• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How do you end a letter?

bub

R.I.P. Léo
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I have to write a motivation letter in English, and I'm looking for an appropriate ending: would "Yours sincerely" be ok?

though in all sincerity, yours sincerely is a pretty sincere response

Last edited:
"Yours sincerely" sounds a little weird to me. I'd just go with "Sincerely".

However, I end all my letters with "By reading this letter in it's entirety you give me permission to sleep with your daughter/wife/pet (whichever applies)."

"Yours sincerely" sounds a little weird to me. I'd just go with "Sincerely".

However, I end all my letters with "By reading this letter in it's entirety you give me permission to sleep with your daughter/wife/pet (whichever applies)."

I sincerely hope they don't have a rottweiler

tumblr_kt9lhhXVnq1qa95s8o1_500.jpg

I have to write a motivation letter in English, and I'm looking for an appropriate ending: would "Yours sincerely" be ok?

Motivation letter?

Now that I have explained how you have completley fornicated your self, Please un-**** yourself.

I tend to thank them for their time if it is someone I have not met before. If it is, I tend to go with something more personal as appropriate to my relationship with them.

"Best,"
Cardinal

Just a tad more formal:

"All the best,"
Cardinal

Much more informal, and depending on who you're talking to:

"Cheers,"
Cardinal

Bite me,
Cardinal

I don't know what a "motivation letter" is.
"Sincerely" is more for a personal letter ("Yours sincerely" is structurally awkward; "Sincerely yours" is better, but either way it's got formal/romantic connotations).

If you could possibly explain a little bit more about what this letter is or who it's intended for, I could probably give you some suggestions about the appropriate way to end it.

last time Bub sent me a motivational letter, he signed it, "Your faithful servant".

I end most business correspondence with a simple "Thank you" and my signature. Personal correspondence depends on the circumstances, and ranges from the same "Thank you" to "Yours".

I sincerely hope they don't have a rottweiler

tumblr_kt9lhhXVnq1qa95s8o1_500.jpg

Epic crotch grab!!!

It looks like he's just discovered a new friend. :2razz:

Last edited:
I end most business correspondence with a simple "Thank you" and my signature. Personal correspondence depends on the circumstances, and ranges from the same "Thank you" to "Yours".

Yeah I use to do that too, or "have a nice day"

I used to end all of my business correspondences with:

"And if you don't so as I say, you'll never see another ****ing dime from me you worthless piece of ****.

All the best,

Tucker."

Back
Top Bottom