• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How do you personally define success?

• Material wealth/high income

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Being a true follower of your religion

• Being "the boss"

• Total voters

Slartibartfast

Jesus loves you.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

Hmmmm, I could only vote for one option. Don't think that's what you intended.

Success to me is arriving at what some call critical mass (enough money to pay bills with enough discretionary money left over), living life on my terms (critical mass helps a lot with that), a good family life, pride in my accomplishments, and the ability to help others.

State of mind feeding into actions and environment and straight back in.

Hmmmm, I could only vote for one option. Don't think that's what you intended.

Success to me is arriving at what some call critical mass (enough money to pay bills with enough discretionary money left over), living life on my terms (critical mass helps a lot with that), a good family life, pride in my accomplishments, and the ability to help others.

I wanted to see what people considered most important.

My selection is "Making a positive difference in the world," and the reasons are simple.

By setting out to make a positive difference in the world, you necessarily are going to be living "A moral and ethical life," and you will be setting a good example that should lead to "Having a good family," "Being a true follower of your religion," is what drives me to want to make a difference in the first place.

"Feeling good about yourself/life/optimism," is a by product of the others for me, Being "the boss" early in my twenties helped to make me who I became and helped make all the other things possible, such as "Living life on my terms," "Material wealth/high income," becomes less important to anyone who learns early on what life is really all about.

Having had hundreds of employees who look to you for guidance, fair treatment and even inspiration from time to time you learn a great deal more than any college class or book other than the Bible will ever teach you.

I have been fortunate enough to have talked with more people over the air waves of Radio and TV than most people ever dream of and have been blessed by holding public office and I can tell you that the reward for having you heart in the right place and doing your all to "make positive difference" you will be rewarded in many ways.

It's a domino effect in a positive way that if you haven't tried it I recommend it. The was an old Life Cereal TV ad that had a catch phrase that caught on for long time, and it fits here.

"Try it you'll like it!"

Other.... any of the above. Success is what you want it to be. And we all have our own goals in life.

For me personally, again I'd say any of the above. Honestly I wouldn't consider it success in my life if I have achieved only one of the poll options.

Success is achieving a goal that I set out to accomplish, but I'm not sure that I believe in a notion of fixed success... i.e. I am successful in this moment and therefore I am successful, period.

These days I tend to follow my heart more than any model of success. Putting too many expectations on the future creates a lot of unnecessary pressure. If my heart feels right and satisfied then I know I am doing the right thing.

I guess I have been watching too much tv

explain

You have a major ax to grind about your high taxes. While I agree with you, sometimes it's comical to here you complain so much. Why don't you just share the wealth? Please?

Making a difference. This would include raising my children to be happy, healthy and productive adults who grow up knowing they can do and be anything they choose to be. It would also include doing what I need to do in my job, to make sure that adults with developmental disabilities get the care and assistance they need to succeed.

3 b's
Brain's
Body
Bank account

Back
Top Bottom