• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How do you take coffee?

EMNofSeattle

No Russian ever called me deplorable
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Cream? Sugar? Milk?

I personally like black drip. Use starbucks pike place or starbucks French roast.

Usually my first cup in the morning I'll put just a little bit of heavy whipping cream in it. Rest of the pot goes in the thermos and I sip it black throughot the day.

For you coffee drinkers, how do you do it?

ad5f68cf495f405184c7c76197825c17.jpg

I don't like hot coffee much.

Cream? Sugar? Milk?

I personally like black drip. Use starbucks pike place or starbucks French roast.

Usually my first cup in the morning I'll put just a little bit of heavy whipping cream in it. Rest of the pot goes in the thermos and I sip it black throughot the day.

I make ice coffee.
I use a flavored creamer,couple tablespoons of sugar and in a couple cups of coffee.Which I add to a 32 oz glass filled with ice. If I am using cold brew coffee then I might add a little less sugar since the ice melting doesn't dilute the flavor. For cold brew coffee I mix a cup and half of coarsely ground coffee grounds for 8 cups of water and let it sit for 12 hours.

With a lot of cream and a pinch of sugar. Like, an ant sneezed and some sugar crystals wafted into my drink.

Seattle's Best Level 5 with some French Vaniller creamer. If a customer offers me coffee, I usually take it black, because I don't want them to go to any trouble. :)

Cream? Sugar? Milk?

I like Starbucks dark roast (French is a little too bold, I prefer Verona) with a little half and half.

I transform it into Earl Gray tea with a little bit of Truvia.

As a very young guy it was non dairy creamer and sugar, then I went black, then for the last 20 years either half/half or evaporated milk with no sugar. I cant stand milk in my coffee unless I do a Starbuck's cappuccino wet.

As for the coffee I did German for a long time, but now I use Starbucks, the darker/bolder the better.

Last edited:
Have my daily cappuccino that I make in my machine. Trying to eliminate any sweetener and have so far this year. Like French roast. Put cinnamon and chocolate sprinkles but gave that up. Milk.

Cream? Sugar? Milk?

Two sugars, just a bit of milk. New York style, I believe it is. I was raised by a New Yorker, so that's how I've always done it. One to two cups every morning, first thing, or my day's just not right. I don't usually drink coffee after my morning brew.

I generally use a French press these days. I am not enormously picky about my coffee brands, but I don't like a lot of the coffee shop brands (Starbucks especially -- never cared for it at all). Decent pre-ground is fine. Occasionally I splurge on something wonderful though.

I like Cuban too (pinch of sugar only, generally added to the coffee grounds themselves) and cold brew. Straight black's acceptable if that's what's on offer though. Cappuccino is also nice if I have espresso.

I despise the froofy, dessert-y styles of coffee. Whipped cream, flavored creamer, watered down, bleh. It ruins the coffee. Why drink coffee that doesn't taste even slightly like coffee? Adding dimension, fine, but why have it at all if you're basically trying to hide the coffee taste all together? If I want a dessert drink, I'll have a milkshake.

Last edited:
Canned ground whatever is on sale, even Folgers, light cream, sugar. Keep some non-dairy creamer for out of light cream emergencies.

Make it with a Mr Coffee drip.... don't do the French Press or grind my own anymore, gave up on being avant garde.

Cream? Sugar? Milk?

I like mine liquid. Beyond that, it doesn't much matter. Three days old, doesn't matter...as long as it's not weak. I guess that's what a couple of decades of Navy coffee will do to you.

But given a choice, I do enjoy a quad grande latte vanilla breve. Which reminds me of the time I went to a Starbucks in the airport at Memphis and asked for that...and they looked at me and asked, "what's a breve?" And if you go to Manila, you'll find quite a few of what Seattle no longer seems to have: "Seattle's Best" coffee shops.

I like variety. Coffee, cappucino, espresso, cuban, I like it.

Cream or no cream, but always sugar. Gotta have sugar.

Black, but espresso's better!

One time I was getting my blood taken by this black lady. And of course I had my cup of coffee with me. She was like:

"you drink black coffee?"

Me:

"Yeah"

"Her really?"

me:

"well yeah"

her:

"you really drink black coffee?"

me:

"once you go black you don't go back"

Her:

":lamo"

I generally walk in the store wearing a long, black overcoat and slip it up underneath that when no one is looking, buy some half and half, and slink on out the door.

I generally walk in the store wearing a long, black overcoat and slip it up underneath that when no one is looking, buy some half and half, and slink on out the door.

At 7-11 I'll buy a hot dog and take a weeks worth of mustard packets.

I forget to mention that one of the places I worked had a lot of Koreans, most of them took their coffee with chocolate milk, the more fat the better, with no additional sugar. I do that a few times a year mostly in memory, here in Washington I use Dairygold Old Fashioned Chocolate milk.

Now you have me thinking of The Wild Bunch in their dusters.

Now you have me thinking of The Wild Bunch in their dusters.

Funny you should say that because that's exactly the look I had in mind. Speaking of mind, what little is left of mine is overly dramatic sometimes. It can't be helped.

Back
Top Bottom