• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How does the President impact your day to day life?

I would change your response to "could" have caused far less harm. To act like any other person you put in the seat would have been much better is silly.

No, to pretend that just about anyone would not have done far better than trump is what's silly.

But yes I definitely agree and understand that the President has a far greater impact on other aspects but that is why I asked about daily life. Because at the end of the day it really doesn't affect people but they lose their mind when discussing politics.

I think you're onto something in recognizing how many 'lose their minds discussing politics', but that arguing that all that matters is their daily life in discussing the presidency is the wrong way to try to get them to understand that. A better point for example, would be to discuss how people are indoctrinated by massive propaganda.

WRONG

Trump F'd it up,

He was briefed in January when Repug Senators sold their stocks

He called it a hoax,

Was against masks and refused to wear one until last month,

Pushed a medication that did not work and in the past month praised a crazy woman doctor who pushed it along with demons and alien DNA,.

Well just looking at your signature it is obvious you are incapable of having rational non-partisan thoughts regardless of the topic so we will end there.

The constant and over-the-top grab for attention, which is generally bogus, insulting, and has little to do with actual factual relevent politics. It would be refreshing to read or watch the news (or where ever he continually pops up) without the first 10 articles being all trump, all the time.

blame the media for that..

-shrug- hasn't impacted mine...

It's put you in an environment that is far more dangerous for the virus. Your argument is that if some people put a bullet in revolvers and pull the trigger aiming at you with a chance the bullet will be fired, but it isn't, then you're not affected by that. You were, by putting you at risk.

Always been that way...
the communists are worse.

Well just looking at your signature it is obvious you are incapable of having rational non-partisan thoughts regardless of the topic so we will end there.

Their signature has one error, that we can't say there will never be a worse president, but otherwise is correct and it's your disagreement with it that is not rational.

I've been stuck inside all summer because the federal government couldn't be bothered to work with the states to get a handle on COVID, plus I had a paycut for a while due to the resulting economic shock. My girlfriend lost her job due to COVID as well and just recently found another one.

And now due to his stupid crap trying to force open schools, I cannot go see one of my friends since their school has already had an incident.

It's your choice to react as you do.. you choose to stay sequestered.

No, to pretend that just about anyone would not have done far better than trump is what's silly.

I think you're onto something in recognizing how many 'lose their minds discussing politics', but that arguing that all that matters is their daily life in discussing the presidency is the wrong way to try to get them to understand that. A better point for example, would be to discuss how people are indoctrinated by massive propaganda.

Possibly but we don't know that. We are in pretty unchartered waters and to just think that we would all be back to normal life if Joe Biden or Barack Obama or George Bush was president during this is just not true in my opinion. Trump definitely could have handled things better but in hindsight, it is easy to point at those things.

It's your choice to react as you do.. you choose to stay sequestered.

Of course its my choice, but it is reason to react accordingly to one's environment and thanks to Trump, my environment is less safe this year than last.

So the fact that this is my choice is irrelevant to the conversation.

Possibly but we don't know that. We are in pretty unchartered waters and to just think that we would all be back to normal life if Joe Biden or Barack Obama or George Bush was president during this is just not true in my opinion. Trump definitely could have handled things better but in hindsight, it is easy to point at those things.

One point you raise here is quite valid, the vaccines will come when they come at this point, regardless of who is president.

now who gets the vaccines first ... i think that will turn out to be a very political question for at least for first one to three months.

WRONG...and don't tell people how to respond and perhaps you should have said besides Covid how did it impact you.

Trump F'd it up,

He was briefed in January when Repug Senators sold their stocks

He called it a hoax,

Was against masks and refused to wear one until last month,

Pushed a medication that did not work and in the past month praised a crazy woman doctor who pushed it along with demons and alien DNA,.

you are incorrect.

One point you raise here is quite valid, the vaccines will come when they come at this point, regardless of who is president.

now who gets the vaccines first ... i think that will turn out to be a very political question for at least for first one to three months.

Agreed. We know they have to go through extensive testing, then likely be administered to first responders and the elderly (especially those with underlying conditions) before it reaches most of us. Maybe early 2021 before this happens? Aka we can't stay locked down. This is a whole other discussion of how we should handle Covid at the moment. My short response is those under 65ish without underlying conditions should be going about their normal life and wear masks in crowded locations and avoid direct contact with the elderly.

Agreed. We know they have to go through extensive testing, then likely be administered to first responders and the elderly (especially those with underlying conditions) before it reaches most of us. Maybe early 2021 before this happens? Aka we can't stay locked down. This is a whole other discussion of how we should handle Covid at the moment. My short response is those under 65ish without underlying conditions should be going about their normal life and wear masks in crowded locations and avoid direct contact with the elderly.

My main personal concern is that my GF gets one as she has an underlying medical condition which makes the situation for her quite dangerous as she is already prone to blood clotting issues.

I have an elevated risk factor, but nothing me or my doctor thinks is to the level I should live in a bubble so to speak.

It's put you in an environment that is far more dangerous for the virus. Your argument is that if some people put a bullet in revolvers and pull the trigger aiming at you with a chance the bullet will be fired, but it isn't, then you're not affected by that. You were, by putting you at risk.

That's Not My argument ... maybe yours, eh?
I'm not afraid; too many are.

In an election year with the incumbent one of the most controversial political figures ever I am genuinely curious about the President's impact on each of your day to day lives. How has your day to day life changed since Trump has been president? Do you anticipate it changing if Biden wins?

Please don't respond with crap about COVID because no matter who was president during this all of our lives would still be impacted in a similar way currently. It seems to me that many presidential decisions are more foreign policy based and geared towards the future as local politicians have more day to day impact. It just humors me how much people lose their minds on both sides over who is president. The only thing that changed in my day to day life since Trump has been president is I pay less in taxes. If Biden wins I don't anticipate much to change except probably paying more in taxes again. Obviously every individual is different so I'm curious to hear how who holds office affects your day to day life.

This topic has a false premise since it is obvious that we are the worst effected nation from Covid 19 and that is on Trump. Covid 19 is the great equalizer and we can judge our leaders by their performance in combating this plague. Trump is a abject failure by any measure and it effects all of our lives greatly. By Nov. there will be no one that has not lost their job or a friend or loved one from this out of control disease. We will never be rid of it until Trump is gone. Be sure to vote for Biden if you want to live.

A faster response could have prevented most U.S. Covid-19 deaths - STAT

Last edited:
My main personal concern is that my GF gets one as she has an underlying medical condition which makes the situation for her quite dangerous as she is already prone to blood clotting issues.

I have an elevated risk factor, but nothing me or my doctor thinks is to the level I should live in a bubble so to speak.

And that is the extremely tough situation we are in and a situation that would be the same no matter who is in charge. I hope both of you stay healthy!

In an election year with the incumbent one of the most controversial political figures ever I am genuinely curious about the President's impact on each of your day to day lives. How has your day to day life changed since Trump has been president? Do you anticipate it changing if Biden wins?

Please don't respond with crap about COVID because no matter who was president during this all of our lives would still be impacted in a similar way currently. It seems to me that many presidential decisions are more foreign policy based and geared towards the future as local politicians have more day to day impact. It just humors me how much people lose their minds on both sides over who is president. The only thing that changed in my day to day life since Trump has been president is I pay less in taxes. If Biden wins I don't anticipate much to change except probably paying more in taxes again. Obviously every individual is different so I'm curious to hear how who holds office affects your day to day life.

The spread of COVID through America is impacting our lives, more than others depending where you live. My husband is in a foreign country and can’t get a flight home. The country is horribly divided, and yes, it has its emotional impacts on people and families. We don’t agree on facts anymore. Trump himself promotes fake news, and he is an extremely corrupted person. My taxes went up. My healthcare costs went up. The trade war impacts the prices we pay. Many dairy farms in my area have gone bankrupt. Families are separated by travel bans.

I am trying to save money, because I feel very certain the economy is about to crash no matter who is elected. I know people who have lost their jobs permanently already. I am not happy what Trump is doing to the post office and attempting to tamper with voting rights.

I also have to deal with Trump being a massive liar, the most corrupt and inadequate leader in history, and his promotion of misinformation. I hope Americans vote to protect the voting rights of all Americans, and I would like this country to agree on what is factual and a lie again. I hope this country can be less divided and come together to protect the rights of all, and be above partisan corruption and partisan excuse making.

And that is the extremely tough situation we are in and a situation that would be the same no matter who is in charge. I hope both of you stay healthy!

It hasn't been an easy year, that's for sure.

We have had blessings too though and at least one miracle hit our household.

Thank you!

Of course its my choice, but it is reason to react accordingly to one's environment and thanks to Trump, my environment is less safe this year than last.

So the fact that this is my choice is irrelevant to the conversation.

Have you ever given thought to your own specific plan that would have created different outcomes?

The spread of COVID through America is impacting our lives, more than others depending where you live. My husband is in a foreign country and can’t get a flight home. The country is horribly divided, and yes, it has its emotional impacts on people and families. We don’t agree on facts anymore. Trump himself promotes fake news, and he is an extremely corrupted person. My taxes went up. My healthcare costs went up. The trade war impacts the prices we pay. Many dairy farms in my area have gone bankrupt. Families are separated by travel bans.

I am trying to save money, because I feel very certain the economy is about to crash no matter who is elected. I know people who have lost their jobs permanently already. I am not happy what Trump is doing to the post office and attempting to tamper with voting rights.

I also have to deal with Trump being a massive liar, the most corrupt and inadequate leader in history, and his promotion of misinformation. I hope Americans vote to protect the voting rights of all Americans, and I would like this country to agree on what is factual and a lie again. I hope this country can be less divided and come together to protect the rights of all, and be above partisan corruption and partisan excuse making.

I'm sorry to hear that. It seems that many unfortunate circumstances are hitting you right now. My taxes went down and healthcare costs didn't really change so it is interesting to hear how things are different for others.

Can't argue about the impact the election will have on the economy. I don't even know what to expect at this point.

Trump is very egotistical and spews a lot of nonsense. I 100% believe the media has a lot to do with the division of our nation. Trump certainly makes himself an easy to target but I think hate of Trump and media coverage has enticed division more than he does himself.

just speculation here, based upon recall (IIRC) of the first Polio vaccines (Salk) .. they were first given to the biggest clinical test group in existence .. The U.S. Military.

I fear going out on the street under any President.

I feared going out under President Obama.
I have feared going out under President Trump.

I will really ( = very much) fear going out under de facto President Harris. Certain elements of society are completely out of control now. The Dems refused to curb them because they wanted the violence to embarrass President Trump. They have unleashed a can of worms. The bad elements are now feeling their oats. They know that they will be able to do anything, and the Dem administration will turn a blind eye.

Many people (including me) are terrified of what will happen.

P.S. President Trump tried his best to suppress the violence, but even the military refused to back him up. Then when he sent fed agents to protect fed buildings from arson (sometimes with employees still inside the buildings), the Speaker of the House called the agents "stormtroopers."

That's Not My argument ... maybe yours, eh?
I'm not afraid; too many are.

It is your argument that you are not impacted by terrible policies on the virus. It is my argument that you are, at least, by having society far more dangerous on the virus; and I hadn't even gotten to things like the economic impact. There are many stores YOU cannot shop at now because of the increased economic impact from trump's mishandling.

The fact you say you aren't worried about the virus is your own delusion not worthy of a response. I could show a lot of people who said what you did, and then got the virus and said they were wrong. Not wasting the time.

Have you ever given thought to your own specific plan that would have created different outcomes?

Obviously I go over scheduling, safety, finances, possibilities, etc all the time, its part of running a household...

Back
Top Bottom