• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How do I take a pic on my iPhone then transfer it to my PC?

Loulit01

What We've Got Here is a Failure to Communicate
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Never done it before.

USB should work. I can't do it on my iPhone (work provided) but I'm pretty sure it works fine with the typical iPhone.

While not the elegant method, simply emailing it to yourself works.

I was going to suggest bluetooth, but this method is less hassle.

I usually just email them to myself since its easier than fishing out a lightning cable

I email it to myself and then upload to my PC......I find that the easiest but I am truly techless

There is an app called Transfer that works as well. I use it because my work phone won't allow me to use the USB option (can't even use iTunes). It is much better for sending files that exceed email limits. I use it for transferring multiple photos and videos. No lightning cable required, just make sure your phone and PC are on the same network.

Yep.. Send it to your Onedrive Cloud... Then download to your PC...

Onedrive is Microsoft so assuming your PC is Microsoft/Windows Onedrive will be on your PC...

plug your charging cable into the computer's USB drive. Follow the directions that will pop on to the screen.

If you are on a Mac then it is easy...somewhat.

However if you are using a real computer, then Email it to yourself or send it to the cloud....NOT iCloud... Google Drive or OneDrive or DropBox.

Moving files from an iPhone to a non Mac is via USB is a nightmare.

WhatsApp web is handy as well if someone has sent a pic or if you’ve sent it.

Install the google photos app on your iPhone. It syncs your photos to the cloud. You can the open Google Photos from any device and download the picture.

Have to revise my comment.

I did not know they had finally fixed iCloud.com.

If you log in there, in your browser, then you have access to all you photos....provided that you upload your photos to iCloud on your phone of course.

Do not know when they fixed it, but it was much needed that is for sure.

Have to revise my comment.

I did not know they had finally fixed iCloud.com.

If you log in there, in your browser, then you have access to all you photos....provided that you upload your photos to iCloud on your phone of course.

Do not know when they fixed it, but it was much needed that is for sure.

I share your suspicion. If it's free and it's from Apple, there is bound to be a catch.

I share your suspicion. If it's free and it's from Apple, there is bound to be a catch.
There is always a catch. Last time I had someone who needed stuff from an iPhone to a PC, it was a nightmare. It was in iCloud but I could not access it even on iCloud.com. Using a cable was a no go, as iTunes could not see it. In the end we had to whatsapp it to me and then he could get his files.. as they were too large for emailing.

But I was pleasantly surprised yesterday with the fact you could finally access all files, including pictures at iCloud.com. Still does not change the fact, having an iPhone with a normal PC is a nightmare if you want files off the iPhone.

There is always a catch. Last time I had someone who needed stuff from an iPhone to a PC, it was a nightmare. It was in iCloud but I could not access it even on iCloud.com. Using a cable was a no go, as iTunes could not see it. In the end we had to whatsapp it to me and then he could get his files.. as they were too large for emailing.

But I was pleasantly surprised yesterday with the fact you could finally access all files, including pictures at iCloud.com. Still does not change the fact, having an iPhone with a normal PC is a nightmare if you want files off the iPhone.

I had a desktop Mac my sister gave me. It was great, providing you stayed inside the ecosystem. There are even free open-source aps which work on it, thanks I guess to the BSD subsystem.

What finally turned me against it was I wanted to install Linux on it (rather than a generational upgrade of macOS) and it allowed dual booting Windows but not Linux. It would have been so easy for them, but I guess they didn't get a kickback for it. Meh, maybe I'll try again since it makes no difference if I brick it.

I had a desktop Mac my sister gave me. It was great, providing you stayed inside the ecosystem. There are even free open-source aps which work on it, thanks I guess to the BSD subsystem.

What finally turned me against it was I wanted to install Linux on it (rather than a generational upgrade of macOS) and it allowed dual booting Windows but not Linux. It would have been so easy for them, but I guess they didn't get a kickback for it. Meh, maybe I'll try again since it makes no difference if I brick it.
You can dual boot Linux...I do. Funny enough Linux runs better on my 2014 Mac Book Air, than MacOS.. The annoying part is getting access to Linux (or Windows) once it is installed. But I only use my Mac as a mobile browser and not much else as MacOS does pretty much everything worse than Windows or Linux.

If you have a preferred messaging service on your phone and computer, you can send it to yourself on that service, then log into that service on your computer and download the picture.

Back
Top Bottom