• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How does the President impact your day to day life?

It is your argument that you are not impacted by terrible policies on the virus. It is my argument that you are, at least, by having society far more dangerous on the virus; and I hadn't even gotten to things like the economic impact. There are many stores YOU cannot shop at now because of the increased economic impact from trump's mishandling.

The fact you say you aren't worried about the virus is your own delusion not worthy of a response. I could show a lot of people who said what you did, and then got the virus and said they were wrong. Not wasting the time.

specifically, would you have done differently if you were he ?
Me ? I would not have closed anything.

Obviously I go over scheduling, safety, finances, possibilities, etc all the time, its part of running a household...

how would you apply that basis to the nation's operation?

specifically, would you have done differently if you were he ?

Specifically would require me to spend a long time collecting expert advice I would have followed, which would be a waste of my time IMO. Suffice it to say I would have followed the medical advice, and you can look at the rest of the world for different results by doing so.

Me ? I would not have closed anything.

Which would have resulted in even far MORE harm.

One point you raise here is quite valid, the vaccines will come when they come at this point, regardless of who is president.

now who gets the vaccines first ... i think that will turn out to be a very political question for at least for first one to three months.

Thinking more on this.... I mentioned the Salk vaccine...
Salk had a few detractors... it actually was found to cause some cases of polio . It'd be reasonable to expect the same from any covid vaccine. It''l probably be a bit of a roller coaster ride the first year.

Thinking more on this.... I mentioned the Salk vaccine...
Salk had a few detractors... it actually was found to cause some cases of polio . It'd be reasonable to expect the same from any covid vaccine. It''l probably be a bit of a roller coaster ride the first year.

I have asked that question as well. As fast as this is coming along, I don't know how that works in terms of the normal validation about side effects.

It makes me nervous due to my mentioned personal situation, if it turns out to be problematic, there may be a death in my household.

I might be willing to take the vaccine myself after I feel like there has been sufficient validation with the people who take it before me. However, I am lucky enough to have been working from home before this whole thing got started and I have a bit of flexibility in that regard.

Specifically would require me to spend a long time collecting expert advice I would have followed, which would be a waste of my time IMO. Suffice it to say I would have followed the medical advice, and you can look at the rest of the world for different results by doing so.

Which would have resulted in even far MORE harm.

So you would have done as the President has done. Maybe more efficiently ?

As to what I would have done .... we'll never know with certainty, will we.

In an election year with the incumbent one of the most controversial political figures ever I am genuinely curious about the President's impact on each of your day to day lives. How has your day to day life changed since Trump has been president? Do you anticipate it changing if Biden wins?

Please don't respond with crap about COVID because no matter who was president during this all of our lives would still be impacted in a similar way currently. It seems to me that many presidential decisions are more foreign policy based and geared towards the future as local politicians have more day to day impact. It just humors me how much people lose their minds on both sides over who is president. The only thing that changed in my day to day life since Trump has been president is I pay less in taxes. If Biden wins I don't anticipate much to change except probably paying more in taxes again. Obviously every individual is different so I'm curious to hear how who holds office affects your day to day life.

Nervous diarrhea, mostly. Living across the border from you guys while you have a psychopath in office is a bit scary.

Nervous diarrhea, mostly. Living across the border from you guys while you have a psychopath in office is a bit scary.

Why is it scary for you? It's not scary living here.

I have asked that question as well. As fast as this is coming along, I don't know how that works in terms of the normal validation about side effects.

It makes me nervous due to my mentioned personal situation, if it turns out to be problematic, there may be a death in my household.

I might be willing to take the vaccine myself after I feel like there has been sufficient validation with the people who take it before me. However, I am lucky enough to have been working from home before this whole thing got started and I have a bit of flexibility in that regard.

I truly wish you, and yours', well being; and believe, with personal prudence the odds are in your favor by far...

lol...no? Things business as usual down there, are they? :lol:

Despite what you see on TV yes it is business as usual down here. How's it going up there?

Despite what you see on TV yes it is business as usual down here. How's it going up there?

Well, let's see. Our covid cases have been traced to America, not China. We've been constantly accused of being a national security threat, despite being your best trade partner, which generally ends up in unnecessary economic chaos, most recently during a pandemic, so that was awesome, especially for those folks who lost their jobs, they're having a great time. We've had a ringside seat to the gong show, and some of that has spilled over the border, affecting our more impressionable dumbasses, who see all of this and decide that's what they want for Canada.

I mean, I could go on, but I think you get the picture...though I am probably extending the benefit of the doubt in vain, given your notion that 2020 has been business as usual for you. Kinda resembles a dumpster fire from up here.

So you would have done as the President has done. Maybe more efficiently ?

No, trump almost entirely ignored the medical community, and did almost nothing that would have helped - in fact, he appears to have run a sabotage campaign to prevent blue states from getting PPE.

As to what I would have done .... we'll never know with certainty, will we.

We know.

Well, let's see. Our covid cases have been traced to America, not China. We've been constantly accused of being a national security threat, despite being your best trade partner, which generally ends up in unnecessary economic chaos, most recently during a pandemic, so that was awesome, especially for those folks who lost their jobs, they're having a great time. We've had a ringside seat to the gong show, and some of that has spilled over the border, affecting our more impressionable dumbasses, who see all of this and decide that's what they want for Canada.

I mean, I could go on, but I think you get the picture...though I am probably extending the benefit of the doubt in vain, given your notion that 2020 has been business as usual for you. Kinda resembles a dumpster fire from up here.

I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well. It is very unfortunate that your Covid cases have been traced to America whose cases are traced to multiple other countries. If only someone else were president during this time no cases would have shown up in America.

I'm sorry to hear things aren't going well. It is very unfortunate that your Covid cases have been traced to America whose cases are traced to multiple other countries. If only someone else were president during this time no cases would have shown up in America.

Oh, I doubt that very highly. It is unfathomable that the richest, most powerful country in the world would have the fourth highest infection rate (per million) in the world. That sentence alone will ensure Trump's presidency is well covered in the history books.

No, trump almost entirely ignored the medical community, and did almost nothing that would have helped - in fact, he appears to have run a sabotage campaign to prevent blue states from getting PPE.

We know.

:roll: :doh you only think you know,
but,
you don't know

Oh, I doubt that very highly. It is unfathomable that the richest, most powerful country in the world would have the fourth highest infection rate (per million) in the world. That sentence alone will ensure Trump's presidency is well covered in the history books.

Deaths per 100K aren't that out of line but yes I agree it would seem that a country with the means of the US should report better numbers. I believe you have to factor in the inability to control individual behavior, underlying conditions, and state government decisions in infections/deaths as well. New York was a disaster due to the Governor's decisions. But I guess that is part of being president. All blame is associated with the bad things but rarely the good.

Deaths per 100K aren't that out of line but yes I agree it would seem that a country with the means of the US should report better numbers. I believe you have to factor in the inability to control individual behavior, underlying conditions, and state government decisions in infections/deaths as well. New York was a disaster due to the Governor's decisions. But I guess that is part of being president. All blame is associated with the bad things but rarely the good.

What good?

Deaths per 100k have nothing to do with Trump, it has to do with your health care infrastructure and your state and local response. The measure of leadership is how many people got infected in the first place, and how does that compare to other countries.

What good?

Deaths per 100k have nothing to do with Trump, it has to do with your health care infrastructure and your state and local response. The measure of leadership is how many people got infected in the first place, and how does that compare to other countries.

The measure of leadership? Nobody knew what the hell was going on and then everywhere essentially shut down once we realized how this was affecting people. Then state's are making decisions that are killing off thousands of elderly people and that is Trump's fault how?

In an election year with the incumbent one of the most controversial political figures ever I am genuinely curious about the President's impact on each of your day to day lives. How has your day to day life changed since Trump has been president? Do you anticipate it changing if Biden wins?

Please don't respond with crap about COVID because no matter who was president during this all of our lives would still be impacted in a similar way currently. It seems to me that many presidential decisions are more foreign policy based and geared towards the future as local politicians have more day to day impact. It just humors me how much people lose their minds on both sides over who is president. The only thing that changed in my day to day life since Trump has been president is I pay less in taxes. If Biden wins I don't anticipate much to change except probably paying more in taxes again. Obviously every individual is different so I'm curious to hear how who holds office affects your day to day life.

you received CentGov Welfare.

:roll: :doh you only think you know,
but,
you don't know

I know. You don't. You think no closing would be a good idea, so there's no reason to talk to you further.

I know. You don't. You think no closing would be a good idea, so there's no reason to talk to you further.

your statement is spoken as a true RCPUSA tyrannical authoritarian .

Peace of mind.

With Trump in office, every single day there is news and comments about him and generally speaking they are all negative. We all have problems that we deal with every day that take our attention and cause us stress. To have more stress on an every day basis and anger regarding injustice being done is not something that we need and much less enjoy. We don't need to be worrying about other countries, about illegal aliens, about elections, about wages, and about injustice and Trump brings all of that to us on an every day basis.

That is how he has impacted my life.

Back
Top Bottom