• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Do You Feel About Ohio's Vaccine Lottery?

How Do You Feel About Ohio's Vaccine Lottery?

• I have already done my patriotic duty and don't care if other's win one million dollars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care because I ain't getting vaccinated no way no how

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Moderate Right

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
So, Ohio is trying to encourage people to be vaccinated by entering new people getting vaccinated into a lottery where 5 individuals will win one million dollars apiece. How do you feel about that?

Sad, very very sad. So many people are waiting for a vaccine, we have to be lured.
No one should be waiting. We have plenty and it's 5 miles away from most people . It's just that certain people are spreading lies that endanger the lives of millions of our neighbors and citizens.

If that is what it takes, go for it Ohio!

No one should be waiting. We have plenty and it's 5 miles away from most people . It's just that certain people are spreading lies that endanger the lives of millions of our neighbors and citizens.
I spoke to a friend overseas today. She had both jabs, but her kids, now in their 30s, are still on the waiting list. It makes me wonder if anyone refusing the vaccine should pay out of pocket for someone waiting.

I spoke to a friend overseas today. She had both jabs, but her kids, now in their 30s, are still on the waiting list. It makes me wonder if anyone refusing the vaccine should pay out of pocket for someone waiting.
It's free in the EU and GB. Most countries are also providing the vaccines are covering the cost.

So, Ohio is trying to encourage people to be vaccinated by entering new people getting vaccinated into a lottery where 5 individuals will win one million dollars apiece. How do you feel about that?
Ohio couldn't find a better way to spend a million?

These two 🤷‍♂️

• I have already done my patriotic duty and don't care if other's win one million dollars
  • It is what it is. We need to get people vaccinated
and good for Ohio if this will help

It's free in the EU and GB. Most countries are also providing the vaccines are covering the cost.
I meant it as a consequence for those who are unwilling to get the vaccine.

Then there should not be a "waiting list." The vaccines now go down to 12 y/o, world wide.

Once again, we see that the vaccine hesitant have the mindset of a child. Some of them will be convinced to get the vaccine not because of understanding that the expected costs of vaccine side effects are significantly less than the expected costs of COVID-19, but by a monetary reward. "Get the vaccine and you could win a prize! Come on down!"

1620969196621.png

it's free in the US also, lovebug is just being dramatic.

Well since the vaccine is free you're going to make them pay....nothing :D

Whatever it takes to get these dumbasses to get vaccinations

Of course if a bunch of deplorables die because they worship trump the world will be better off.

I likely won't get it, but I wouldn't mind a million bucks or college for the kids.

BTW, you got it wrong, all vaccinated people in Ohio are run the running, not just the newly vaccinated.

Wow!

Sounds like desperation to me!!!
Who's paying for this?

i support requiring the vaccine to work. i had to prove that i had a shitload of vaccines as well as a TB test to go to grad school. this is what happens when smart people make the admission decisions. as for giving people a million bucks, what's the point? being alive is worth much more than some stupid money jackpot.

I’ll give them points for a pragmatic idea, but ultimately it is a sad commentary.

i support requiring the vaccine to work. i had to prove that i had a shitload of vaccines as well as a TB test to go to grad school. this is what happens when smart people make the admission decisions. as for giving people a million bucks, what's the point? being alive is worth much more than some stupid money jackpot.
The point is trying to lure the anti-vaxxers. Ohio realizes they have a big problem with knuckleheads who have politized the vaccine along with masks. If handing out a few million dollars benefits the majority of Ohioan's, then I think its a great idea. Time will tell how many more people rush out to get the vaccine.

The point is trying to lure the anti-vaxxers. Ohio realizes they have a big problem with knuckleheads who have politized the vaccine along with masks. If handing out a few million dollars benefits the majority of Ohioan's, then I think its a great idea. Time will tell how many more people rush out to get the vaccine.
I think that shutting them out of work until they get vaccinated might be more effective. Even anti-vax morons like to eat.

I thought all proceeds were earmarked for education (other than overhead). This is the first I’ve heard of this but I oppose it for that reason plus because it doesn’t seem equitable on the surface of it.

This Ohioan thinks it is a stupid idea being promoted by Governor DeWine. He is using 5 million from the stimulus that is suppose to be used in promoting the vaccine. Five million could be used in producing ads promoting the vaccines and answering often asked questions in all forms of local media.

In Ohio, 4,957,157 people or 42% of the state has received at least one dose.

Overall, 4,303,920 people or 36% of Ohio's population has been fully vaccinated.

But what those numbers do not reflect are the people who have already had Covid which does create a natural immunity. To date, there have been 1,088,343 confirmed cases of Covid minus the 19,441 deaths = 1,068,902 that are not being part of the equation who have a natural immunity. And it does not include all the asymptomatic cases especially in children. Add 1,068,902 with a natural immunity to the 4,571,157 who are either fully vaccinated and those who have had at least one shot = 6,059,026 which is over 52% of Ohio's population.

Ohio put first responders at the top of the list to receive the vaccine first, then those living in nursing homes/assisted living. From there they opened the vaccine up to educators then people in their 80-90's, 70's, 60's all who were the most vulnerable. Being a seasoned citizen, I did not get my second shot until the first week in April.

Ohio also did not make it easy to get the vaccine. People were having to travel to other cities. I had to even though I was on the list for weeks at a local drug store and with my family doctor but they both kept informing me they were not receiving any vaccine so we went to another city that was receiving the vaccine and on the very same day of signing up was given a date to get the shot. But at this point all the vulnerable have been given an opportunity to receive the vaccination.

Currently there are about a thousand or less confirmed cases daily but that is another 1,000 or so each day who now have a natural immunity. Currently deaths from Covid are becoming rare and hospitalizations are way down.

The people have been offered the vaccine. It is their choice whether they take it or not. Protect yourself and move on.

Back
Top Bottom