• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How does Europe and the UK fight this wave of extremism?[W:95]

Your response of "well, I care about white people shooting white people" is rather underwhelming.

You said
But the victims of these groups weren't WASPs for the most part, and the attackers weren't Muslims, so of course your underwhelmed.

To which I stated that my opinion of Breivik is that he's scum. Please show me where I state that I don't care about "white people killing white people".

You said

To which I stated that my opinion of Breivik is that he's scum. Please show me where I state that I don't care about "white people killing white people".

You didn't. You stated the opposite of that. Perhaps you misunderstood?

My point was that because the victims of these far right groups weren't WASPs (or at least ASPs) and the members of those groups weren't Muslims, you were less then interested.

You didn't. You stated the opposite of that. Perhaps you misunderstood?

My point was that because the victims of these far right groups weren't WASPs (or at least ASPs) and the members of those groups weren't Muslims, you were less then interested.

Aside from Breivik, most of your links are concerning things that happened before I was even born. And the rest are not worth comparing to the severity of modern radical Islam.

Salafists (most) consider the term Wahhabism derogatory and prefer to describe themselves as Salafist. Nevertheless both terms are considered to be synonymous. That people in Saudi will refer to themselves as Muslim is a given. In the context stated it's also a silly point. Iranians refer to themselves as muslims as well as do most Indonesians.

World wide there are some 50 million Salafists

ISIS is strictly Salafist.

Aside from Breivik, most of your links are concerning things that happened before I was even born. And the rest are not worth comparing to the severity of modern radical Islam.

The Barbary Coast piracy happened long before you were born. So did the Civil War. So did World War One. Does that mean those aren't relevant too?

Pretty sure somebody who gets killed by a shark is just as dead as one who gets killed by a lion.

Salafists (most) consider the term Wahhabism derogatory and prefer to describe themselves as Salafist. Nevertheless both terms are considered to be synonymous. That people in Saudi will refer to themselves as Muslim is a given. In the context stated it's also a silly point. Iranians refer to themselves as muslims as well as do most Indonesians.

World wide there are some 50 million Salafists

ISIS is strictly Salafist.

Interesting, so out of a population of 1.6 billion Muslims, 1/32 hold the same views as Isis, and could possibly commit violence in the name of Islam.

The Barbary Coast piracy happened long before you were born. So did the Civil War. So did World War One. Does that mean those aren't relevant too?

Barbary coast slavery enslaved about a million Christian Europeans.

620,000 died in the American Civil War.

116,000 died in WW1.

Yes I care about those, particularly the civil war and World War One, as they helped to shape world history.
------

Now lets look at these attacks that you think are supposed to be of such significance -

1.Anti-Muslim bombings in Paris, Cannes and Nice.

In total one person was killed (in the Nice hostel bombing), George Iordachescu, a Romanian exile.

2. Grupos Antiterroristas de Liberación

30 killed over a span of 4 years. GAL hasn't exist at present for about 30 years.

3. Warriors of Christ the King

Exactly 2 killings occurred in a span of 12 years. No one from said group were ever convicted. Group hasn't existed for 36 years.

4. First of October Anti-Fascist Resistance Groups

You saved the Marxists for dead last! Haha, not surprised.

Since its inception in 1975 to 2007 it has assassinated 84 people.

A radical Islamist just killed as many people in one night in Nice, France as First of October groups have done in 32 years!!
-------

See why you guys never win this argument?

Ok, I have a game: Who's going to be the first to mention the IRA?!
That will totally prevent the next Islamic jihadist from striking Europe.

116,000 died in WW1.

Yes I care about those, particularly the civil war and World War One, as they helped to shape world history.
------

Now lets look at these attacks that you think are supposed to be of such significance -

In total one person was killed (in the Nice hostel bombing), George Iordachescu, a Romanian exile.

30 killed over a span of 4 years. GAL hasn't exist at present for about 30 years.

Exactly 2 killings occurred in a span of 12 years. No one from said group were ever convicted. Group hasn't existed for 36 years.

A radical Islamist just killed as many people in one night in Nice, France as First of October groups have done in 32 years!!
-------

Silly number-juggling isn't an argument, and dead people are not a game.

116,000 died in WW1.

------

-------

What. Are you serious? Millions of people died in the First World War. That's a little bit basic.

Silly number-juggling isn't an argument, and dead people are not a game.

Apparently they are the price we pay for "diversity".

Some diversity is nice. I love going to Chinatown in San Francisco, or going to a Vietnamese restaurant in San Jose.

I don't however want to die for diversity, or see anyone killed for it.

Uh huh. Despite barely being in the war we still took all those casualties. That's not exactly minor.

Yes, speaking of the basic I told you about, there's a class called Basic Reading Comprehension that is offered by most colleges. I highly recommend it.

I listed WW1 American casualties because it's not a minor sum, you see. Sorry I don't have a story of some absurd bombing that killed no one to share with you. You really seem to do backflips for those.

Yes, speaking of the basic I told you about, there's a class called Basic Reading Comprehension that is offered by most colleges. I highly recommend it.

I listed WW1 American casualties because it's not a minor sum, you see. Sorry I don't have a story of some absurd bombing that killed no one to share with you. You really seem to do backflips for those.

Absurd bombing :roll:

Yes, most terrorist attacks are pretty ****tily planned. Not my fault Christians(with the exception of the IRA) don't have it together

Absurd bombing :roll:

Yes, most terrorist attacks are pretty ****tily planned. Not my fault Christians(with the exception of the IRA) don't have it together

Virtually none of the terrorists on your list were Christian. I already told you that Breivik was pagan. First of October were Marxist. You're another one who sees a white person and thinks "Christian".

Anyway I jumped in here to destroy your list. Mission accomplished.

Virtually none of the terrorists on your list were Christian. I already told you that Breivik was pagan. First of October were Marxist. You're another one who sees a white person and thinks "Christian".

I would extend that list to include racist, xenophobe, and Islamophobe before he does.:lamo

Is the IRA not Christian now?

The enforcement arms of a half a dozen different diactorships like Francoist Spain, Portugal, and Iron Guard Romania aren't Christian now?

The Maronite militias in Lebanon don't count as Christians?

I would extend that list to include racist, xenophobe, and Islamophobe before he does.:lamo

Check out his list man, its laughable. He tries to offer that up as if it zeros out whats going on now with Muslim terrorism. Some of his links are to radical groups that went out of biz 40 years ago! Lol.

Moderator's Warning:
Here's the topic. "How does Europe and the UK fight this wave of extremism?" If your posts aren't clearly, and primarily, tied directly to the topic, then you should not be making them in this thread. Continued attempts to derail this thread will result in action being taken. Thanks.

~ Interestingly, Isis are not Wahhabists, proving that Muslim terrorism is not isolated to one off shoot of a particular sect.

With regard to Europe and combating extremism and terrorism, you are in the wrong.

would you give me an example of any case where that helped?

The Roman Empire? The Mongolian Empire? There are actually a lot of examples out there. Of course, that would be genocide and then you will have become what you're killing.

Such threads cause most Europeans to glance enquiringly at each other, while people who only recently discovered their countries' existence tell them what it's like to live there.

Such threads cause most Europeans to glance enquiringly at each other, while people who only recently discovered their countries' existence tell them what it's like to live there.

Quite.

Back
Top Bottom