• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How do you know Jesus wasn't lying?

The lives of people today are objectively better by pretty much any metric you want to use than at any other time in history.
People were much better off pre-agriculture, when they were primitive hunter-gatherers. Whenever civilization encounters primitive people it ruins their lives.

Let's pretend for the sake of argument that it's somehow indisputably proven that the guy called Jesus Christ existed about 2000 years ago, and that Bible contains a perfectly accurate account of what he said and did. And let's assume for the sake of argument that all his miracles were not parlor tricks, but the result of actual magical, devine, or some other form of power or ability that he possessed.

With all that assumed to be true, how do you know he wasn't lying?
So, what if he was? So what? There is still no better way to live...

People were much better off pre-agriculture, when they were primitive hunter-gatherers. Whenever civilization encounters primitive people it ruins their lives.

Hunter-gatherers were pre-history.

Today a far greater percentage of the world’s population lives in peace than at any time before in history, which is a non-trivial, curiously underreported statistic. By any reasonable measure, the world is living in a golden age of peace and security, even if it may not always appear to be so.

There’s more (and of course, much more in Pinker’s book), but this paints the picture we need: Our current world is the safest time in all of human history. In his Wall Street Journal article, Pinker sums up his conclusions: “Violence has been in decline for thousands of years, and today we may be living in the most peaceable era in the existence of our species.” Hallelujah!

more human beings have been killed by other human beings in the last 150 years than in all other recorded human history .

In consolation Ginger, Putin does totally agree with you in his insistence that no women , children, elderly are being slaughtered right now, and his war is one of the most humane wars ever conducted , with just a minimal amount of slaughter.

more human beings have been killed by other human beings in the last 150 years than in all other recorded human history .

In consolation Ginger, Putin does totally agree with you in his insistence that no women , children, elderly are being slaughtered right now, and his war is one of the most humane wars ever conducted , with just a minimal amount of slaughter.

That’s a consequence of the fact that human populations are massively larger now. We are rapidly approaching the point at which there will be as many people alive as have ever died.

The percentage of people killed by violence, whether crime or war, has been steadily going down for more than 100 years.

You realize less people have died in the entire war in Ukraine than in single battles from medieval wars, yes?

Hunter-gatherers were pre-history.
Fair enough.
I think we're about to start reducing our average quality of life by way of having people live too long. But that's easy to say while I'm still relatively healthy. If I get really old and unable to do much of anything I might change my tune about living too long.

Last edited:

There are more people. You can't go by number of people killed.
Listen, horrible things still happen, but the theory on Armageddon isn't panning out. You can have faith that we will eventually see mass destruction like we've never seen but so far the opposite is true, unless sensationalized news coverage counts.

That’s a consequence of the fact that human populations are massively larger now. We are rapidly approaching the point at which there will be as many people alive as have ever died.

The percentage of people killed by violence, whether crime or war, has been steadily going down for more than 100 years.

You realize less people have died in the entire war in Ukraine than in single battles from medieval wars, yes?
Do you realize that today in San Antonio you stand a 1 in 124 chance of being a violent crime victim ?
You consider this " steadily going down " ?
From what ?

You really don't live in San Antonio do you ?
You actually live in a different universe.

Would you like to wager that when San Antonio had a 'massively' smaller population your chances of being a violent crime victim were greater or anywhere even approaching such a depressing chance of victimization ?

How do we know the entire Bible isn’t simply the handy work of Satan? Leading billions down a false path?

Can anyone prove Satan isn’t responsible for everything contained within the Bible?
Satan doesn't need to produce any counterfeit Scripture, he just uses the ones that God writes.

Do you realize that today in San Antonio you stand a 1 in 124 chance of being a violent crime victim ?
From what ?

Would you like to wager that when San Antonio had a 'massively' smaller population your chances of being a violent crime victim were greater or anywhere even approaching such a depressing chance of victimization ?

It’s lower than the chances of being a victim to violence during the medieval era.

Jesus told us that this world would devolve in the direction of a more bloody, brutal, deadly and evil place.
Becoming darker and darker, never moving towards the light .
Someone please explain that he lied and that the world is actually moving towards the light, becoming a much nicer less deadly and despair filled place ?
It is becoming both worse and better.

From what ?

Why do you think the crime statistics of a single city are representative of all of humanity? GLOBALLY deaths by violence, whether from crime or war, have been steadily going down. That’s a fact.

Listen, horrible things still happen, but the theory on Armageddon isn't panning out. You can have faith that we will eventually see mass destruction like we've never seen but so far the opposite is true, unless sensationalized news coverage counts.

You realize your chances of being a violent crime victim in Pheonix are 1 in 119 ?
So tell me how many year going back in the history of Pheonix believe this rate would hold up as being in proportion ?
Or are you afraid to find out ?

How about if he wasn't lying, we just don't understand, or the Church is lying?

There are many possibilities. I'm asking about one of them.

You realize your chances of being a violent crime victim in Pheonix are 1 in 119 ?
So tell me how many year going back in the history of Pheonix believe this rate would hold up as being in proportion ?

Why do you think individual cities are representative of the entire human population?

Well, there are proofs, the Great White Throne, the Greater Causal Planet, the Bible, his works, were they consistent with that of an Avatar? Present miracles, healings and redemptions, accessibility. Half of the slaughter in the Old Testament didn't occur, and the other half is indicative of the brutal day.

You can prove all the way to the sky, but can you prove 3n+1, with the planet's present Spiritual calculus or mettle? I doubt it.

If your number is odd, 3n+1, if even divide by 2. All the numbers come down to the same ending sequence, but vary randomly as to their chart and no-one has proven yet if there isn't an infinite, or circle of numbers that repeat somewhere but there's not one in number up to Quintillions?

You can't prove Pythagoras' fifth theorem either that if a line crosses two parallel lines it crosses both lines.

I suggest you read some real history books, and put the bible down for a few. Why does delusion seem to go hand and hand with religion?

I'd love to see how good you lived in Phoenix, pre AC. lol

About anything you believe he said that has any consequence to your life or, more to the point, your afterlife.

This isn't an LSAT question. This should be easy for you.
Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.

First you claim that Jesus really did exist and everything he did happened, so how can you possibly even state that he would be lying?

Logic 101 fail.

What specifically would be the lie, that I go to prepare a place for you, that He will come again, that He was God?

I would say he was more deluded than lying.

God experiences delusion too.

That's why you got to be careful, especially if it is God.

Your argument makes no sense whatsoever.

First you claim that Jesus really did exist and everything he did happened, so how can you possibly even state that he would be lying?

Logic 101 fail.
That's the nature of the Cohan, now do you believe, would you give it 50%?

50% likely Christ was God.

Well either he was God or he wasn't. Two choices 50%.

The truth is, we don't know where God's Son comes from, so we're too ignorant to rank Christ.

Do you have a video recording of your god saying anything? Really do you have anything more substantial than another human saying what they heard someone else say god supposedly say?

Back
Top Bottom