The vast majority Americans believe in freedom and democracy and don't agree with you.
He gets moist whenever Putin is on TV.

So many anti-American rubes.

Lets suppose that everything you say is accurate. Do you think that someone that inarticulate has the right skill set to be president.

Put aside any comparisons to Biden or anyone else.
If you want to put aside comparisons to Biden or anyone else, you do not have a case. Biden is in serious cognitive decline. When speaking off the cuff, he is a complete gaffe prone moron and he is somebody's puppet.

Whether we support Trump or not is irrelevant at this point. There is neither real evidence to the positive or negative about this and we still have time before 2024 to align with candidates we choose.

but it's YOU all who can't shut up about him.

and using him to cover Biden's ineptitudes all the time is very telling.

If you still support Trump, you are anti-American, anti freedom trash.

Trump is a quisling, and if you still support him, you are too.

Whether we support Trump or not is irrelevant at this point. There is neither real evidence to the positive or negative about this and we still have time before 2024 to align with candidates we choose.

Someone is being REALLY defensive....

Can't process someone speaking bad about cult leader?
:D

The entire free world and all our allies are vociferously denouncing Putin's invasion. Not a single word denouncing Putin from Trump. Trump calls Putin smart, savvy, and genius but not a single negative adjective like tyrant, despot, or evil.

As Americans, surely we're united in our belief in freedom and democracy over Putin's authoritarian state. Opposition leaders are murdered or imprisoned in Putin's Russia. Putin is trying to reassemble the Soviet Union. The Soviet F-in Union and Trump is praising the former KGB agent.

I'm baffled that this man still has support.
The Trump Cult Party will always support him, they want their racist king to reign again, they want Autocracy like Russia, they love trump and his master Mr. Putin, they can't think for themselves, they have become brainwashed, they are anti-American trash, the enemy within.

If you want to put aside comparisons to Biden or anyone else, you do not have a case. Biden is in serious cognitive decline. When speaking off the cuff, he is a complete gaffe prone moron and he is somebody's puppet.
Windmills cause cancer.

Battle of Bowling Green.

Revolutionary War airfields

And so many more.

Cultists can't think outside of what cult leader tells them to.

It is odd that the left has been bleating for over a year that Trump was defeated and in declining popularity, yet they are still tying themselves in knots over how popular he still is.

The Trump Cult Party will always support him, they want their racist king to reign again, they want Autocracy like Russia, they love trump and his master Mr. Putin, they can't think for themselves, they have become brainwashed, they are anti-American trash, the enemy within.
Frightened little white angry incel snowflakes...

Someone is being REALLY defensive....

Can't process someone speaking bad about cult leader?
:D
LOL , more like i can't resist making a point that is an anti progressive stinger and full of merit. :D

Yet another case of Trump living in your head RENT FREE.

It is odd that the left has been bleating for over a year that Trump was defeated and in declining popularity, yet they are still tying themselves in knows over how popular he still is.
Yeah but just like Brokeback Mountain you Just Wish You Knew How To Quit Him.

Cults are dangerous things, they make you change your user name to inane jingoistic propaganda and make you defend the indefensible.

One thing I've realized about Trump is that he has no moral character. He is completely immoral.

So, the rest of the world is morally outraged by Putin's actions but Trump just sees Putin's actions as "savvy" and "genius." In other words, he doesn't consider the morality of Putin's actions. He wishes he could do the same on our southern border.

His lack of morality explains why he could gleefully watch the Jan 6th chaos and enjoy it while guards were being injured. The man has no moral conscience. Yet people support him.
All true, trump and all who still support this traitor are unpatriotic selfish scum.

It is odd that the left has been bleating for over a year that Trump was defeated and in declining popularity, yet they are still tying themselves in knots over how popular he still is.

He is still the leader of the Republican party. Why can't you admit he's a Putin admirer and his claims about election machines were lies? Oh, and he tried to force Pence to violate the constitution.

How can anyone support a party where the leader is a traitor to everything America stands for?

Yes, definitely hypocrites, all of them.
And, they know it.

They are the most self loathing, pathetic bunch out there.

Well, at least the ones with enough intellect to know what self loathing is...

The entire free world and all our allies are vociferously denouncing Putin's invasion. Not a single word denouncing Putin from Trump. Trump calls Putin smart, savvy, and genius but not a single negative adjective like tyrant, despot, or evil.

As Americans, surely we're united in our belief in freedom and democracy over Putin's authoritarian state. Opposition leaders are murdered or imprisoned in Putin's Russia. Putin is trying to reassemble the Soviet Union. The Soviet F-in Union and Trump is praising the former KGB agent.

Trump and Tucker are currently molding American conservatives into Putin-lovers (if they weren't already).

Putin is smart and savvy. You don't get to where he is at because you are a party puppet. That only works in this country. An evil genius no doubt. He is going to do everything and anything to make Russia a super power. Acknowledging your enemies strengths is not praise but necessary to keep them in check. I said from day one it will take a strong leader to keep Putin in check. So far Obama and now Biden have failed to get the job done. The rich and powerful of this country get more rich and more powerful supplying weapons for these wars. It is in their best interest to keep these conflicts going. Plus it is not their children dying in these endless wars/conflicts. I am sure Pelosi is already investing with her insider knowledge. Hell she might make as much money as the Clintons did with those bogus speeches.

Lets suppose that everything you say is accurate. Do you think that someone that inarticulate has the right skill set to be president.

Again, you are only making my point about Trump derangement syndrome. Donald Trump is NOT the president, Biden is, so why concern yourselves with what Donald Trump does or does not say, anymore than it matters what Jimmy Carter, or GW, or Bill Clinton would be saying about how this is going down.

Biden is the guy in charge, and he is screwing this and every damn other thing he manages up. NOTHING has gone well for Biden. Why? Can't blame Donald Trump for what Putin is doing, and Putin clearly didn't want to try any of this with Trump in office.
Put aside any comparisons to Biden or anyone else.

You on the left are losing your minds AND your focus worrying about Donald Trump, when you should be worried about Biden.

You have a point. These people probably only care about the culture war regarding race and LGBTQ issues. That's the only war they care about and Trump is their beloved non-PC general. Their hatred for Muslims, gays, POC, and undocumented immigrants is more than any love they had for American ideals.

When I think about it, these people never sincerely valued American ideals. They valued America in a nationalistic sense like the Nazis valued Germany in a fascistic patriotic sense. IF they had ever truly valued American values like freedom they would want gays to be free. If they valued equality they would want that for POC and Muslims. These people never cared about American values. So it's very easy for them to support Trump/Putin.

This is where the Trump cult bends over backward to reinterpret something horrible Trump said.

First off, I am NOT a member of the Trump cult. Didn't vote for him, and would not prefer to see him back. And that being said, he was a better choice than Hillary, and CLEARLY a better President than Biden is.
Calling Putin genius and savvy is not congratulating?
The same could be said for Hitler and Stalin. they were genius in their ability to take total control of not only their nations, but other nations too. Stalin was genius to sign a non aggression pact with Hitler, knowing FULL WELL that Hitler eventually planned to invade the USSR at some point, but Stalin bought some time for his nation to at least begin to prepare. Me saying that does mean I am a fan of Stalin, or a fan of Hitler, or a fan of Ho Chi Mihn who was also a genius. Trump was only pointing out how Putin has played his card well.

If someone said Osama Bin Laden was a genius for his attack on the world trade center and never condemned him, you would find that acceptable?
What makes you think Donald Trump is a fan of Putin? Just because Trump was not interesting in finding a reason to go to war with Putin or with China, does not mean Trump was unnaware of their menace; Trump just chose to replace words with ACTION. Note that Putin towed the line when Trump was President, and I don't think it was because Putin respected Trump, I think Putin figured Trump was not a man to make idle threats if pushed.

That's outrageous. Don't you see this is cult thinking?

Not from me, I'm not a fan of Donald Trump. Which isn't to say Trump didn't do some things well. Same way Putin does some things well. Same way JFK and FDR did some things well. You see, unlike YOU I am able to see the good and the bad without being tied to a political anchor determined only by a "D" or a "R" next to a name.
In that statement, Trump said, "We could use that on our southern border." Is that Trump criticizing Putin?
No, that is Trump asking why Biden is so concerned about protecting Ukraine's borders, and then Biden totally IGNORING protecting our own borders.

Where in that statement does Trump do what every other world leader has done--condemn this naked act of aggression?
You need to read some history books. Do you actually believe that the United States, Britain, France, Spain, Italy, Turkey and many more NATO nations have no history of "bare naked aggression"? And what about Germany for f--- sake? No history of "bare naked aggression there?

Do you actually believe that from a Russian's perspective that they feel our side(s) have always been the "good guys"? Unless you actually believe we are really the good guys all the time, and not just because the current DEMOCRAT president says so, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Putin is trying to reassemble the Soviet Union. He is a former KGB agent. Why no condemnation?

What, Russia/Soviets were not allowed to have their own clandestine organization? Do you really actually believe the CIA and MI6, the so called "good guys" never got their hands dirty? LOL

More and more are waking up every day though.

Younger generations are more progressive. Your way of thinking is in its death throes. Much like how the radical Muslims have violently opposed democracy and women's rights, you ultra-nationalists are seeing a more and more global-minded world. You all can keep throwing your hissy fits, but ultimately you will lose.

The same could be said for Hitler and Stalin. they were genius in their ability to take total control of not only their nations, but other nations too. Stalin was genius to sign a non aggression pact with Hitler, knowing FULL WELL that Hitler eventually planned to invade the USSR at some point, but Stalin bought some time for his nation to at least begin to prepare. Me saying that does mean I am a fan of Stalin, or a fan of Hitler, or a fan of Ho Chi Mihn who was also a genius. Trump was only pointing out how Putin has played his card well.

Except in the larger context of the matter, it is clear Trump adores authoritarian-types like Putin. He wishes he was Putin.

Back
Top Bottom