• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How does the Prosperity Gospel work? Where do they find support for Jesus wanting...

Paralogic

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
... his followers to be monetary and financial rich?

I don't get it. Please explain.

Re: How does the Prosperity Gospel work? Where do they find support for Jesus wanting

It's pure exploitation.

Re: How does the Prosperity Gospel work? Where do they find support for Jesus wanting

It's pure exploitation.

Snake oil salesmen were pure exploitation too... but why is this Prosperity Gospel so successful?

It doesn't work. It is a false gospel that is told by cherry picking data so that only a few people
make a ton of money off of it.

it really makes me sick to hear the garbage that these guys spew. these are the guys that Christ would
have chased out of the temple and flipped their tables.

They take a few passages out of the bible to distort them into something else.

Snake oil salesmen were pure exploitation too... but why is this Prosperity Gospel so successful?

It makes promises that it can't deliver unfortunately people believe this nonsense.

It is exploiting people's religious beliefs and their desperation. It's real sick when you think about it. Though, most of religion preys on people's weakness in order to get them to support the large organization. The "prosperity gospel" is just the lazy and unimaginative ones.

Wouldn't it be nice to believe in a God that wants to serve you and make you rich and powerful?

It's an attractive gospel and fits in well with the overarching materialist / capitalist worldview that already exists in the US today. It's a gospel almost tailor made for the "me centered" consumerist mentality of the USA.

Prosperity Gospel, like Poverty Gospel, is a bastardization of the Message. Your holiness isn't determined by or indicated by your level of stuff, it's a gift of God.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

I'm a Christian and have always thought it was exploitation, pure and simple

Back
Top Bottom