• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How do we trust Trump with classified NatSecInfo after office?

Checkerboard Strangler

Make Video Horizontal Again
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Semi-serious thought experiment:

Trump is impeached in the House, sufficient damage done by rising tide of criminal evidence breaks McConnell's logjam and Trump is convicted in Senate trial and removed from office, state and other criminal trials proceed and Trump is sentenced...
Or forget that, let's go ahead and assume he escapes impeachment and either terms out or doesn't win in 2020.

Either way, how do we trust Trump with national security information once he's no longer in office?

This scenario can only play one way: Trump MUST spend the rest of his life in solitary because, given his nature he is given over to a desire for revenge, and he is privy to national security secrets that threaten our safety. He cannot be in contact with other people for the rest of his life.

Remember, this is just a thought experiment, but from a national security point of view, is there any other way to manage his incarceration, or even his life outside should he ever get out or escape criminal prosecution? I don't think so.
And, given that he cannot be trusted with this information, fleeing to Russia looks even more attractive to him, no?

PS: Steven Seagal's criminal investigation just got closed, he is free to return to the USA now, but he is still a Russian citizen.

I dunno, is this the beginning of a brand new "Trump University"?

TrumpSteveSeagalBondVillains.jpg

Get one of those Men in Black memory zaps and apply daily. Starting now.

Good news: Trump doesn't really read any of his security briefings, he learns everything he needs to know from Fox & Friends.

Trump will get Secret Service protection for the rest of his life.........think about that...

Trump will get Secret Service protection for the rest of his life.........think about that...

And I have to wonder if law enforcement needs access to him like arresting him if they can get near him? I already understand the Whitehouse has blocked a subpoena to either Trump's son or son in law. The officer delivering it wasn't allowed access by the secret service.

And I have to wonder if law enforcement needs access to him like arresting him if they can get near him? I already understand the Whitehouse has blocked a subpoena to either Trump's son or son in law. The officer delivering it wasn't allowed access.

Those two have to leave the WH eventually, don’t they? Is there a source for your assertion?

That'll put a cramp on his sleazy real estate style....

Bet he didn't think about that.

He cut off a lot of people he didn't like. Can the next POTUS cut him off?

I do not know whether Presidents are excepted.

I’m not concerned. Trump doesn’t keep himself informed enough on such things to pose much risk. Plus any information he DOES take in goes through his “reality filter” and comes out resembling anything but accurate information.

I’m not concerned. Trump doesn’t keep himself informed enough on such things to pose much risk. Plus any information he DOES take in goes through his “reality filter” and comes out resembling anything but accurate information.

If he's given info that he decides he can use to attack someone, do you think he'll hold back?

And what if he's vengeful because he was removed (which won't happen, but still)?

Trump is impeached in the House, sufficient damage done by rising tide of criminal evidence breaks McConnell's logjam and Trump is convicted in Senate trial and removed from office, state and other criminal trials proceed and Trump is sentenced...
Or forget that, let's go ahead and assume he escapes impeachment and either terms out or doesn't win in 2020.

Either way, how do we trust Trump with national security information once he's no longer in office?

This scenario can only play one way: Trump MUST spend the rest of his life in solitary because, given his nature he is given over to a desire for revenge, and he is privy to national security secrets that threaten our safety. He cannot be in contact with other people for the rest of his life.

Remember, this is just a thought experiment, but from a national security point of view, is there any other way to manage his incarceration, or even his life outside should he ever get out or escape criminal prosecution? I don't think so.
And, given that he cannot be trusted with this information, fleeing to Russia looks even more attractive to him, no?

PS: Steven Seagal's criminal investigation just got closed, he is free to return to the USA now, but he is still a Russian citizen.

View attachment 67246853

If he did reveal classified information to a foreign power after his presidency, is there anything preventing him from being charged with treason?

If he's given info that he decides he can use to attack someone, do you think he'll hold back?

And what if he's vengeful because he was removed (which won't happen, but still)?

Wouldn't he be sent to prison?

And really, who’s gonna believe anything he says anyways? Seriously, his record of truth telling is so horrendous that only complete idiots would (or do) believe him. If he called Putin, Jinping or Un offering secrets they’d likely say “thanks, but no thanks”.

Well, if he divulges classified info after leaving office he can be charged and arrested. I doubt he wants that. And the new President can remove his access to the Presidential Daily Brief that all former Presidents can receive.

Well, if he divulges classified info after leaving office he can be charged and arrested. I doubt he wants that. And the new President can remove his access to the Presidential Daily Brief that all former Presidents can receive.

True, but I'm not sure he has the restraint or understanding. This is a guy who listens to multiple people who know way more than him on a subject saying "you can't do that", then does it.

How do we trust Trump with classified NatSecInfo after office?

at least we know now that most conspiracy theories are bull****. if there were actual space alien visits or multiple Kennedy gunmen, the idiot would have tweeted it by now.

here, let's have a what if :

Just found out that the Fake News Media covered up the Real Shooters of John F Kennedy. Very poor Coverage. We must Bring them to Justice!

View attachment 67246853

We will just let him out into the world with the other leakers, Comey, Clinton, Clapper we survived those so one more won’t matter will it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I have to wonder if law enforcement needs access to him like arresting him if they can get near him? I already understand the Whitehouse has blocked a subpoena to either Trump's son or son in law. The officer delivering it wasn't allowed access by the secret service.

Yep, Supreme Court struck down an unconstitutional subpoena.

Two years of , but if this, but if that, this is the end of, impeachment.
Y’all should first say but if we only found a crime, but if the economy wasn’t doing so good, if there wasn’t so many jobs now, if he wasn’t getting us better trade deals, if he hadn’t have named two new great SC judges. Y’all are right that if word works great.

Yep, Supreme Court struck down an unconstitutional subpoena.

You're arguing that Trump's kids have the same presidential authority and protections, and I sense some large gaping holes in that argument. Trump's kids and in-laws aren't President.

And history is not on the side of Trump asserting such authority either.

If he did reveal classified information to a foreign power after his presidency, is there anything preventing him from being charged with treason?

He could be charged with violating various statutes related to safeguarding classified material, but probably not treason.

View attachment 67246853

Trump U ? Will he be ripping off Vets yet again ?

Back
Top Bottom