• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How do you take coffee?

I take mine black.

I buy the Boyd's organic Rip City blend, whole bean. I grind it before I brew it.

Good coffee is wasted by putting other stuff in it.

Cream? Sugar? Milk?

I personally like black drip. Use starbucks pike place or starbucks French roast.

Usually my first cup in the morning I'll put just a little bit of heavy whipping cream in it. Rest of the pot goes in the thermos and I sip it black throughot the day.

For you coffee drinkers, how do you do it?

I'm now down to drinking one joyous cup on Sunday Morning - 2 spoons of sugar, 2 spoons of creamer, 1 spoon of coffee grounds.

I like a dark roast with a slenda and some flavored creamer. Green Mountain Dark Magic is really good along with San Frnacisco Bay Rainforest blend for the Kureig at work. The Starbucks Holiday Blend was also very good.l

Black, the stronger the better. Can't stand anything in my coffee but coffee.

I take mine black.

I buy the Boyd's organic Rip City blend, whole bean. I grind it before I brew it.

Good coffee is wasted by putting other stuff in it.

Boyds is good coffee, the first time I had that was at Jubitz truck stop In Portland Ore. Decent stuff.

I disagree though, a small amount of cream compliments coffee. Never did sugar

The actual coffee doesn't matter much to me, as long as it's caffeinated. I used to love the Coffee Mate or International Delight flavored creamers but was getting pretty bad heartburn from them after a while, so I switched to skim milk and honey which is working out well.

Black, the stronger the better. Can't stand anything in my coffee but coffee.

Does black coffee taste good to you, or do you just drink it for the caffeine? I personally can hardly tell the difference between them when it's just black.

I prefer Cafe Cubano, really sweet. Cafe Bustelo or Pilon.

cafe-cubano-fw-1927994-x.jpg

Does black coffee taste good to you, or do you just drink it for the caffeine? I personally can hardly tell the difference between them when it's just black.

Strong black coffee is the nectar of gods. I used to utterly love Columbian, but it's too hard to find anymore, so I use a dark roast blend. I can tell the difference between blends (although I'm no connoisseur), and dislike the bitterness in some cheaper coffees that toss green beans into the mix. Weak, watery coffee makes me gag. I just dump it out.

I drink two 20 oz cups of coffee during the first four hours of the day each with French vanilla and a single packet of Sweet 'N Low.

People that put cream in their coffee are corrupting society and are a danger to society!!!!

We need legislation to stop this perversion for the sake of the children!!!!

Strong black coffee is the nectar of gods. I used to utterly love Columbian, but it's too hard to find anymore, so I use a dark roast blend. I can tell the difference between blends (although I'm no connoisseur), and dislike the bitterness in some cheaper coffees that toss green beans into the mix. Weak, watery coffee makes me gag. I just dump it out.

Boyds is good coffee, the first time I had that was at Jubitz truck stop In Portland Ore. Decent stuff.

I disagree though, a small amount of cream compliments coffee. Never did sugar

I don't know if they ship 1 lb bags, but check out the Boyds site, here is a link to their 100% Colombian, link in pic:

edit;

They do sell online:

Gorge? 100% Colombian - Shop All Coffee

Last edited:
People Who Order Coffee Black Are More Likely To Be Psychopaths

Dating someone new? Interviewing for a job? No matter your circumstances, it may be time to start paying attention to how the people around you order their coffee.

A just-in-time-for-Halloween study published in the journal Appetite revealed that people who like their coffee black are more likely to possess anti-social and psychopathic personality traits.

[A moment for you to recall the people in your life who enjoy their coffee black.]

The research, which comes from the University of Innsbruck in Austria, examined the taste preferences of about 1,000 people, finding those who preferred more bitter notes in foods like black coffee scored higher on a series personality questionnaires that assessed Machiavellianism, a term used in psychology to describe personalities that are dark, psychopathic, narcissistic and sadistic.

Um... yikes.

People Who Order Coffee Black Are More Likely To Be Psychopaths

Last edited:
Black usually. Sometimes I'll put hazelnut creamer in it, but never sugar.

In my world Colombian beans rock. I've tried all brands some pretty pricey and found Kroger's Colombian bean coffee to be one of the best tasting. It cost me about five dollars and some change per bag. Now there was a shortage on Colombian beans a few months back due to some fungus issue but that has since passed. Now the Kroger Colombian bean coffee is a hot item and they sometimes run out. I will either substitute it with Meijer's Colombian bean or 8 O'clock Colombian bean. Both make a decent cup of coffee without breaking the bank. I finally replaced my bean grinder. That thing was so loud it could wake the dead. This new one is much more quiet. I like it brewed strong with a splash of half and half or whole milk. A good cup of coffee and watching the sunrise is a great way to start a day.

Orally

Other than that, I'm not too picky as long as it's not McDonalds or Folgers or decaffeinated

When was the last time you had mcdonalds coffee if you don't mind my asking?

about 5 years ago they switched to an arabica type coffee, and It's actually very good IMO.

I even buy the McCafe grounds to use in my drip maker.

I like mine liquid. Beyond that, it doesn't much matter. Three days old, doesn't matter...as long as it's not weak. I guess that's what a couple of decades of Navy coffee will do to you.

But given a choice, I do enjoy a quad grande latte vanilla breve. Which reminds me of the time I went to a Starbucks in the airport at Memphis and asked for that...and they looked at me and asked, "what's a breve?" And if you go to Manila, you'll find quite a few of what Seattle no longer seems to have: "Seattle's Best" coffee shops.

I'm not even old enough to remember SBC shops. when I worked at the QFC store in Port Orchard we served "Seattle's Best Coffee" I put that in quotes because I don't know if that's what they actually served in their stores or if it's just cheap coffee branded with seattle's best. I never really liked it. It was always really old people who bought it, I have to guess that after your taste buds start going you care less.

Navy coffee must be like mny other forms of institutional coffee, like cafeterias or industrial break rooms or what have you, Never had coffee on a naval facility, did once on an Air Force one, but they use cheap coffee, but they have big industrial brewers, like Bunn type brewers, and they can brew large amounts of coffee at insanely hot temperature. and that means all coffee out of them will taste OK. I've never heard any of my friend's in the Navy complain about coffee. I hear aboard ship it's pretty good.

Last edited:
Black usually. Sometimes I'll put hazelnut creamer in it, but never sugar.

I sometimes just wonder if Sugar is a conspiracy, here in the Pacific Northwest (where we have an insane coffee culture) I have never seen anyone put sugar in coffee. Sugar is available, but I never see it put in. ever. Cream is a different story, cream and milk flow like the Columbia River into coffee cups, but until smokeandmirrors mentioned it, I've never communicated with a coffee-sugerer. They are an elusive breed for sure.

Two sugars, just a bit of milk. New York style, I believe it is. I was raised by a New Yorker, so that's how I've always done it. One to two cups every morning, first thing, or my day's just not right. I don't usually drink coffee after my morning brew.

I generally use a French press these days. I am not enormously picky about my coffee brands, but I don't like a lot of the coffee shop brands (Starbucks especially -- never cared for it at all). Decent pre-ground is fine. Occasionally I splurge on something wonderful though.

I like Cuban too (pinch of sugar only, generally added to the coffee grounds themselves) and cold brew. Straight black's acceptable if that's what's on offer though. Cappuccino is also nice if I have espresso.

I despise the froofy, dessert-y styles of coffee. Whipped cream, flavored creamer, watered down, bleh. It ruins the coffee. Why drink coffee that doesn't taste even slightly like coffee? Adding dimension, fine, but why have it at all if you're basically trying to hide the coffee taste all together? If I want a dessert drink, I'll have a milkshake.

I'm an true Northwesterner, and coffee to me is not merely a morning beverage. really when it's dreary and rainy where I live most of the year coffee is never at the wrong time, at least until 3 hours before bed.
I have a 12 ounce cup in the morning and go to work with a 24 ounce stanley thermos.

I don't consider those sweet beverages to be coffee, But I like them as beverages in their own right. A carmel machiatto hot, on a cold day is quite a treat. milkshakes are like a summer thing, hot coffee desert beverages are good for winter

I like my coffee like I like my women, steam pressured through a Keurig.

When was the last time you had mcdonalds coffee if you don't mind my asking?

about 5 years ago they switched to an arabica type coffee, and It's actually very good IMO.

I even buy the McCafe grounds to use in my drip maker.

It might be measured in decades

Cream? Sugar? Milk?

I personally like black drip. Use starbucks pike place or starbucks French roast.

Usually my first cup in the morning I'll put just a little bit of heavy whipping cream in it. Rest of the pot goes in the thermos and I sip it black throughot the day.

For you coffee drinkers, how do you do it?

It depends...

Methods: Drip. French Press. Vacuum Tube. Boiled. Turkish. Espresso machine.... They all work for me.

Condiments: Condensed milk at times (Thai/Vietnamese style). When in Spain Cafe Cortado was my favorite (Espresso with a smigen of milk)

Coffee from a gas stop usually has Creamora type flavored creamer to cut the burned taste.

But if there is coffee... I will drink it.

Back
Top Bottom