• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How do you get stuff done with people from an unmotivated culture?

This information comes from anybody that has ever had a business in Mexico.

I will give you an example that was told to me.

This man has a business. It doesn't matter what kind of business it is.

Three employees had stolen 5 million pesos worth of merchandise over a two year period.

The owner asked them why that happened when he paid them well and her treated them right.

One of them said his mother was sick so he had to get more money.

The owner, of course, told them they were fired.

The man with the sick mother told the owner that if he was fired he wouldn't have the money to take care of his mother and if she died, it would be the owners fault and if she did die, that man would come back and kill this owner.

The owner said he wasn't responsible for the mans mother and that he wasn't afraid of the man, but he decided to keep the man but to keep a close watch on him so he didn't steal any more.

My response would have been very different as a bad employee can never be a good employee.

This is a common story with Mexican employees.

The saying "Los que no tranzan no avanza" is common among employees here. That means that somebody who does steal and scam, doesn't get anywhere.

Well, I have a million stories like that for American workers in America. They feel entitled, since 'the boss' has so much.

So I'm not sure that I accept your view as 'the rule' for Mexican workers. But I appreciate that you took the time to illustrate your point.

Well, I have a million stories like that for American workers in America. They feel entitled, since 'the boss' has so much.

So I'm not sure that I accept your view as 'the rule' for Mexican workers. But I appreciate that you took the time to illustrate your point.

I am not really concerned if you believe me or not. You don't have to live in this society and try to manage these employees, I do.

I have been counseled to not open any business where I need to hire employees, but if I do, I need to not only pay them their salary, but also give them stock in the company to reduce the chance they will rob me blind.

I am not really concerned if you believe me or not. You don't have to live in this society and try to manage these employees, I do.

I have been counseled to not open any business where I need to hire employees, but if I do, I need to not only pay them their salary, but also give them stock in the company to reduce the chance they will rob me blind.

My thank you for the information was sincere.

Back
Top Bottom