• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How do you use your remote control?

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Me? I flip on the channel guide and page through that to see what I'd like to watch.

Tommy Boy? He spends the first ten minutes flipping through channels one at a time to see what looks interesting. Settles on one, then begins flipping again. What's up with that???

Drives me nuckin' futz.

Direct TV - scan the guide first, and make primary and secondary decisions.

More data input means faster decisions.

One channel at a time is inefficient.

I'm on Team Tommy Boy

I usually have something on the DVR. If not, I'll go straight to the premiums to see if there's a movie on that I want to watch. If nothing there, I head back to the regular cable channels.

Me? I flip on the channel guide and page through that to see what I'd like to watch.

Tommy Boy? He spends the first ten minutes flipping through channels one at a time to see what looks interesting. Settles on one, then begins flipping again. What's up with that???

Drives me nuckin' futz.

My problem with the guide is that by the time I get to the end, I forgot what was on the other channels! :lol:

I prefer to leave the TV off. Seriously, I turned it on 2 times this year. Once to watch my cat from hell and another time when my fiance's friend came over. I can't stand commercials and I'm too lazy to record a show and fast forward through them. I do watch some shows online but only because they have the commercials edited out.

I usually only turn on the TV when I want to watch something specific. About the only thing I watch live anymore is baseball games; everything else is DVR'd. So, I either go directly to the channel the game is on, or open up my DVR list.

I stick it down my pants when I am out walking to impress the ladies.

I stick it down my pants when I am out walking to impress the ladies.

Do you put it down the front?

Stosh was new to America, and he couldn't find himself a lady. He was at the beach one day, saw a muscled young man surrounded by young women....took him aside and asked him his secret. The young man looked him up and down and said, "Well, if you REALLY want to attract women, you're going to have to get yourself one of those bikini-type swimsuits and work on your tan. So Stosh did just that. Beautiful tan he got!!

But to no avail. Still, no women. He ran into that young man again and complained. "Well, the young man said, you might try putting a potato down your swimsuit....it's workin' for me." So Stosh went to the grocery store and bought himself a potato. He was SOOOOOO excited!!!!!! He'd finally found the secret.

Still no ladies. Poor Stosh. Next time he ran into that same young man he said, "You LIED to me! What is your secret???? The guy looked at him and said, "Well, I put the potato down the FRONT of my suit."

Last edited:
i use the remote to .... put on netflix or amazonprime :)

somehow my wife still ends up with the remote, watching 10 second blips of every program....

Back
Top Bottom