• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How do you feel about taxes?

My taxes are ...

• Too high, and I'm rich

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Too high, and I'm middle class

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Too high, and I'm poor

• Too low, and I'm rich

• Too low, and I'm middle class

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Too low, and I'm poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Just right

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I went with other, because IMO my federal taxes are too low and my state taxes are too high. Or, at least, they were too high until I moved states.

Just wondering.

Taxes are the price we pay for living in a civilized free modern industrialized democratic constitutional republic.
I only ask that the taxes I pay get used to help ME and my fellow Americans to the best extent possible and used in a practical and thrifty way, and with a minimum of corruption, and that they yield tangible returns and results when applied.
I don't expect 100% perfection but I do expect to see a fair effort in that direction.

I don’t mind paying taxes. The country I live in has allowed me to live a comfortable life, never have I been hungry or afraid to speak my mind. Therefore, it is my responsibility to make sure those that follow have the same opportunities and rights.

Count many in with 50 Cent

I don’t want to be 20cent’ under Biden

Luke 2:12-13 — "Some tax collectors came to be baptized, and they asked him, 'Teacher, what are we to do?' Don't collect more than is legal, he told them." And in Romans 13:6-7, St. Paul writes, "That is also why you pay taxes, because the authorities are working for God when they fulfill their duties. Pay, then, what you owe them; pay your personal and property taxes, and show respect and honor for them all."

Anything over compelling ten percent is akin to theft. No one is stopping you from donating all you have to the state if you wish.

I went with other, because IMO my federal taxes are too low and my state taxes are too high. Or, at least, they were too high until I moved states.

If I felt like I got something cognizable out of my federal taxes, I would be fine with paying more. I am more pissed about the existence of the Earned Income Tax Credit than I am any particular tax burden I have to pay.

If I felt like I got something cognizable out of my federal taxes, I would be fine with paying more. I am more pissed about the existence of the Earned Income Tax Credit than I am any particular tax burden I have to pay.
Yes, you do seem very bothered by that.

I think they are too low as evidenced by our deficit spending. We want what we want, on the next generation's dime.
Then nominate some stuff to stop spending on. Until the pandemic revenues were growing, the monstrous amount of spending we've had to do is ballooning the deficit

Count many in with 50 Cent

I don’t want to be 20cent’ under Biden

Luke 2:12-13 — "Some tax collectors came to be baptized, and they asked him, 'Teacher, what are we to do?' Don't collect more than is legal, he told them." And in Romans 13:6-7, St. Paul writes, "That is also why you pay taxes, because the authorities are working for God when they fulfill their duties. Pay, then, what you owe them; pay your personal and property taxes, and show respect and honor for them all."

Anything over compelling ten percent is akin to theft. No one is stopping you from donating all you have to the state if you wish.

Yeah, that is some strange shit, right there.........

I'm middle class l, almost exactly median. Or was before. I don't like what I pay, but who does. I do understand however that a country needs money to function. Do that really well and I would be ok with giving up half. Basic healthcare, college for those who keep their grades up. Lots of help, not a lot of handouts.

Yeah, that is some strange shit, right there.........

Strange shit, it's a marginal rate. Nobody is going to be forking over 62 percent of everything that they make and if 50 cent is so ignorant that he doesn't understand marginal tax rates, either his accountant is lying or he's not paying taxes at all.

Then nominate some stuff to stop spending on. Until the pandemic revenues were growing, the monstrous amount of spending we've had to do is ballooning the deficit
You are not getting it. We have been running deficits for eons because collectively we like the stuff we are collectively spending tax dollars on.. I support a series of tax increases to pay off those war debts from Iraq and Afghanistan etc, and then keep those revenues rolling and stashed for the next wars we end up fighting, to pay the FEMA bills for our hurricanes, our fires, our floods and to invest in infrastructure rebuilding, health care, job training etc. We are undertaxed and we complain to much.

I'm fine with taxes but I'd welcome a ringfenced tax increase to make university free and more money for infrastructure.

Taxes are the price we pay for living in a civilized free modern industrialized democratic constitutional republic.

taxationstockholmsyndrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom